Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Altitude

Reaction score
I took pictures at our RC club field last weekend to show everyone what 400ft. looked like. We had an FAA official there for a meeting. I stopped at 400ft. according to my ST-16. The picture properties only showed 225ft. I have pine trees West of my house that are about 100ft. tall and I took pictures even with the tops. The ST-16 showed 105ft. but the picture properties showed only 25ft. What could be the problem?

I took pictures at our RC club field last weekend to show everyone what 400ft. looked like. We had an FAA official there for a meeting. I stopped at 400ft. according to my ST-16. The picture properties only showed 225ft. I have pine trees West of my house that are about 100ft. tall and I took pictures even with the tops. The ST-16 showed 105ft. but the picture properties showed only 25ft. What could be the problem?
It might help us if you posted the photos and explained how you were analyzing the photos to determine heights. There are several members that do mapping and may be able to lend a hand to your analysis.

It might help us if you posted the photos and explained how you were analyzing the photos to determine heights. There are several members that do mapping and may be able to lend a hand to your analysis.
If you go to"properties" of the picture it will show GPS position and altitude.

I believe the altitude in the picture properties of those taken with a CG03+ are shown in meters
I was thinking maybe a confusion between feet and meters...then I saw this post.

When I update my log book after a flight I have a field to record height. I like that recording to be in feet so I always need to run the figures (obtained via UAV Toolbox) through a conversion table to convert the height in meters to feet.

That explains it. Thanks everyone! I parked my H at 400ft. and one of our pilots flew up to what he thought was 400ft. and I could not see him until I descended to 200ft. He still don't believe it but the altitude in the picture details is 61m. Maybe he will believe me now. Thanks again!

• Haha
Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval