Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Always carry a padded bucket for the H

Reaction score
First Problems yesterday with the H.
After about 15 mins flying nicely, thought I'd bring it down. At approximately 20mt up I flicked the LG down........nothing. Up, down....nothing.
Down to 5mt ..... Still staying up. (Not really panicking at this stage, just looking around for a bucket with a padded rim to land the H in to protect the camera!)
As I'm in the middle of a very large sporting complex, and I stupidly forgot my bucket, we have a problem. Fortunately, I discovered a brand new best friend in the middle of the park who was flying his F35 & F18 jet planes. He casually said, "Just bring it down to just above my head" and with no LG down he grabbed it by two rotor arms from underneath! Of course, as soon as it got down....it worked again.
Just for the record, my iPhone was off, the other guy's RC equipment was off, nobody anywhere near us with other equipment..
Any thoughts?

That's not a bad idea. A real PITA, but still, not a bad idea.

Very odd. If it never happens again, it was just a glitch with the ST16 not sending the command or the "H" not receiving the command. If it does happen again then there is an issue with your "H" or ST16.

Remove props, power on the "H" and ST16, place H on its back and cycle the landing gear several times. just to be certain it works.

After about 15 mins flying nicely, thought I'd bring it down. At approximately 20mt up I flicked the LG down........nothing. Up, down....nothing.
Down to 5mt ..... Still staying up. (Not really panicking at this stage, just looking around for a bucket with a padded rim to land the H in to protect the camera!)
As I'm in the middle of a very large sporting complex, and I stupidly forgot my bucket, we have a problem. Fortunately, I discovered a brand new best friend in the middle of the park who was flying his F35 & F18 jet planes. He casually said, "Just bring it down to just above my head" and with no LG down he grabbed it by two rotor arms from underneath! Of course, as soon as it got down....it worked again.
Just for the record, my iPhone was off, the other guy's RC equipment was off, nobody anywhere near us with other equipment..
Any thoughts?
She was being shy Chris and didn't want to open her legs!, on the first date( Oops! Meant landing gear!) Seriously that is weird, I had that happen on by first flight, but has(Knock on wood) never happened in 20 flights since! Great you had a good helping M8 around!

It would have really s*^ked if you HAD the bucket and then as soon as the landing gear touched the rim they decided to begin working (like how it did when your new friend touched them) and then dump your H onto the ground.

if the landing gear ( skids ) will not come down that may hurt the camera and break a few props , will the emergency shut down work the way it dose on the Q ( while landing and touch down go to RTH and that kills the motors fast ) . i don't have an H and just asking if it will work .
fly safe

Hmmm not good Chris. Hope ya find the cause. Which brings me to ask..... If the bird returns due to either RTH or low battery warning.... will the landing gear drop without the controllers command via the st16? I am thinking if a situation occurs where the battery low warning take over the bird to return home but does not quite make it home and lands on its own, do the legs come down or will it land without them?

Last edited:
Yes the landing gear goes down for RTH.

As was with the camera button issue, it may be as simple as making adjustments in the channel settings.

Any thoughts?
There was a video out, youtube or somewhere can't remember, of a guy showing how to flip it upside down and do it to get his and others to work, or claibrate, Just can't remember !

Reactions: m5zealot
Reminds me of the video of the harrier jump jet with the failed nose gear landing on a stand. Not sure I want to go walking places with a bucket though, I get enough strange looks!

does the ST16 record anything other than telemetry data? Does it record any alarms/events/errors the H or the ST16 encounters? Something that we could forward to Yuneec to troubleshoot? It would be interesting if there was a debug mode that would record such data.

OK...I'm only familiar with the location of the telemetry files...what directories contain the other logs? Would these logs have data relating to the gear not going down, or the "toilet bowl" effect some have reported, the fail to land issue someone reported or the sudden power losses?

OK...I'm only familiar with the location of the telemetry files...what directories contain the other logs? Would these logs have data relating to the gear not going down, or the "toilet bowl" effect some have reported, the fail to land issue someone reported or the sudden power losses?
I can't direct you personally, as I have not tried, but They would most likely be in a separate folder name

Any thoughts?
Could be just a glitch. Also could have been interference from something. Powerline or something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal