Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Always carry a padded bucket for the H

I know people who only land there drone with the two hand catch method because it reduces the amount of stress on all the parts when you bump the ground. Not my way of doing things but just saying dont stress. As long as you have control you can always get it down if need be. Without a bucket LOL Hope you get it figured out. I know how much it sucks to spend this kind of money on something and have it mess up.

I had the same issue happen to me yesterday. Everything was normal with the flight, other than it being the 13th flight since I've had the Typhoon H (TH), and when I was preparing to land neither landing gear came down when the landing gear switch was moved to the down position. I hovered in place about 5 feet above the ground and captured it around the retracted gear legs and motor arms and throttled to idle. Of course at that point the gear began deploying so I had to quick reposition my hands to keep from dropping it.

I tried troubleshooting by placing the TH upside down and cycling the gear. Each time it worked without a problem. I also flipped it right side up after the gear had been retracted and it deployed as commanded. I checked the switch indication on the ST16 and it indicates properly for the position the switch is in. I also looked at the Remote Flight Log (Ch10) and it gives an indication that the landing gear switch on the remote was activated. Don't know if there is a way to check if the signal was received on board the TH. I also seem to recall that during the flight that possibly right after the gear had been retracted I saw a flash or two of orange from the rear indicator light on the TH and don't ever recall seeing that before in flight.

I think if this happens again, I will first try a max descent rate with a quick reverse to max climb rate in an effort to g-force bump the gear down. A new procedure to add to the emergency check list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33