Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone tried this idea when flying?

Reaction score
Been reading a lot of posts re battery life and flying time. I thought it would be a good idea for some sort of timer that reminds you (with announcements) at various intervals of how long you've been airborne. I know you can look at the screen for voltages etc, but sometimes a backup system is handy. There seems to be lots of standalone devices out there, but has anyone come across one (app) for smartphone.... I need iOS but both would be helpful for all members. I don't mind paying, if it works the way we need it to.

It will help somewhat, but what about environmental conditions, i.e wind, heights etc that can resist the motor drag? in wind maybe a 15 minute flight, without wind a 18 minute flight. Unless the app/device can sense those differences, it would be best to monitor the voltage manually till something is added that can?:(:(;)

i use a small kitchen timer , set it for 18 minutes then i bring it in and watch the ST-10 for low voltage , you can put it in your pocket or let your spotter hold it , the timer is loud enough to hear at a distance ..KITCHEN TIMER.jpg

Wow. Really? Why not just look at the screen from time to time and watch the voltage?
i watch my Q like a hawk , from time to time i will look at my ST-10 or if i get a warning vibration , i only fly line of sight and stay within the rules ( 4oo max ) . voltage readings can change real fast , know your batteries , some will last one or two minutes longer , some batteries will not . on this forum and other forums people say my new battery just drained .
fly safe

Hey snerdy, read my original post again, I qualified it with... "I know you can look at the screen for voltages" this is in addition....
We're all trying to help each other out here with thoughts and ideas....
This is supposed to be a friendly site, please don't be so sarcastic.

Reactions: DroneClone
The ST16 "pad" has a countdown timer also. Just tried it and it chirps loudly after running down from whatever time is set. However, it also takes over the screen until dismissed so this may not be a good option. (I only tested it without the H being connected so that may make a difference.)

The ST16 "pad" has a countdown timer also. Just tried it and it chirps loudly after running down from whatever time is set. However, it also takes over the screen until dismissed so this may not be a good option. (I only tested it without the H being connected so that may make a difference.)

The experiences of others may vary but I strongly advise against accessing the "pad" while the H is in flight. I did access the pad while in flight and command-control was instantly terminated, putting the H in "Lost Comm" mode. It flew back to a safe distance from the transmitter and hovered until I exited the pad for the control screen.

Reactions: DroneClone
Chris,
I use my smart watch.
" Ok Google, set timer 15 minutes"
When it vibrates I pay real close attention to my battery.
I set it soon as I start the motors.
That is not a bad idea at all, surprised it hasn't occurred to me. Nice one

Hey snerdy, read my original post again, I qualified it with... "I know you can look at the screen for voltages" this is in addition....
We're all trying to help each other out here with thoughts and ideas....
This is supposed to be a friendly site, please don't be so sarcastic.
Hey, Chrissy. Sure didn't mean it to be sarcastic. Please don't be so thinned-skinned.

I'm back to setting a timer on my watch or phone for 15 minutes. Its a good reminder when you are flying so that you know you have between 3 and 6 minutes flying time remaining and not to head off to do anything involved or complex.

I use my iWatch. Works really well.

Just saw a youtube video on the ST24 controller which basically the same controller just with a couple more features and two more rotary knobs, and that has a timer built in via the software so it may be possible it could be a feature in a firmware update for this the ST16 model in the future.

Reactions: Chris McMillan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval