Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

App Installation on ST-16

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Folks,

I'm not an Android person. Realistically I'm as dumb as a rock where adding apps and programs to an Android device is concerned. Looking though some of the Google provided information in the ST-16 tablet it states Google Play is not supported by the device. I've read a few posts that suggest installation of Google Play for App acquisition but that doesn't seem possible.

I have a Google account but never, ever use it. I would love to try out Eric's CCC App and review telemetry using the Google map functions but as mentioned earlier, I'm as dumb as a rock with Android. Any help some of you may offer to enlighten will be most appreciated.

PatR

When you download Eric's app there is a file with instructions on installation.

Edit. My bad I was thinking of Tunas app

Last edited:
Folks,

I'm not an Android person. Realistically I'm as dumb as a rock where adding apps and programs to an Android device is concerned. Looking though some of the Google provided information in the ST-16 tablet it states Google Play is not supported by the device. I've read a few posts that suggest installation of Google Play for App acquisition but that doesn't seem possible.

I have a Google account but never, ever use it. I would love to try out Eric's CCC App and review telemetry using the Google map functions but as mentioned earlier, I'm as dumb as a rock with Android. Any help some of you may offer to enlighten will be most appreciated.
Eric's app does not need the Playstore account, all you need is the ST16 beside your computer and the USB cable.
It would be possible I suppose to use the web browser on the ST16 to make a file, but I've not tried because the alternative using the full size display on a computer is easier.

All you need to do is go to his website on your computer, and create your CCC route there.
When you are finished building the route, there is an option to download the route to your computer.
When you click download, the route is created on Eric's server as a file exactly the same as if if were created on your ST16 and it's then downloaded and saved to your downloads folder (or wherever your downloads go).

You then plug in the ST16 to you computer, and copy or cut as you like, that CCC file from your downloads folder over onto the ST16.
The exact folder to copy it to is mentioned on his site... (The ST16 will be showing itself the same way an external hard drive would).
That's it, when you go out to fly the new CCC file will be there in the "list" section of the CCC screen.

Reactions: Graham
I usually fly the H, create a CCC on site (this helps to set camera angles) then amend the route in Eric's app.
To check the route I've created, I download the file, close Eric's app then open it again and load the route.
I also open the file and look through the settings to check for errors.
Others may not find this necessary!:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop