Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Attempted update

Reaction score
I just tried to update my Typhoon H...I used wifi.

All the lights are now out. I will not turn off unless I pull the battery.
It is non-functioning and I have a shoot coming up soon....HELP!

Any ideas folks?

I attempted to update it as I could not use any of the intelligent functions. Watch Me/Follow Me worked. But Orbit, CCC, Journey, POI, none of them were working.

That's exactly what's happening to me. Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't have a PC, I have a Mac, not sure this will be compatible. But will try in my in-laws computer. However, does it matter that this is coming from the UK? Will it still work for someone in the U.S. Or is there a US firmware update I can use?

Last edited:
Only difference in US and European firmware is the output power of the transmitters.
Also you have to make sure "advanced" is turned on in the ST-16 setup.

Are you saying I can download the U.K. firmware update on my Typhoon H and it will work? My advanced is turned on and I found a PC I can use to manage the PC GUI.

I would recommend against uploading UK firmware to a U.S. system. People have tried doing U.S. updates to European systems and bricked their machines when not done correctly. I would also suggest not using the OTA method for performing an update, use the SD card file transfer process instead. If you are in the UK I'm not sure you can connect to the U.S. firmware page but just in case the URL is
Shopping

I would recommend against uploading UK firmware to a U.S. system. People have tried doing U.S. updates to European systems and bricked their machines when not done correctly. I would also suggest not using the OTA method for performing an update, use the SD card file transfer process instead. If you are in the UK I'm not sure you can connect to the U.S. firmware page but just in case the URL is
Shopping
A further note: If you are in the U.K. then using the U.S. firmware is illegal. However, for a recreational flyer, it is unlikely that you will be caught unless your system falls into the hands of the authorities after some serious issue. For PfCO holders, on the other hand, although you would still unlikely to be found out, if you are caught the consequences would be far harsher...not worth the risk.

My problem is the flight controller 1.28 is not available on the US website. My machine is already bricked.....only the power light comes on. I've sent my unit to Terrestrial Imaging, they have obtained the Flash firmware to reset my drone. Never knew this was possible until now. All from attempting to update my drone. Didn't want to chance using UK firmware.....Terrestrial Imaging are awesome. They're gonna flash my drone, re-install the latest firmware and test fly it to ensure everything is working and get it back on the road to me in a day. That is awesome service. Just a note, they're competitor, Vertigo Drones are the ones who referred me to Terrestrial Imaging. We have great people in the Yuneec community!

It's great to know there are outfits that care. Terrestrial and Carolina are my two primary locations when looking for COTS products. Because they care.

In fact, Vertigo Drones, where I purchased my Typhoon H package, actually referred me to Terrestrial Imaging, and they're competitors. We have some great companies in the Yuneec hemisphere.

My Typhoon H was received by Terrestrial Imaging Monday and was shipped Wednesday all repaired and running well. They test them all before sending them back. If you're drone goes down, Terrestrial Imaging understands your need for a quick turn-around and expedites repairs and shipping. Two thumbs up for Terrestrial Imaging!

Reactions: rdonson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy