Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Automated Grid flight UAV toolbox

Hi PatR,
Thanks for that information now I will private message Dario, and hopefully not annoy him,fingers crossed. Yes Pat I have started to use the cruise control the last month and a half and is starting to work well. I have done more testing on the relocation of GPS and I am very happy with it to date and still working on it for some improvements . I find that if you could reposition the barometer also away from the heat ,would give towards more stable flights without the variances of up and down. Barometers work on air pressure and we all know that hot air is less dense and less moisture there for giving you a different reading. When I flew hang gliders in competitions your vario ( barometer) was important for picking up thermals and they were important to give you extra lift to go further distances. I feel that being in the area near the main board gives you excessive heat and there fore movement on temperature changes. But I think that it is incorporated in the flight controler module. That is why if we have the MODULE from Dario ,he says has the .025 mtr accuracy in the 3D sphere ,that would solve that movement up and down with temperatures change and also shaded areas on the roof or building. But I will keep trying for it and my final report on the relocation of the GPS and some photos. Everything is looking very good at the moment.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Hi PatR,
Thanks for that information now I will private message Dario, and hopefully not annoy him,fingers crossed. Yes Pat I have started to use the cruise control the last month and a half and is starting to work well. I have done more testing on the relocation of GPS and I am very happy with it to date and still working on it for some improvements . I find that if you could reposition the barometer also away from the heat ,would give towards more stable flights without the variances of up and down. Barometers work on air pressure and we all know that hot air is less dense and less moisture there for giving you a different reading. When I flew hang gliders in competitions your vario ( barometer) was important for picking up thermals and they were important to give you extra lift to go further distances. I feel that being in the area near the main board gives you excessive heat and there fore movement on temperature changes. But I think that it is incorporated in the flight controler module. That is why if we have the MODULE from Dario ,he says has the .025 mtr accuracy in the 3D sphere ,that would solve that movement up and down with temperatures change and also shaded areas on the roof or building. But I will keep trying for it and my final report on the relocation of the GPS and some photos. Everything is looking very good at the moment.
Johnno Hennessy.

John,

Thanks for your responses thats very detailed explanation of what your doing. Looking forward to more of your posts!

Thanks Ralph,
I am slowly getting the hang of the modern age and technology, I look forward to being able to contribute to the progress of our choosen hobby and or income producing asset in the H and not have it sent into the obsolete electronic components pile. Johnno Hennessy.

I was never able to get the grid planner to work on Flight Plan H, it never created the file. I emailed the developer and never received an answer. At least Tuna replies to us
My excact experience....
Very confusing interface, with 2 "upload" (one "save" and one "upload" button), but NO download.
An automated grid will not save (Green button for save (to the cloud)), if I press "Create grid" (the hover shows create orbit) I can save, but it doesn´t create a grid........I think this is rubbish, the idea is super, the program is buggy and un-intuative and downright WRONG in labels.

I worked for HOURS trying to make a simple grid and saving it via my login to google....I NEVER achived a connection between my PC generated projects and the CCC on the ST-16.

I want to give up on this software, but if ANYONE ( e.g. like a programmer or somone attached to the project) can make a REAL tutorial to make it work, i´d be happy to support it....also financially.

It´s NOT well done and the programmer should start rethinking the interface and functions, with the user in mind....and CHECK if it actually WORKS or fix it.
A simple thing like the buttons on the far Left (File, print and properties icons), is totally inactive, and is not possible to press.

No, but almost.

Allez, not yet anyway.

Both programmers produced excellent tools for using the CCC posibilities that are in the H.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech