Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Automated Grid flight UAV toolbox

I'm just about to post an update on what's happening. I am very aware of funding, but I'm wary of 'rattling a tin' to get donations from keen users - this has either got to be a viable business, or it's not a sensible use of my time. Once the next release is out, I'll be making a few decisions on that.

Many of us would like to contribute given your possibly the only person who actually cares for advancing this concept and the concerns of the users.

What i was expecting with the typhoon and realsense is actually very realistic in my opinion. I envisioned a person assigning it a route for mapping via .ccc but if it encountered an obstacle like an antenna on a rooftop, a tree, a light pole, a wall or fence it can easily go around tha obstacle without varying its height and renter its set .ccc once it clears the object.

This is very useful for construction sites of large scale mappings where greater detail is attained by flying closer to the surface vs flying way up above the highest obstacle elevation on site. Think of it like the Roomba vacumming your house, once it detects a obstacle its intellegent enough to continue its job without a problem. Then again the Roomba might have more advanced software than the typhoon...joke....

Here is some info on how this toy we have is reshaping the construction industry Webinar: Easy Drone Workflows for Construction

Last edited:
Reactions: photomike72
Tuna you sound like your starting to get alittle frustrated , I have no idea what kind of work it is to create a program like this ,I do know just trying to create my flight plans then trying to run them through different programs that I feel like throwing my equipment out on the STREET at times.
I am far from a wealthy person ,but you only charging $10 just doesn't seem like much , so keep up the good work and let us know what it's going to cost us. THANK'S

Check out these guys....30 plus minute flights, waypoint navigation with collision avoidance.

Kespry Automated Drone System | Kespry

And if you need to ask the price, you can't afford the price. :)

Companies like that are very much at risk as the H920+ and H520 offer exceptionally sound platforms for industrial use, with the benefit of 'large scale' support rather than 'bespoke' production.

Of course the difference is in the quality of the tooling around the products - and the long term plan with UAV Toolbox has always been to make the Yuneec platform competitive with high end systems.

Reactions: Ralphy and Brent D
Tuna it might be to early to ask ,but I like the sounds and looks of the H520 ,I think this machine will be added to my fleet when it's out. Are we going to be able to use UAVTOOLBOX with it or is it going to be a totally different animal .

And if you need to ask the price, you can't afford the price. :)

Companies like that are very much at risk as the H920+ and H520 offer exceptionally sound platforms for industrial use, with the benefit of 'large scale' support rather than 'bespoke' production.

Of course the difference is in the quality of the tooling around the products - and the long term plan with UAV Toolbox has always been to make the Yuneec platform competitive with high end systems.

Tuna is right 25k thats 23.5k more than our typhoon H with the cost of the app included.

Kespry.JPG

I should put my prices up :D By about 22K :D :D

Im serious with battery platforms that can get us near 30 min flights the stability of the H in high winds and a good automated flight software on your end this can become a very good model to use.

Check out this software i got my hands on today from Autodesk. Its called recap pro and we can take all the data gathered with the H over an object and get a point cloud file output.

I was a beta tester for Autodesk for 6 years for the animation software , I should see if I can do the same for this one

Reactions: Ralphy
I was a beta tester for Autodesk for 6 years for the animation software , I should see if I can do the same for this one

Go for it, let him know about Tunas automated flight app and its potential to generate the imagery needed for the Recap Pro.

Ive taught Autocad and Revit for some time and ive had some exposure to Navisworks. It seems Recap is the solution to the missing link between traditional on site conditions and digital input into the design software.

Hook it up with the beta tester Autodesk contact info ☺

Im serious with battery platforms that can get us near 30 min flights the stability of the H in high winds and a good automated flight software on your end this can become a very good model to use.

Check out this software i got my hands on today from Autodesk. Its called recap pro and we can take all the data gathered with the H over an object and get a point cloud file output.

It sounds like the H520 will do a lot of what you want - and it's a lot less that 23K :)

I've been experimenting with Open Drone Map, which gives quite good results with a single flyover. I need to try out multi level passes and a few other tweaks to see how much I can wring out of it.

This a test model from last week. I want to revisit it, but the weather here has kept me hiding indoors

Yuneec Typhoon Scene Reconstruction by tunauav - 3D model

It sounds like the H520 will do a lot of what you want - and it's a lot less that 23K :)

I've been experimenting with Open Drone Map, which gives quite good results with a single flyover. I need to try out multi level passes and a few other tweaks to see how much I can wring out of it.

This a test model from last week. I want to revisit it, but the weather here has kept me hiding indoors

Yuneec Typhoon Scene Reconstruction by tunauav - 3D model

That looks really good Tuna, i tried getting started but I couldn't even figure out how to install open drone map or the programs required to run it on windows. I think it requires some one who knows more technical aspects of computer software installation.

I'm *considering* offering a hosted solution, but it's not trivial to set up.

Tuna,

If you aren't obtaining the compensation from your app to justify the time spent with it, raise the price. You're doing good work but there's little sense in working for free. Yes, some will complain, probably me as well, but if they want the functionality they will simply have to pay for it. Hobby and business are two different things. Once the jump to business is made you either make money with it or shut it down.

Reactions: Ralphy
I've recently looked at and tried some apps that can automate flight and have found nothing that suits me through ease of use better than UAV Toolbox.
My vote goes to Tuna for his efforts and, moreover, his customer service.
I won't go into all the boring details but due to an issue with a firmware update and the re-installation of UAV Toolbx I contacted Tuna and that same day was given a resolution. That doesn't happen too often.
I have been given access to the latest beta with some very useful additions and am currently playing with it. If only the weather would cooperate!!
I have made a small contribution to continue to use the app. because I think it is worth it and fulfills my needs.
The only addition, at this time, that would assist me with my fledgling, no pun intended, business is the ability to create automated grids for mapping, crop inspections and even, for instance, searching for missing people.
I'll make the commitment here and now that I am prepared to stay with UAV Toolbox and contribute more for an app that COMPLETELY fulfills my needs. NOT too much of course!
I guess we could, if we put our minds to it, create our own Crowd Funding so that Tuna can give us what we need and want. Anyone want to take on this onerous task?
Well done Tuna - keep up the brilliant work.

Further to my last post.
After updating my firmware to the latest version the 920 model has been added to the controller. This model has the ability to create mapping grids.
Couple of questions arise from this. Firstly - can the 920 model be used with the H480? Secondly, with it's ability to create mapping grids could this used to develop the same for the H?

There has been talk that the H can fly with a 920 model however no one has proven it, or at least I haven't seen it. As far as crowdfunding, sounds like a good idea you can count me In.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1