Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Automated Grid flight UAV toolbox

Yes for a long flight I think that would be a good idea, new with the program and trying out different things,think I could have ran the whole flight but started off way to slow took a couple hundred more pics than needed LOL , other than the starting and stopping issues think the UAVtoolbox will be a nice program , as soon as we can set flights up on PC then send over to ST16

Another option is to create 2 ccc. One for 1st battery then the second for 2nd battery

That's the most reasonable solution given you may have conditions like wind that can reduce performance. Keep your missions short so you get a feel for battery life expectancy .

Until Yuna comes up with a grid for UAV Tool Box, I will be using Flight Planner. It works fine for me but it would be nice to have it in the ST16 as an App.

It actually runs on my galaxy s2 tablet with chrome browser. im sure it will run on the st16 if you install the google chrome.apk. It even exports the .ccc file to the downloads folder. It will just require moving the .ccc file to the correct folder within the st16

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I find the field I want to fly , set the hone point, click the grid Icon and it lays out a grid with arrows at each end , I move the corners to fit the field and click create. The grid disappears and I have a red line with an arrow at each end

Reactions: mwfoshee
Just tried it again and when I click the grid it has a number of waypoint. When I click greater grid they all disappear except way point 1 and it lists waypoint 1 on the left side of the screen

Reactions: mwfoshee
Hello does anyone know if we can change the battery part way through are flight path and then start off were we needed to stop.
I ran a 24 way point flight path ,trial and error ,started off way to slow and around way point 17 got a low battery warning, landed reloaded and started over again, raced through the first 16 way points then slowed down and started camera and finished the shoot ,UAV Toolbox worked fine I think it was just me not knowing what i'm doing

It is a problem if you have a route planned that is too long for a single battery. At the moment I don't think there's an easy way to resume a mission half way through. However, it should be possible to create an option in UAV Toolbox to create a cable cam mission that finishes off a partly completed flight. It's on my list of things to do :)

Just tried it again and when I click the grid it has a number of waypoint. When I click greater grid they all disappear except way point 1 and it lists waypoint 1 on the left side of the screen

Ok something is off there try different browsers

Also regarding the less waypoints on grid the higher you go: Keep in mind that assuming that your surveying the ground. If your surveying a roof on top of a 300' tower you need to calculate the proper way points spacing.

Thanx for all the help guys. I tried it on my tablet and it worked. I try and fly it later today

Do you guys know if I were to add the real sense module to my typhoon H if it will prevent a collision while executing a .CCC path?

I'm not sure if both features work together or if one overides the other.

Their reasoning was that you have RS working when you fly to set the waypoint so when you fly the mission you should already know what is in your way

Reactions: Ralphy
It is a problem if you have a route planned that is too long for a single battery. At the moment I don't think there's an easy way to resume a mission half way through. However, it should be possible to create an option in UAV Toolbox to create a cable cam mission that finishes off a partly completed flight. It's on my list of things to do :)
Tuna I look forward to these updates in the future.
Maybe some of us can help donate a little to help fund these updates?

Reactions: Kris Bates
It does not work with CCC as I was told by Support

It makes sense.. what should it do if the route you've programmed in is blocked? Should it rejoin it as quickly as possible, aim for the next waypoint, keep on and hope it crosses the path, stop and wait? It would be truly in the realms of autonomous flight, and just saying "follow this route, don't hit anything" doesn't really do enough to describe the behaviour the user wants, or how the drone should deal with unexpected circumstances.

Realsense makes a lot of sense when you're asking for simple 'follow me' behaviour - it's there to stop you walking it into a tree, and implicitly you're only a few yards away from it to see what it gets up to. But when you combine the ability to design a route that might be miles away from the operator, it becomes something completely different. Imagine the calls to support, "Hi, I sent my Typhoon out to the shops, it hasn't returned yet. Do you know where it is?"

Reactions: photomike72
Tuna I look forward to these updates in the future.
Maybe some of us can help donate a little to help fund these updates?

I'm just about to post an update on what's happening. I am very aware of funding, but I'm wary of 'rattling a tin' to get donations from keen users - this has either got to be a viable business, or it's not a sensible use of my time. Once the next release is out, I'll be making a few decisions on that.

Reactions: THoff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430