Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery News

Reaction score
MaximalPower 8050mAh...anyone try these yet ?
Advertises 30 minute flight times...I'd be happy with anything over a true 20 minutes.

Was temped to order the Venom 6700mAh, then found these.

Reactions: Freebird1
Hmmm... I just had 3 of the Tattu (whatever) go down on the same day. I think they got cold in my car in my garage on out first below freezing night. Venom has failed quicker also on my other quads so I never purchased their 480 batteries. The OEM Yuneec still seem to last longer over time. They do loose some airtime but they don’t seem to suddenly drop cells. Nothing’s worse then a fully charged battery showing low voltage on first throttle.

The originals get shorter each time I fly it seems....the fat ones do best.
I made the mistake of leaving everything in car one night to be ready to fly next morning...same as you they got too cool, I took off, got altitude, and had to return and land.

It may just be me and how I fly but I haven't seen much difference between flight times over the 3 battery brands I've purchased when I factor in age, recharges, etc.

I don't put much stock in the claimed mAH capacities since no one divulges how they measure that.

I still think the Ultrax are a good buy.

Looks like someone may have messed up on their website.
The price is half what they are asking for the same battery in a different area of the battery selections.

Quite certain it being an advertorial.
The HyperPower Gifi's have been brought up before (use searchfunction, magnifyng glass upper ricght corner of page).
Genstattu ( in USA, not over here in Europe while MUCH more expensive here for no reason at all) still just as good.

No miracles to be expected.

o_O

I've been very disappointed in the stock batteries, looking for any advancements in flight time.
I paid $100 each for extra stock batteries when I bought it new 2 years ago...I feel so abused.
Ultrax seems to have the best price at $50 for 6300mAh
Venom at $110 for 6700mAh ( I was set to buy two of these this morning)
Even at 15 minutes, I'm flying paranoid the whole time.

Quite certain it being an advertorial.
The HyperPower Gifi's have been brought up before (use searchfunction, magnifyng glass upper ricght corner of page).
Genstattu ( in USA, not over here in Europe while MUCH more expensive here for no reason at all) still just as good.

No miracles to be expected.

o_O
Too bad....its not...sharing information as found.

Sorry, but this battery thing is a bit over the top for me. It seems a lot of people can't be satisfied with any amount of flight time they can obtain from a battery and are on a life long quest for the "magical" 2 hour flight time battery. Whether the stock Yuneec battery is a 5400mA or 6300mA really doesn't matter. We might presume it's 6300mA as the flight time it provides pretty much equates across the board with what all the other 6300mA batteries provide in flight time. Sure, there are minor difference of a couple minutes either way on an average but the conditions and the way those batteries were flown established the flight time they delivered. I sort of look at it like the gas tank in my car. I hasn't mattered a twit which brand of gas I've used, that tank provides ~400 miles of range, with some variation dependent on how I was driving, regardless of the brand or grade used.

So we have the Yuneec batteries that deliver "X" flight time, with that amount of time a variable impacted by weather conditions and how aggressive the operator flew their H. We have the Tattu batteries that deliver almost exactly the same flight, and re-charge times and mA inputs for virtually the same about of flight time for ~$70.00 to $80.00 less than the Yuneec batteries. Both the Tattu/UltraX and Yuneec batteries for the most part hold up for a long time if they are treated as they should be treated. All of mine are now over a year old and the only ones that have gone bad were all over discharged. We see the Venom batteries listed as having 400mA more capacity than the Tattu.Ultrax but at $60.00 higher price per battery. Then we have the exalted 8000mA GiFi battery that some have tried, and found not to their liking. Graphene batteries have worked for a few more minutes of flight but some have reported relatively short battery life spans. How much is a couple extra minutes of flight time worth to you?

There's no reason to be tense while flying because of battery state. It's too easy to periodically look at the battery level while flying. It doesn't take all that many flights to determine what your average flight time will be, and there's no reason to fly to the other end of the earth during the period of time you are learning how much flight time you might expect. Those that use a little bit of intelligence invest in better chargers and monitor battery conditions, noting voltages before and after charging and recording mA inputs for each battery. Other buy better charges and log their flight time, along with end of flight battery voltages and track all of that and compare mA input for longer flights in order to establish the lowest safe voltage they can fly to. They understand that lithium batteries should not be flown down to more than 70% capacity, with capacity being the charge state in mA. A 6300mA battery should not be drawn down more than ~4410ma, and at that level the battery will be at a specific voltage. This is where the Yuneec battery is a bit of a quandary because it states it's a 5400 mA battery, but if you treat it like a 6300mA battery it still keeps on ticking like it's a 6300mA battery. A 5400mA battery would have died an early death if treated like a 6300mA battery. Those that fly like a bat out of **** learn that doing so causes the battery to generate low voltage warnings fairly soon because the load on the battery can exceed the burst discharge ability and cause voltage to temporarily drop below the warning level. Reducing the electrical load permits the voltage to creep up again after a few moments, but that doesn't mean flight time just got extended. All the current used in that wild flying is gone and it's not coming back after you relax thumb pressure. None of this stuff is rocket science.

My first Pro level camera rig was a Cinestar 1000mm 8 with a FreeFly Radian Gimbal fitted with Canon and Nikon cameras, and could carry a Red. It required a pair of 6s batteries, generally of 7,000mA to 12,000mA capacities. On a good day with the lighter Canon or Nikon and 14,000mA of batteries it could fly for 7 minutes. If the wind was blowing pretty good that reduced. The rule was to always be on the ground, or on the way to the ground by the 5 minute mark. With heavier cameras and the 20,000mA of battery capacity the flight time was pretty much the same. We got used to it and planned our flights around that flight time. People would have just about killed for 10 minutes of flight time back then. Since then flight times have gotten better because of more efficient components and lower aircraft/camera weights. There have not been any earth shattering breakthroughs in battery technology, and energy density has not improved all that much in the chemistries available to us. Battery prices have gotten a lot better though.

I guess is to simply accept what is. Plan the flight, fly the plan. if you need 1/2 and hour of flight time you're either flying much too far away or flitting about trying to figure out what to do. Buy a few extra batteries. You really didn't go into this stuff because it was cheap, right?

Last edited:
Too bad....its not...sharing information as found.

Using the search function you'd have found other posts about batteries (also GIFI) and the hunt for bigger (looking) marks.
Which in practice do not necessarily result in much more flying time btw.

But if you only fly fast and for fun maybe 2 minutes extra are worth the money, I would not know. I fly 85% of my flight time snail-type and have my flights 'planned' to be back home before any battery troubles appear.
I just bring enough (charged) batteries.

I had the 7000(?) Gifi and it went Mr. Puffy in just a few months. I like the Tattu batteries so far; price is very good considering. Two stock batteries got ruined when rain water accumulated in the backpack. Apparently nobody stopped to think maybe ZERO clearance between the battery connectors and the bottom of the battery holder may not be such a good idea. It didn't rain much to create puddles and short them out. Now there are drain holes.

Could always buy the $200 H520 batteries if you have the charger for them.

Overall the stock/Tattu have performed well.

For my DIY (RIP at the bottom of Houghton Lake) I loved the Turnigy Graphene 6600 4s 15c. They stayed hard and never showed any signs of degradation after 1 year- charged @ 2-3C all the time. Had several hundred flights on that baby. One thing I noticed was you could discharge it to 3.5v no problem but once it hit that 3.5v, the cells would drop rapidly so you had to bring it down. It would hold at 3.7v+ for long periods before dropping that last .2v.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval