Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Pin Out - Possible to measure IR?

Reaction score
Trying to find out the battery pinout to see if I can measure the internal resistance of the battery. Have a pack that is swelling to the point that it has to be forced into the H+. While the DY5 charger shows all the cells fine and I have not seen a performance issue in Flight, I probably won't use the battery anymore but I just want to measure and see if I do have a bad cell.

Trying to find out the battery pinout to see if I can measure the internal resistance of the battery. Have a pack that is swelling to the point that it has to be forced into the H+. While the DY5 charger shows all the cells fine and I have not seen a performance issue in Flight, I probably won't use the battery anymore but I just want to measure and see if I do have a bad cell.
Your instincts are correct. DO NOT USE A SWOLLEN BATTERY. Often accompanying battery case swell is an escape of highly flammable gases from the compromised cell(s)

if your battery is swelling that baddo yourself a favor and get rid of that battery as soon as possible those batteries are known to blow .

Great thread! I too want to know. My cells are okay, but I don’t know if there are deviations. (Major cell deviations when a cell differs more than 0.07v) I have been good to my batteries, I pay attention to my bats more than the drone itself.. lol

Dispose of that battery, Jack. Before it will cause your problems down the road.

Great thread! I too want to know. My cells are okay, but I don’t know if there are deviations. (Major cell deviations when a cell differs more than 0.07v) I have been good to my batteries, I pay attention to my bats more than the drone itself.. lol

Dispose of that battery, Jack. Before it will cause your problems down the road.
very good please give it a dead battery because you never know when they might explode guys y'all have a good night I'm leaving you now .

I just bought this:

Plug it onto the pack and then to your charger, assuming it can read cell IR.

If you buy the TH battery plug that @Phaedrus mentions and use it with the battery meter linked below, you can keep good track of your batteries health.

I use a smart charger to charge my packs. I monitor the IR using it. That little meter is the next generation of that type of meter. Nice upgrade. I have an earlier model that just shows voltage.

BTW, you might already be aware of the following so if so, disregard: the battery image shows one for a Typhoon H or Pro... but not an H Plus - H Plus has different pin arrangement that allows H battery to be used in a Plus but not the other way around. Not problematic though relative to your question.

I use a smart charger to charge my packs. I monitor the IR using it. That little meter is the next generation of that type of meter. Nice upgrade. I have an earlier model that just shows voltage.

Bro. I need help on this. I want to know the exactly life capacity of my batteries. Last season, I have been flying almost daily.

December to February, I have been flying of and on for work on the off season, and stored the batteries accordingly. 50% charge, checkup every 3wks, and stored the batteries at room temp. my office is always at 72°F (I think, ideally at 80°F

My question for the Yuneec batteries, who do I know the life capacity of my batteries?

Thanks in advance.

I have read the number of battery cycles has a greater impact on battery life than the length of storage. So you could expect a shorter life from a battery that has 500 cycles compared to one with 100 cycles.

Same way you do any other lipo. I track my charge data. Also flight times. I consider a pack EOL when it. When I am only getting around 80% of my flight times or I see IR climb into double digits, then I start considering retiring the packs. And of course, if they puff, they are toast in my book.

I have read the number of battery cycles has a greater impact on battery life than the length of storage. So you could expect a shorter life from a battery that has 500 cycles compared to one with 100 cycles.

I have a lot off light time. Hypothetically, let’s say I have 80 cycles. How do I figure out my battery life?

I have an app to maintain my batteries. I know this is a lazy approach, now I’m trying to figure out the health of my Yuneec batteries.

I have a lot off light time. Hypothetically, let’s say I have 80 cycles. How do I figure out my battery life?
I have an app to maintain my batteries. I know this is a lazy approach, now I’m trying to figure out the health of my Yuneec batteries.
The best indication of battery condition is just as @Phaedrus posted above. There is no way to predict battery life that I am aware off.

So, what exactly is causing these batteries to swell? I know it is gas, but it seems so random. Some swell, some do not. Is it a manufacturing issue or a misuse issue?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital