Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Be Careful, ST16 switches break easily

Reaction score
So one of our famous, out of nowhere afternoon thunderstorms comes rolling in the other day. I had to land quick and in a rush I set the H and ST16 on the back seat of my truck. Normally I pack them up in the crate after each flight, just didn't have time as it was now raining hard.

On my way home, of course someone stops short in front of me in the rain and the ST16 went forward and fell about a foot onto the carpeted floorboard. I didn't think much of it until I got home and all three switches on the front were broken off, or badly bent and snapped right off when I touched them. I know this is my fault but I know I have done much worse to every other radio I've ever owned and not done this type of damage. So now I get to send the radio back and no flying for at least a month. Unless anyone has any suggestions on how I might "patch" these switches up.

Attachments

• switches.JPG
    switches.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 104
Just about any 3 position switch would work.
www.mouser.com
Is a good source for parts. Search this forum, a few months back someone posted instructions to disassemble the ST-16. Look for a thread about loose fans.
Glad the damage was not too bad.

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Just FYI the switches on my Taranis and my spectrum transmitter have broken easy also. I do not think this is something only on the ST16. I bet they all use the same design.

I've broken switches on Airtronics and JR radios as well. All of them are sort of fragile and don't deal with over leveraging very well. I sent the radios back for repair rather than do them myself. Too much time to spend looking for the right switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx