Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Blue substance in motors

Reaction score
Anyone know what this blue stuff is inside three motors on my H? The other three motors have no trace of it. New motors have no trace of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0955.jpg
    IMG_0955.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Anyone know what this blue stuff is inside three motors on my H? The other three motors have no trace of it. New motors have no trace of it.
Could be some excess goop they use to balance the motor. Have you ran the motors and checked for vibration?

Yes the motors run smoothly. it appears to be melted plastic. It is hard as a rock now. I have a couple new motors and they don't have any of it.

It's a blob!
It's a new variety, the Blue Blob, it eats everything in its path.
Take care at home. 3421433869.png

That looks like the epoxy resin they use to balance the motors. If you have a look at the lower or upper part of the magnets you will see a little bit of this substance on basically every motor. Unless the motor is perfectly balanced by conincidence, which is highly unlikely, you will need some of it in order to get rid of any vibrations.

In your case it looks very unusual. If it is actually this balancing compound, it seems like they have "repaired" a motor which would otherwise have been scrap.

I have no idea what else would get in the motor like this. If the motor gets warm enough to melt plastic, something is wrong.

In this case who cares, it's seems to be routing Yuneec having "lack of quality control".

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis