Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Build 829 (Patch) is now out. Here we go again!

I have a VERY!! Positive review, I am still at the worksite, but excited to announce that this Build is by far the best! Inspire 1, 2, and P4P had a major glitch all day. Yuneec, only had a minor few. Flight is saucy and smooth.

“Saucy”, I like that in an aircraft
emoji106.png
Especially if it's picante!?

Well it appears that all this 829 did was get rid of the upgrade loop with the 784 (Japan) thing. Locking us out of advanced calibrations was indeed intentional.

Funny, when we discovered there was a password, we were all up in arms! Many seasoned RC pilots agreeing that it is not possible to calibrate the IMU/ accelerometers/gyro in the FW, and agreeing that we need access. Now it seem like everyone is on board and OK with it. So is it imperative that we accesses these or not? What am I missing??

..Did the "Men in Black" use one of those lil' flashy thingies on all of us?
...Problem? What problem?

Well it appears that all this 829 did was get rid of the upgrade loop with the 784 (Japan) thing. Locking us out of advanced calibrations was indeed intentional.

Funny, when we discovered there was a password, we were all up in arms! Many seasoned RC pilots agreeing that it is not possible to calibrate the IMU/ accelerometers/gyro in the FW, and agreeing that we need access. Now it seem like everyone is on board and OK with it. So is it imperative that we accesses these or not? What am I missing??

..Did the "Men in Black" use one of those lil' flashy thingies on all of us?
...Problem? What problem?
Your going to get a lot of varying opinions. I don't know if I am 'Seasoned', flying and building since 1984 and worked with 2 different manufacturers. I have a 520 for 2 years and + for 1. Did calibrations on the 520 when I first got it just to see the process and haven't done it since. Have never done it on the +. Both have had a lot of different FW builds. Others will tell you it has to be done now and then. Both of mine fly excellent. In early builds and FCs, it was certainly more necessary than now.

Only a few do the calibrations and they will tell you how important it is. I fly what works for me, they fly what works for them. I would recommend not to worry about it unless the bird or CS tells you it's needed. My opinion, YMMV.

Last edited:
Reactions: ECKEROTH and DCH
I fly RC helicopters, and stole money from the AMA guys who let me build and fix their airplanes. Good times.

In the Heli. world, specially 3D, everything has to be accounted for, measurements and alignment, electronic system, and then weeks of tweaking and listening to small abnormal pitch, and micro tail wags. Then it’s (stick) bang time. That carried on with me, it does not hurt to be meticulous, specially working, with machines.

I would advice to have it, because it could be that tourniquet that you forgot you have that will stop the bleeding. I know this from first hand experience, I was there in the field.
Point is... Tools that can give the edge and advantage, they are good tools to have.

Reactions: JackMTaco and DCH
After the patch the controller connects to the H but not the camera. I select the camera and it binds and works fine but once everything is shut down the controller forgets the camera bind till I select it again. Not sure how to fix this

After the patch the controller connects to the H but not the camera. I select the camera and it binds and works fine but once everything is shut down the controller forgets the camera bind till I select it again. Not sure how to fix this

Could be a conflict with your home WiFi. I always turn mine WiFi off in the Android system, under settings.

Reactions: Phaedrus
Is that the wind I hear, or you giggling with JOY?!!

Is that the wind I hear, or you giggling with JOY?!!

Burrito for lunch.

The wind was howling. Once I got 100 feet up it took a lot of forward stick to penetrate into it. Given the wind I am pretty pleased. This is not a wind I would normally fly in for fun. But it was a good test for sure.

I did not pay any attention to how long it took to acquire that satellites. I'll do that next time. The boot time for the ST16S is exactly the same, 54 seconds. That is until the splash screen appears.

I was standing here while flying:

40.769916, -124.222583

Reactions: 10-8
To block the rc calibration, it is inadmissible.
For example, note that your PLUS drifts slightly, you control your sticks and you realize that there is a need for calibration. What are you doing now ? Do you stop working and send the set back to Yuneec? Not serious all that :mad:
I stay with the 784!

Reactions: RPR
For the H+ you need to contact Yuneec support. I did it on chat. They email you a form to fill . Return that and they will email you the code to enter. It is unique to you cand cannot be shared. You also need to have and prove you are a Part 107 Certified pilot if in the US.
Thanks.

Hola, hoy he probado la nueva actualización. No he tenido los problemas de la versión anterior, reconoce la SD y hace bien la opción de panorama. Todavía tengo el problema de gimball inclinado hacia la izquierda, creo que es un problema mecánico.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my