Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
If you have a C23 camera that buzzes or vibrates this may fix the problem.

Download the attached file.
Unzip (uncompress) the file. The file name should be gimbal.yuneec
Copy the file to a formatted sd card that you normally use in the camera.
Install the card in the camera and watch the video below

NOTE: The file will be renamed gimbal.yuneec.updated after the install.

The testing and procedure was a team effort including @DCH and @WTFDproject. They spend many hours to provide this information. Thank you both.

Attachments

• gimbal fix.zip
    127 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Since @Steve Carr posted two threads (E90 and C23), I’ll post my same question in both threads...

So... a firmware update. I’m guessing the version details (date code, et al) will be forthcoming.

Just curious... is the “manually holding the camera level” a form of calibration workaround, due to the gimbal calibration no longer a user option?

Or is my memory too foggy as to what calibrations have been locked out of user accessibility?

Hope this turns out to be the end all, be all for the fix!

Jeff

Even with the password to get into advanced calibration menu of the H Plus, gimbal calibration is not one of the options. You only get Compass, accelerotometer, and Gyro.

Last edited by a moderator:
So... a firmware update. I’m guessing the version details (date code, et al) will be forthcoming.
It's not a firmware update. It's a single file to update the gimbal only. I'm guessing it changes the PID settings in the gimbal but I have no way of knowing that. It is not a calibration.

Holding the camera during boot is a precautionary measure which gives the camera IMU a horizontal reference during boot. It may work without doing so, but it's best to follow this procedure.

The channel settings on the H can be restored to factory settings by resetting the controller. I'm not sure that will be the case with the H Plus. In addition, I find no user friendly information in that hidden menu. There are no additional calibrations and there are no channel settings. I see no practical use in accessing the menu and I suggest it is not a playground for any user.

Since there are people doing more in-depth testing of various functions who might find something useful, I suggest they get the password thru a request.

Download and unzip this file. Keep it in a separate folder named 784-Gimbal so you know which version it is.
There is no calibration menu for the H Plus.
Put the extracted file on an sd card and place in the camera. Power on only the H Plus. Wait at least 15 min before powering off the H Plus.

Attachments

• Gimbal-784.zip
    111.2 KB · Views: 32
Have you tried a reset on the camera?

Look at the file on the sd card that you used to see if the file name changed to "Updated". The file you copy to the sd card is a one-time use. You must format the card and then copy the file to the card each time you install.

This is the reset button. But I don't expect it to be much benefit in this case. I can provide an older version of the gimbal file if you wish to try it. I think we are seeing a wide variation in these cameras regarding the PID requirement for each individual camera. One size does not seem to fit all. I also don't think the alignment procedure will fix this issue.

@WTFDproject, any thoughts on this? Downgrade the camera firmware as well as the gimbal?

BTW, nice work with the video.

Attachments

• Restart c23 und e90.pdf
    242.4 KB · Views: 39
One other suggestion: Hold the camera level while the update is in progress and don't let go until it is fully rebooted.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Or try all the firmwares that have been released from the oldest one to the newest and see if one is working ?
Please got to the firmware update menu on the ST16 and select Update. That will show the current firmware on the system. Take a screenshot and post it here so we can see the versions that are currently installed.

the picture showing versions :
@Sblawx,
You have an existing firmware mismatch. I am not familiar with the consequences of this particular mismatch, but am aware unexpected issues sometimes occur when the firmware versions don't match.
I would recommend updating the controller APP to match the Controller System and the rest of your outfit.

Attachments

• Firmware.jpg
    Firmware.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
Reactions: Steve Carr
Hello,
Sorry for this late reply.
I've already tried to get this version on my ST16s, but it doesn't affect the gimball at all.
I kept using build 782 only for the app to avoid the calibration menu being password protected.

By the way, I wonder if doing the calibration on the drone will help the gimball being stabilized. I don't know if it has a built in accelerometer or if it's using the one inside the drone.

I noticed in your video a noise coming from the real sense module/under drone, I’m wondering if that’s normal. My new plus makes the same noise. Up close it sounds like a clicking noise, but I record it via phone camera it’s really loud in the playback. I also had a vibration gimbals issue as well. Does anyone else real sense make that noise?

Does anyone else real sense make that noise?
I believe the Obstacle Avoidance uses sonic sensors to detect objects in front of the aircraft. The frequency of the sound is outside the range of human hearing but the phone can "hear" it and records the sound. The down looking sensor on the RealSense may also be a sonic sensor and it uses a camera to find objects looking forward.

I believe the Obstacle Avoidance uses sonic sensors to detect objects in front of the aircraft. The frequency of the sound is outside the range of human hearing but the phone can "hear" it and records the sound. The down looking sensor on the RealSense may also be a sonic sensor and it uses a camera to find objects looking forward.

I can hear my RealSense clicking with my ears though, ever so slightly...and again, the camera picks it up a lot more.

Just not sure if it’s normal. I have real sense on one of my regular h drones and it doesn’t make that noise at all.

I’ve also reached out to the seller I bought the drone from and told them about the noise, for possibly a replacement, but now I’m second guessing “my issue” after hearing the gentlemen in this threads’ recording in post above.

Just not sure if it’s normal.
It is normal. I've heard the ticking noise on every video I've seen posted. Even w/o RealSense, there is still the OA sensor on the front that is a sonic sensor. The bottom sensor on the RealSense is also a sonic sensor. So there are two on your aircraft.
I see no reason to be concerned with this. It's a normal function of sonic sensors.

It is normal. I've heard the ticking noise on every video I've seen posted. Even w/o RealSense, there is still the OA sensor on the front that is a sonic sensor. The bottom sensor on the RealSense is also a sonic sensor. So there are two on your aircraft.
I see no reason to be concerned with this. It's a normal function of sonic sensors.

Excellent, thank you. It is a weird noise though for sure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval