Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Calibration mode won't start for gimbal or compass and my typhoon h is brand new

Reaction score
Got my typhoon H pro yesterday. Flew without calibration and it wasn't wanting to descend from high altitude which freaked me out but it came down very slowly eventually. It's hovering was a little shaky so this morning I tried to do the compass calibration. Went outside used app to face N and hit calibrate compass but red and green don't come on. I've tried restarting both and nothing. The gimbal also doesn't move when I hit calibrate. The camera doesn't level it stays at 45 and when I go to full up position it only goes to that angle. It will go tilt down and pan no problem. I appreciate all help as I don't want to send it back already. I'm in angle mode and the mode says takeoff. I don't even know if it's calibrating the accelerometer either. Please help team I have some work to do with H in next few days. I still believe the H is the best drone as I have done the research and played with a friend's inspire and p4 and although they are good engineered products now I have my H pro the pros best the cons and when I ordered it they said a new camera and gimbal will be available in the future so the upgradable drone makes me happy owner as well. Thanks much for your help.

Please watch all the tutorials that came with your H. Then find Capt Bob videos and others as many have detailed step by step instructions that demystify things better then the poorly translated and missing info manual. I noticed on my third H purchase that the emphasis on looking at the provided videos on the SD card was a bit more aggressive with more caution stickers. I'd also consider removing the camera till you've got the basic flight stuff fixed and tested. I damaged the my first camera on a CCC test as I panicked when it did not set proper height and came down right to the ground. That was a real problem (bad IMU back then) from the H but my inexperience didn't help. Now I'm pretty good and cautious and have great flights on my terms not the machine.

Please watch all the tutorials that came with your H. Then find Capt Bob videos and others as many have detailed step by step instructions that demystify things better then the poorly translated and missing info manual. I noticed on my third H purchase that the emphasis on looking at the provided videos on the SD card was a bit more aggressive with more caution stickers. I'd also consider removing the camera till you've got the basic flight stuff fixed and tested. I damaged the my first camera on a CCC test as I panicked when it did not set proper height and came down right to the ground. That was a real problem (bad IMU back then) from the H but my inexperience didn't help. Now I'm pretty good and cautious and have great flights on my terms not the machine.
Thanks for the help. I have done step by step

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my