Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera points same direction no matter where UAV faces

Reaction score
Hello, my drone typhoon H drone flies, the camera shows a picture, but the camera is stationary during flight, does not move.but when I rotate the drone the camera stays fix on one location.

help me please.

Last edited:
Reactions: aber57
Use the hardware monitor on ST16 to check the switches and knobs related to the camera. RTFM too.

the camera stays fix on one location.

help me please
What you have described has been discussed in the thread "camera" with the proper remedies described. I am unsure of what you are seeing.

A summary of the posts in the referenced thread:
If the camera stays fixed on one location, check to ensure you are not in "POI" mode.

If the camera stays fixed in one direction, what you have described is normal if the Pan Mode switch is in the bottom position. Place the switch to middle position for normal camera behavior.
If the switch is already in the middle position you may have a hardware problem. Check Hardware Monitor to ensure "S2" changes as you move the switch, and check the final output display to ensure CH10 changes as you move the switch.

If neither of these conditions are what you see, please clarify the camera behavior and tell us what you have already tried that did not correct the condition.

What you have described has been discussed in the thread "camera" with the proper remedies described. I am unsure of what you are seeing.

A summary of the posts in the referenced thread:
If the camera stays fixed on one location, check to ensure you are not in "POI" mode.

If the camera stays fixed in one direction, what you have described is normal if the Pan Mode switch is in the bottom position. Place the switch to middle position for normal camera behavior.
If the switch is already in the middle position you may have a hardware problem. Check Hardware Monitor to ensure "S2" changes as you move the switch, and check the final output display to ensure CH10 changes as you move the switch.

If neither of these conditions are what you see, please clarify the camera behavior and tell us what you have already tried that did not correct the condition.
Hi,after checking, S2 is at 0, the camera is not movable, it happened after an unsuccessful update drone ,http connect response is failed resultCode=80002,what to do?

Attachments

• 20210508_000138.jpg
    20210508_000138.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20210508_000040.jpg
    20210508_000040.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 20210508_000905.jpg
    20210508_000905.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
With S2 at 0, the camera should stay pointed straight ahead of the drone at all times. Is that what it is doing?

If the S2 stays at 0 when the switch is moved to other positions, it is not related to a drone update. It is a controller issue. Did you also do a controller update that failed?

IF S2 is always at zero, there are three main possibilities:
1.) Hardware failure of the switch. The switch will have to be repaired or replaced. It is fairly common for these switches to fail due to a design error in the switch support.
2.) An error in the "Channel Settings" menu. It is also common for errors to occur when exploring this menu, and have no idea you have changed anything or what you have changed. Have you been in this menu at all? If so, DELETE your current model, create a new model, and bind the drone and camera to the new Model. I would recommend doing a full "factory reset" first, then create the new model.
3.) Firmware update error. I would consider this the least plausible cause, but it is not impossible. If you are convinced it was a firmware update error, you can do an SD card update of the firmware for your region. Are you in the EU region?

With S2 at 0, the camera should stay pointed straight ahead of the drone at all times. Is that what it is doing?

If the S2 stays at 0 when the switch is moved to other positions, it is not related to a drone update. It is a controller issue. Did you also do a controller update that failed?

1.) Hardware failure of the switch. The switch will have to be repaired or replaced. It is fairly common for these switches to fail due to a design error in the switch support.
2.) An error in the "Channel Settings" menu. It is also common for errors to occur when exploring this menu, and have no idea you have changed anything or what you have changed. Have you been in this menu at all? If so, DELETE your current model, create a new model, and bind the drone and camera to the new Model. I would recommend doing a full "factory reset" first, then create the new model.
3.) Firmware update error. I would consider this the least plausible cause, but it is not impossible. If you are convinced it was a firmware update error, you can do an SD card update of the firmware for your region. Are you in the EU region?
I am in the EU region

I was advised to download A (American firmware) TyphoonH_Ver4.04_A.bin, this would solve all problems, how to do it, where to get American firmware

I was advised to download A (American firmware) TyphoonH_Ver4.04_A.bin, this would solve all problems, how to do it, where to get American firmware
Isn't the only difference a restriction of transmitter output power? If you're in the EU, you should install the EU version to avoid violating any rules in place. I wouldn't think that the USA version would fix anything the EU version would not.

Isn't the only difference a restriction of transmitter output power? If you're in the EU, you should install the EU version to avoid violating any rules in place. I wouldn't think that the USA version would fix anything the EU version would not.
when updating the last firmware, it show resultCode=80002 ,may need old firmware to update,see what will happen,when tilt the drone, the camera does not move, this happened after an unsuccessful update of the drone itself, the remote control was updated successfully

Reactions: Fred Garvin
This is killing me. If I understand you description correctly, moving the Pan Mode switch does not change the S2 indication in hardware monitor. If that is true, it has nothing to do with the drone. It would mean you have a controller problem. Not a drone problem.

But for whatever value you may find in a firmware pursuit, here are some things to do. At least the first one also includes a controller update, which might actually help something:

Download the controller update and the drone update appropriate for your region here:
Then follow this video:

If this does not work, you may even want to reflash the drone firmware. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLY WITH THIS FIRMWARE. The firmware can be downloaded here:
Then follow this video:

Last edited:
This is killing me. If I understand you description correctly, moving the Pan Mode switch does not change the S2 indication in hardware monitor. If that is true, it has nothing to do with the drone. It would mean you have a controller problem. Not a drone problem.

But for whatever value you may find in a firmware pursuit, here are some things to do. At least the first one also includes a controller update, which might actually help something:

Download the controller update and the drone update appropriate for your region here:
Then follow this video:

If this does not work, you may even want to reflash the drone firmware. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLY WITH THIS FIRMWARE. The firmware can be downloaded here:
Then follow this video:
after open link ,there not files

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210509-004008_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210509-004008_Chrome.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 6
I just updated the links. They should work now.
successfully updated the controller via SD card, but the drone itself is not, I have flashed the drone firmware Typhoon H Recovery Firmware (DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLY WITH THIS FIRMWARE) through the program, successfully,problem still ,no stabilization camera,the camera does not move, only the image shows

successfully updated the controller via SD card, but the drone itself is not, I have flashed the drone firmware Typhoon H Recovery Firmware (DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLY WITH THIS FIRMWARE) through the program, successfully,problem still ,no stabilization camera,the camera does not move, only the image shows
@AleksejsZ,
I need a clear, complete answer to this question:
When you look at S2 in the hardware monitor, does it stay at 0 when the Yaw mode switch is moved between the three positions?

Your previous answer was "after checking, S2 is at 0". You did not confirm if that reading was in only one switch position, or if you cycled the switch to all of it's positions. Knowing the S2 readings in each of the three positions is vital to understanding your problem.

In your last post, you said "still ,no stabilization". "No stabilization" is not the same thing as remaining fixed in one position, or pointing in one direction, or fixed on one location. You have used all of these to describe the camera behavior. And no two are the same thing. We need to know what the camera is doing. Please answer each of these questions so we can clearly understand what you see:
1.) Is the gimbal stabilizing (firmly maintaining camera position) ?
2.) Does the camera firmly point straight ahead of the drone and level as you move the drone through a range of motions?
3.) Does the camera remain fixed towards one point of the compass regardless of where the drone is pointed?
4.) Does the camera remain pointed at one spot on the ground as you circle the spot with the drone?

@AleksejsZ,
I need a clear, complete answer to this question:
When you look at S2 in the hardware monitor, does it stay at 0 when the Yaw mode switch is moved between the three positions?

Your previous answer was "after checking, S2 is at 0". You did not confirm if that reading was in only one switch position, or if you cycled the switch to all of it's positions. Knowing the S2 readings in each of the three positions is vital to understanding your problem.

In your last post, you said "still ,no stabilization". "No stabilization" is not the same thing as remaining fixed in one position, or pointing in one direction, or fixed on one location. You have used all of these to describe the camera behavior. And no two are the same thing. We need to know what the camera is doing. Please answer each of these questions so we can clearly understand what you see:
1.) Is the gimbal stabilizing (firmly maintaining camera position) ?
2.) Does the camera firmly point straight ahead of the drone and level as you move the drone through a range of motions?
3.) Does the camera remain fixed towards one point of the compass regardless of where the drone is pointed?
4.) Does the camera remain pointed at one spot on the ground as you circle the spot with the drone?
1.)gimbal does not stabilize
2.)no action, camera not aligned
3.)yes, remains fixed towards one compass point
4.)no

@AleksejsZ,
We are obviously having trouble with communicating the camera behavior. Your answers above conflict each other. Can you provide a short video of the camera behavior? You will have to post the video to YouTube, or something similar, and then post a link to the video here on the Forum.

But again, I need a clear, complete answer to this important question:
When you look at S2 in the hardware monitor, does it stay at 0 when the Yaw mode switch is moved between each of the three positions?

In the meantime, you might want to do a factory reset on the controller on the small chance the issue is related to a bad entry in the "Channel Settings".

[USER = 26915] @AleksejsZ [/ USER],
Очевидно, у нас возникли проблемы с передачей информации о поведении камеры. Ваши ответы выше противоречат друг другу. Можете ли вы предоставить короткое видео о поведении камеры? Вам нужно будет опубликовать видео на YouTube или что-то подобное, а затем разместить ссылку на видео здесь, на форуме.

Но опять же, мне нужен четкий, полный ответ на этот важный вопрос:
Когда вы смотрите на S2 на аппаратном мониторе, остается ли он на 0, когда переключатель режима рыскания перемещается между каждым из трех положений?

А пока вы можете выполнить сброс настроек контроллера к заводским настройкам, если возникнет небольшая вероятность, что проблема связана с неправильной записью в «Настройках канала».
S2 на аппаратном мониторе, остается на 0, переключатель режима рыскания перемещается между каждым из трех положений, без проблем

S2 на аппаратном мониторе, остается на 0, переключатель режима рыскания перемещается между каждым из трех положений, без проблем
Excellent. That was the key information that tells us where to look. It is not a drone problem at all. It is in you controller. Here is what to do:

1.) Do a full factory reset of the controller. This will not only return the channel settings to the standard, it will remove any other non-standard APPS that may be causing a conflict. After you do the reset, you will need to create a new Model and bind the drone to the new model.

2.) If the factory reset does NOT fix the problem, you will need to remove the rear panel of the ST16. Check the connections associated with S2. Use a multimeter to ensure the contacts are changing state when the switch is moved between positions.

3.) IF the S2 Switch is good, and all connections are properly made up, it may be a failure of the main processor board in the controller. You may want to try doing the update again, but that is not likely to help. It is most likely the board will need to be replaced.

Переведено с помощью www.DeepL.com/Translator (бесплатная версия):
Превосходно. Это была ключевая информация, которая подсказала нам, где искать. Это вовсе не проблема дрона. Она в вашем контроллере. Вот что нужно сделать:
1.) Сделайте полный сброс контроллера на заводские настройки. Это не только вернет настройки канала к стандартным, но и удалит все другие нестандартные приложения, которые могут вызывать конфликт. После сброса настроек вам нужно будет создать новую модель и привязать дрон к новой модели.

2.) Если сброс к заводским настройкам НЕ устранил проблему, необходимо снять заднюю панель ST16. Проверьте соединения, связанные с S2. Используйте мультиметр, чтобы убедиться, что контакты меняют состояние при перемещении переключателя между положениями.

3.) ЕСЛИ переключатель S2 исправен, и все соединения выполнены правильно, возможно, это неисправность платы главного процессора контроллера. Вы можете попробовать выполнить обновление еще раз, но это вряд ли поможет. Скорее всего, потребуется замена платы.

Excellent. That was the key information that tells us where to look. It is not a drone problem at all. It is in you controller. Here is what to do:

1.) Do a full factory reset of the controller. This will not only return the channel settings to the standard, it will remove any other non-standard APPS that may be causing a conflict. After you do the reset, you will need to create a new Model and bind the drone to the new model.

2.) If the factory reset does NOT fix the problem, you will need to remove the rear panel of the ST16. Check the connections associated with S2. Use a multimeter to ensure the contacts are changing state when the switch is moved between positions.

3.) IF the S2 Switch is good, and all connections are properly made up, it may be a failure of the main processor board in the controller. You may want to try doing the update again, but that is not likely to help. It is most likely the board will need to be replaced.

Переведено с помощью www.DeepL.com/Translator (бесплатная версия):
Превосходно. Это была ключевая информация, которая подсказала нам, где искать. Это вовсе не проблема дрона. Она в вашем контроллере. Вот что нужно сделать:
1.) Сделайте полный сброс контроллера на заводские настройки. Это не только вернет настройки канала к стандартным, но и удалит все другие нестандартные приложения, которые могут вызывать конфликт. После сброса настроек вам нужно будет создать новую модель и привязать дрон к новой модели.

2.) Если сброс к заводским настройкам НЕ устранил проблему, необходимо снять заднюю панель ST16. Проверьте соединения, связанные с S2. Используйте мультиметр, чтобы убедиться, что контакты меняют состояние при перемещении переключателя между положениями.

3.) ЕСЛИ переключатель S2 исправен, и все соединения выполнены правильно, возможно, это неисправность платы главного процессора контроллера. Вы можете попробовать выполнить обновление еще раз, но это вряд ли поможет. Скорее всего, потребуется замена платы.
S2 on hardware monitor, stays at 0, yaw switch moves between each of the three positions, no problem on hardware monitor, remote control switches, I checked on the monitor, everything works, but still the problem remains

S2 on hardware monitor, stays at 0, yaw switch moves between each of the three positions, no problem on hardware monitor, remote control switches, I checked on the monitor, everything works, but still the problem remains
This makes no sense to me. You say that S2 stays at 0 in the Hardware Monitor when switched between all three positions and also state that everything works in the Hardware Monitor. That is not possible.

When moving S2 (Pan Mode Switch) Up is position 0 and the camera should face forward at all times no matter what position the Pan Knob (K1) is in. At the middle position 1 the camera should be moveable with K1 and should point to the left or right according to how far K1 is moved. Position 2 is the bottom position (global) and the camera will Pan left or right according to movement of K1. The more K1 is moved off center the faster the camera pans in that direction. Once K1 is returned to center the camera stops panning and will retain its heading regardless of a change in aircraft heading.

On the main screen of the ST16 double tap the Volts icon to bring up the Final Output display. Watch Ch10, with S2 at 0 it should read -100%, at position 1 it should read -40%, and at position 2 it should read 100%. Now watch Ch8, with K1 at center it should read 0%, with K1 at full left you should read 100%, and with K1 at full right the reading should be -100%.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval