Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can a Typhoon H Prop be used on Typhoon H+

Can they be? Yes.
Should they be? NO.
The pitch and length were designed to match the respective motor KW ratings, not to be interchangeable. Even though they will fit they are not fully interchangeable, nor are they intended to be. Even though a TH prop will fit a Plus motor adapter, the prop adapters are different enough that it fits loosely. Furthermore, you cannot mount a TH Plus prop on a TH motor because there is not enough clearance in the prop adapter to rotate the prop into the locking latch.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
I bet someone will try, can see a YouTube video coming soon

I bet someone will try, can see a YouTube video coming soon

It would be interesting to observe the results of such a test. If we were in a performance guessing game my guess would have the H Plus being a very low performer.

I would think you might burn up the engines, over RPM, unless auto shut off comes into play?

It would be interesting to observe the results of such a test. If we were in a performance guessing game my guess would have the H Plus being a very low performer.
If I could put Plus props on an H480 I would be happy to test the results because I have two, but I'm not going to even attempt this with my Plus. I'll leave that to someone else with an extra Plus.
...Hey @Steve Carr! We are all anxiously awaiting your test results!! Inquiring minds want to know!:cool:

The plus props fit on the H? I thought they were a bit to long?
Oh the word "if".

The plus props fit on the H? I thought they were a bit to long?
Oh the word "if".
It is the Prop Pipe dream of H480 owners, including yours truly! Yes, they are too long, so it's a good thing they won't lock on to the adapters. However, the prop adapters ARE interchangeable, so you could actually get Plus adapters on the 480 motors, but the props would interfere. You would need to use the longer Plus/520 arms to achieve the clearance needed. However the motor footprint is completely different and doesn't easily lend itself to modification. At this point a prop upgrade is more easily achieved by buying a Plus!:rolleyes:
...Which I did.:cool:

Props.jpg Arms.jpg

Reactions: JackMTaco

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval