Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can't calibrate H520 Accelerometer

Reaction score
I'm getting an error message on the ST16S when I try and calibrate the Accelerometer.

The calibration fails each time with the depressing descending set of beeps, and then an error on the ST16S:
EMERGENCY: Mag 0 fail: TOUT!

I've tried in various locations and all fail in the same way.

Also, I'm wondering if the inability to calibrate is leading to the drone drifting slightly when hovering...

Any thoughts / advice would be most welcome.

yes expect the drifting if calibration is not able to be done. strongly recommend not to fly until corrected. first try updating the firmware to the lasted version if not done so. also tout error aka the time out. are you turning the drone over in the many positions that is required for the h520 or are you leavening it flat like the h480 which will never work on the h520.

Thanks Terrence.
Yeah, I'm doing all 6 positions as per the on screen instructions, watched a couple of YouTube videos of people doing the same thing, etc and after all 6 blocks turn green, there is always the same descending beeps and mag 0 tout error.
I updated to the latest firmware on everything (H520, E90, gimbal) and situation still the same.
Running out of options :-(

In case anyone else has the same problem, Vertigo Drones suggested doing a Compass Calibration immediately before the accelerometer. Previously, I had done them the other way around by chance. Don't know why.
Tested it today and the accelerometer calibration ended with ascending beeps and no Mag 0 error on the ST16S.
So if anyone else get an accelerometer calibration error, try doing compass calibration immediately before.
Fingers crossed this works from now on...Next flight this weekend if weather holds up.
Thanks to Vertigo Drones and the people on this board for the support and suggestions.

Reactions: arruntus
I am confused...not a new thing for me :p Compass Calibration and Accelerometer Calibration are two separate procedures, right?

If so, which do you do first and how do you do an Accelerometer Calibration, since I can find NO Reference to it in the manual?

TIA

TW

I am confused...not a new thing for me :p Compass Calibration and Accelerometer Calibration are two separate procedures, right?

If so, which do you do first and how do you do an Accelerometer Calibration, since I can find NO Reference to it in the manual?

TIA

TW

Yo, Willie,

The point of this post is: if one is experiencing error messages during accelerometer calibration, try performing the compass calibration first.

As mentioned in another thread (too late at night to go searching), the compass calibration for the H520 seems to prefer slow and steady rotations, unlike the H480 which preferred completion within 30 seconds of initiation.

Once the compass calibration is deemed successful, then try the accelerometer calibration.

For those deep in the “code” there is also a gyro calibration. That one is more like the H480 accelerometer calibration; we don’t touch the craft during the actual procedure.

As for “doing” the accelerometer calibration, it is in the same screen (section) as the compass calibration. Once initiated, the images show the orientations of each step of the calibration.

To access the gyro calibration, one needs to access the secret menu first. The gyro calibration then becomes available as an option to select.

Hope this helps guide those looking for advice as to what the true steps are.

Jeff

P.S. “immediately” does not mean to imply a time limit. Rather, I believe it was to imply the sequence of events.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval