Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CES 2018; Yuneec 3 announces: Typhoon H Plus, Firebird FPV airplane and HD racer drones

The new 1in camera will work with the current H models:

Watching this video it is more than confirmed that H PLUS is an H520, everything exactly the same except in flight plans to make photogrammetry o_O

He also seems pretty sure that your gonna see 30 minute flight times. I do hope he's right on one of those statements. ;)

That's the one thing we certainly should not bet the bank on. If such were to consistently happen it would be the first time since consumer drone makers started advertising "flight time";)

Exactly. The likelyhood of a more realistic 20 minute flight time with the plus would be a great selling point to those who know darn well, fifteen minutes in a 480 is a stretch in average conditions. Why not just say 20 minutes and if someone gets 22, Hey-Win Win. :)

So, in the video clip of the sea at the end, the horizon looks level. Is this video straight out of the camera or has it been processed?
The Plus controller is the ST16S. Does this mean I can buy a Plus and use it with the controller from my H520? Can I install Plus firmware on my H520 to get Curved Cable Cam and the other flight modes?

Reactions: zandoli
So, in the video clip of the sea at the end, the horizon looks level. Is this video straight out of the camera or has it been processed?
The Plus controller is the ST16S. Does this mean I can buy a Plus and use it with the controller from my H520? Can I install Plus firmware on my H520 to get Curved Cable Cam and the other flight modes?

...and vice versa
Use DataPilot and H520 cams on the H+.

Reactions: Graham
I think we should not rely too much on it.
The people of Yuneec are not crazy. We have a Pro machine on the H520. As such, we do not have NFZs in the program and we can manage our flights as a responsible pilot.
If Yuneec puts the same functions as the H Plus in the H520, many people could buy the H520 to escape the NFZ in the H Plus.
This is the reasoning that I think and that must be the same for Yuneec.
To improve the H520, I do not ask Yuneec all the functions of the H Plus, but only curve curves in the missions and management of Poi and Orbit for 3D and monuments.No need the follow-me etc ...
So do not dream, we can not have all the features of the H Plus in the H520.

The people of Yuneec are not crazy. We have a Pro machine on the H520. As such, we do not have NFZs in the program and we can manage our flights as a responsible pilot.
If Yuneec puts the same functions as the H Plus in the H520, many people could buy the H520 to escape the NFZ in the H Plus.
To improve the H520, I do not ask Yuneec all the functions of the H Plus, but only curve curves in the missions and management of Poi and Orbit for 3D and monuments.No need the follow-me etc ...

I know that my English is not exactly good but in the video, when he talks about the station, he says that the H520 will have the same functionalities as the H PLUS but without the possibility of creating photogrammetry missions. Call me crazy but I have understood that and therefore all those functions should be on the H520 as well. I'd have all the logic :rolleyes:

@claudius62 with all the time we've been asking for features for the H520 now don't downsize them :p

Reactions: Graham
True because if 520 customers don’t demand them they will not get them. The 520 should have all the H Plus features, and much more. The H Plus must remain behind 520 functionality to maintain separation between consumer and commercial. Licensed commercial is bound by significant operational requirements while the consumer level has few, and consumers as a whole are less knowledgeable of airspace rules and regulations. As has been proven a great many times over the commercial operators are not normally those violating flight safety standards so flight restrictions need to be maintained on consumer systems.

I failed to make note of a consumers ability to accept responsibility for their actions to obtain a limited waiver and commercial operators submission of documentation to obtain a full waiver of consumer level flight restrictions...

For the $3500 I spent on the H520 I should be able to expect all the features of a bird that is half the price plus some more that justify at least some of the extra $1700...or is that just way crazy. The orange paint is cool but not that cool. Agree if Yuneec could smooth out the survey way point turns would be a good start. My neck was sore from just watching the poor thing Jerk around the first mission it flew, reminded me of an old wooden roller coaster. Would like a new modern rail coaster ride please Yuneec.

@arruntus,
A little bit is always more than nothing.View attachment 8245

Okay, I'm going out ....View attachment 8246

I know, we've been waiting so long that in the end you want something, anything but I think it's not crazy to think that as a professional video recording platform we're going to need those functionalities too. If you don't have them, you're sure you can't use them. That price difference has to be clearly differentiated, if not because it has more functionalities then we have made a very bad purchase and I hope it does not.

Don't go anywhere and keep on fighting ;)

Not overly thrilled with the promo email I got this morning from Yuneec UK. They appear to be wanting £1679 (almost $2300) for the H+ RealSense model, ie almost $500 more than the US price touted at CES. Does the UK routinely load the US price to this extent? Or maybe they have just got it wrong as the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing.

H+ RS £1679=$2300.png

FWIW, they also pare back the claimed flying time to "up to 25 minutes".

3 things about the ad and what you say that get my attention.

The price: it seems that it is returned to the price initially said that it does not correspond with the video or advertisements in the fair.

Release date: End of March but the fair talks about May, even June.

Flight time: In the fair we talk about up to 30 minutes. Now it's down to 25 minutes that matches the data we already have on the H520 with the E90. Not forgetting that these are stationary times, at sea level and without wind. There is no doubt that the H PLUS is an H520 with a different color.

Let each one draw his conclusions :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ahhh shucks folks, if Yuneec U.K. Is providing a higher price it’s probably reflecting the customer service they provide that’s superior to the U.S. and Germany, along with releasing before the others, along with costs of their well set up and maintained web site. Y’all have to admit they do things better over there;):)

IF the C23 turns out to be compatible with the H, has anyone seen a quoted price on the camera only?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro