Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO+?3?plus?Pro? Steady Cam compatability?

Reaction score
I have a CGO something Plus or Pro...Just firmware? My question is..is there a Steady Mount thingy that works with this cam? Thanks in Advance

Yup. It's called a Steady Grip Thingy. Also an Action Grip Thingy works too.

CGO SteadyGrip for CGO Series Camera Gimbal System (with LiPo cells)

Questions about this item? Ask here.

(See 4 Questions)

Your Price: $149.99

Back Order: Ships in 1-5 Business Days

Part Number:YUNCGOST102

SKU:8J-6VK5-EO

**Not compatible with the CGO3+ Yuneec SteadyGrip for Typhoon Q500 CGO3 series Cameral Gimbal System with included LiPo battery.

only thing to keep in mind is that it makes a lot of noise (the camera?) and therefore is not suitable if you are wanting to record audio as you film...

That is great to know. Thanks. What I am concerned about is I have seen something about several versions? and some not compatible with the Plus or Pro model. Also the powering options...some appear to have replaceable batteries and some have rechargeable? thanks in advance

That is great to know. Thanks. What I am concerned about is I have seen something about several versions? and some not compatible with the Plus or Pro model. Also the powering options...some appear to have replaceable batteries and some have rechargeable? thanks in advance
The early versions of the SteadyGrip used AA batteries but the drained so quickly it was nearly unusable. Most people that use then have modified them to work with a 11.1v Lipo. It's an easy conversion.
It's a bit confusing sorting out which grip works with a particular camera. There are lots of Youtube videos showing both the conversion and that some cameras actually work fine on different grips.

I have the one for CGO3 that came with Q500. Its a tilt only gimbal. The + has the pan feature so it has two rows of connectors. I've successfully put the + on the grip that Yuneec says you cannot do. No mods required and works fine. Tilt feature is fully functional as well. I have the PIA 8 AA battery version.

I went to the link and then to the buy link at the top and nothing but the same page.....also I am getting conflicting info on some of the others....
like this on the one i can find similar......
Q: Will this work with the CGO+?
Asked by: lakeman70 - 1/2/2017
A: No. Yuneec has not released a Steady Grip that will function with the CGO3+
Was this answer helpful? 0 of 1 Customer(s) found this Answer helpful.
Answer provided by: Andrew (1/2/2017)

- 10/12/2016
A: Yes, this is compatible with the CGO3. Please contact us using the 'Contact US' link and provide the switch you are inquiring about. Yes, we ship to Canada.
Was this answer helpful? 1 of 2 Customer(s) found this Answer helpful.
Answer provided by: Andrew (10/20/2016)

OK I am starting to sort it out lol I think....I couldn't find one on Yuneec website for sale under accessories....

OK I am starting to sort it out lol I think....I couldn't find one on Yuneec website for sale under accessories....

See if this helps. Pic of grip connection vs the two cameras
528c20cf79701b3612419202088111f5.jpg
812f197ce493f48e0265b7aaee30a708.jpg
42c9d99d18b08a3e30dc0c92611f8c67.jpg
32f139dd69b2ad33dcf98c89d103ad36.jpg
7c6e2f6326b30af8c829bda0bb046500.jpg

See it doesn't matter. I can swap between cameras with the steadi grip for the 3.

I am not finding this one for sale at yuneec. Where did you get yours?

They bundled it with Q500 in rolling case. I've seen them loose in hobby shops. It's a decent accessory. Lots of self noise though as been pointed out. I see them on Vertigo Drones site.

I tried to purchase one of these a number of months ago. Most U.S. Places had either discontinued or said back order. I found one from Wellbots in New York which turned out to be a nightmare. First they had it, then they didn't, but could still get it followed by it's been permanently discontinued. I ended up buying a DJI Osmo Plus which made the Yuneec version look like a POS. If you're serious about indoor action can with a ton of readily availabe accessories (Amazon) save yourself the headache and go with the Osmo. I was bummed at first because I love my H and really wanted to be able to interchange the Cam with the handheld, but when I realized what the Osmo could do it was a no brainer.

The SteadyGrip is the model with the black lower handle/battery compartment that is powered
by 8 AA batteries. The ActionGrip is the one that has a silver lower handle/battery compartment
that is powered by a lipo. Both only have 3 contacts, and only tilt functions. You are the pan
mechanism. Both cameras connect and work on either grip.

The greater difficulty is getting the app to sync with your specific device, and the solution has been
found to be getting a previous version of the app. This is trial and error process depending on
phone/platform/tablet you have. Some use the current version, some require a prior version.

The SteadyGrip is the model with the black lower handle/battery compartment that is powered
by 8 AA batteries. The ActionGrip is the one that has a silver lower handle/battery compartment
that is powered by a lipo. Both only have 3 contacts, and only tilt functions. You are the pan

The greater difficulty is getting the app to sync with your specific device, and the solution has been
found to be getting a previous version of the app. This is trial and error process depending on
phone/platform/tablet you have. Some use the current version, some require a prior version.

That was some useful information! thanks for the clarification.

And Android app may have less features then IOS depending on version.

I have the actioncam with the CGO3 + and a phone android.
The connection is good but the latency between camera and display is far too large and makes the camera almost unexploitable ...
What to understand? The camera has an instant link with the ST16 ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads