Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

cgo3 camera,

why is my video choppy. not smooth

• bad sd card

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • need a better video app

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
my first time flying my Yuneec Typhoon h drone. And the video was very bad , choppy , video not smooth. Jumps around. The micro SD card is the same one that I used in my cgo2 , and it worked great. Is it issues with the cgo3 , cold 50 degrees weather. Or ?

Check the vibration ball mounts to assure they are correctly seated in the mounting plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the vibration ball mounts to assure they are correctly seated in the mounting plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not sure of your response, do you mean to check how the camera gimbal is securely attached to drone

my first time flying my Yuneec Typhoon h drone. And the video was very bad , choppy , video not smooth. Jumps around. The micro SD card is the same one that I used in my cgo2 , and it worked great. Is it issues with the cgo3 , cold 50 degrees weather. Or ?
1. The sd card you use in the CGO2 will not be good enough for the CGO3 unless the card has a U3. That's a 3 inside the U.
2. When you say the video is jumpy, does it look like it is simply skipping frames? If so, that is a problem with whatever you are trying to play it on. You need to copy the file from the sd card to the computer to play it. If it still looks bad, try a recording at 1080p (1920x1080 @ 30 fps). You don't need to fly. Just pick up the H and walk around to get a recording. If that one plays ok, then the issue is with your computer.

not sure of your response, do you mean to check how the camera gimbal is securely attached to drone
The camera should hang level and supported by all 4 rubber dampers. Turn on the H with no props. After it's booted up just pick it up and move the H around while watching the camera. The cam should stay level and move smoothly.

I have an older PC and it cannot handle the 4k however the 1080 looks great

Please note that many users find that their PC or laptop cannot play back 4K video smoothly, especially straight off the card. The first thing to check is what resolution you're recording in. Then check your card. Then check for hardware issues. It's very rare for choppy video to be a hardware issue - most often it's the playback or editing equipment.

Please note that many users find that their PC or laptop cannot play back 4K video smoothly, especially straight off the card. The first thing to check is what resolution you're recording in. Then check your card. Then check for hardware issues. It's very rare for choppy video to be a hardware issue - most often it's the playback or editing equipment.
When you say it's rarely a hardware issue, I presume you're referring to the camera components. The computer hardware is generally the problem.

Reactions: Tuna
If you shot in 4K, try making a downsampled file at 1080p and see if that smaller file is still choppy...
if not, it is your computer hardware or video editing software, as Tuna stated above.

1. The sd card you use in the CGO2 will not be good enough for the CGO3 unless the card has a U3. That's a 3 inside the U.
2. When you say the video is jumpy, does it look like it is simply skipping frames? If so, that is a problem with whatever you are trying to play it on. You need to copy the file from the sd card to the computer to play it. If it still looks bad, try a recording at 1080p (1920x1080 @ 30 fps). You don't need to fly. Just pick up the H and walk around to get a recording. If that one plays ok, then the issue is with your computer.
I did what you advised me , turned out I needed a faster micro SD card, and a better resolution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval