Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 in Crash : MPU6050 Wire disconnect

Reaction score
Alas another crash. Fortunately I have one more Blade Chroma Body and the Drone works. The CGO3 is a different story.
The CG03 Gimbal sustained damage. The white plastic plate (optical table) that holds the lens and other circuit board broke (it should be made of aluminum). I was able to epoxy the optical table together to functional. The camera itself works (binds and a image appears on the ST10).
The issue is that in the process of disassembly the 4 wires that attach to the Gimbal MPU6050 detached and I do not know the pin out so I can resholder them.
The four wires originate from the motherboard through the same connector. I can identify positions of the wires in relation to the connector to the motherboard using a continuity tester, but where they attach to the MPU6050 is the mystery. The wire attached in the first photo is probably incorrect in that I attached it after the fact.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20211029_214446.jpg
    20211029_214446.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • 20211029_230930.jpg
    20211029_230930.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 20211029_231112.jpg
    20211029_231112.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
The issue is that in the process of disassembly the 4 wires that attach to the Gimbal MPU6050 detached and I do not know the pin out so I can resholder them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This is the pinout for a CGo3+ IMU. I believe it is the same as CGo3. Note the picture is laid out as viewed from the solder joint side of the IMU and the pin latch side of the connector.
CGo3+ IMU Pinout.jpg

One of your images appears to show a couple of missing chips. I can't tell for sure. You might want to ensure these chips are present on your board:
Chips.jpg

Last edited:
This is the pinout for a CGo3+ IMU. I believe it is the same as CGo3. Note the picture is laid out as viewed from the solder joint side of the IMU and the pin latch side of the connector.
View attachment 26807

One of your images appears to show a couple of missing chips. I can't tell for sure. You might want to ensure these chips are present on your board:
View attachment 26808
Dear WTFD,
Once again, thank you for your perfect reply.
I will try to fix it but perhaps, because of my sloppy attempt to sholder, I trashed the MPU 6050.
I see that MPU 6050's are available in many configurationa and very common in RC. I don't find one like is in the CGO3 that has four connectors. Do you know if a module like the one I have attached could work and if so, which is the pinout. This is a 5 volt unit. (see attached).

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20211030-044831_Amazon_Shopping.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20211030-044831_Amazon_Shopping.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 11
Do you know if a module like the one I have attached could work and if so, which is the pinout.
Unfortunately if your IMU board is damaged it will need to go to a service center for replacement. Not even a factory original board will work until it is calibrated to match the individual characteristics when mounted in your camera. The calibration software is not available to the public. It is sometimes possible to get a random match with a new board but it is very rare.
You can contact John Mitchell (@Yuneec Skins). He may be able to help with this.

You can try to add those resistors that accidently were desoldered. That are 18kOhm parts from clock and data to ground, see pictures.
MPU6050_Cam_a.jpgMPU6050i2c.png
The IMU board is supplied with 3.3V. If you will use another board you will need to skip the 5V to 3.3V regulator on the board.

br HE

Last edited:
Unfortunately if your IMU board is damaged it will need to go to a service center for replacement. Not even a factory original board will work until it is calibrated to match the individual characteristics when mounted in your camera. The calibration software is not available to the public. It is sometimes possible to get a random match with a new board but it is very rare.
You can contact John Mitchell (@Yuneec Skins). He may be able to help with this.
Thank you again. Great information!

https://yuneecskins.com/all-products/ols/products/cgo3-camera-repair-estimate-service[ [/URL
You can try to add those resistors that accidently were desoldered. That are 18kOhm parts from clock and data to ground, see pictures.
View attachment 26821View attachment 26822
The IMU boars is supplied with 3.3V. If you will use another board you will need to skip the 5V to 3.3V regulator on the board.

br HE
Very great response. I will ponder your suggestion.
Thank you so very much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval