Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ lens alternatives

I'm a bit troubled with the green shift of the Pixaero. I certainly did not care for the Peau, with my eye finding the Yuneec a little better. I'm about to take delivery of a new H with the Pixaero lens and that shift reminds me too much of how Fuji film worked back in the day of film cameras. The video makes a blanket statement that all H cameras produced between April and whatever were out of focus. Not true, some were but not even close to all. Mine certainly wasn't out of focus but the sharpness setting definitely benefited from a slight bump up.

Perhaps it's just me but when I take a general photo I want the image to present what my eye saw when I framed the shot. I don't want every photo or video to become a fantasy land where what was shot was not how it looked. I don't want to have to later guess/remember what the scene looked like in order to put it back together in post. Sure, there are times I'll do that but it's not something I want to do to every frame I shoot. Much too often I look at photos or videos where it's easy to see what's depicted wasn't real. Windows 10 home screen photos are perfect examples of that fakery. But that's just me.

I'm a bit troubled with the green shift of the Pixaero. I certainly did not care for the Peau, with my eye finding the Yuneec a little better. I'm about to take delivery of a new H with the Pixaero lens and that shift reminds me too much of how Fuji film worked back in the day of film cameras. The video makes a blanket statement that all H cameras produced between April and whatever were out of focus. Not true, some were but not even close to all. Mine certainly wasn't out of focus but the sharpness setting definitely benefited from a slight bump up.

Perhaps it's just me but when I take a general photo I want the image to present what my eye saw when I framed the shot. I don't want every photo or video to become a fantasy land where what was shot was not how it looked. I don't want to have to later guess/remember what the scene looked like in order to put it back together in post. Sure, there are times I'll do that but it's not something I want to do to every frame I shoot. Much too often I look at photos or videos where it's easy to see what's depicted wasn't real. Windows 10 home screen photos are perfect examples of that fakery. But that's just me.

Interesting. I've just started moving into 4K shots and the clarity is pretty awesome. None of my clients think there is an issue with how the stock lens looks and we have no trouble in post. I'd take a little edge blur (can't see any yet) any day over color shift and the Captain Drone videos about the camera and how to hold white balance have been great.

The proper way to set white balance, Iso, and frame rate is not clear in any instructions from Yuneec that I have ever seen. Now I have a much better understanding of how things appear post flight on multiple formats relative to st 16. Proper framing guides the viewer to what you intend and if you have to point out a problem (that you see because we obsess on stuff) to someone else for them to discover it, it's not really a problem. Remember, the mind is a terrible thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LOL, I remember Fuji film vs. Kodak. I do like the PixAero over the Peau, especially since Peau Productions stated in an email to me last week that they don't recommend their 3.97mm lens due to the edge focus issue. They, instead recommend their 3.37mm lens due to better edge sharpness. In addition, Frank at Carolina Dronz also recommended the PixAero over the Peau.

I like the picture that the stock lens produces but in certain situations it does present some barrel distortion. And sometimes I would like a bit narrower field of view so I'm getting my spare CGO3+ outfitted with the PixAero and I'll still have my primary CGO3+ with the stock lens. Best of both worlds.

I'm doing the same thing but since I'm soon to have a third camera I think the Peau 8.xx will be added to the mix.

Reactions: yuneec53

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kege62