Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compatible Micro SD Cards for the Typhoon H+ C23 Camera

Agreed. What's worse is that I purchased this on Amazon directly from Sandisk. I did not chose the A2 type for purchase but yet they sent them to me anyone. I filed a complaint because they shouldn't be switching out SD Card types to replace the A1's that they don't have.

You are a life saver, I didn't even realized I ordered the A1s and they sent me the A2s. I just thought it was my goof and was going to eat the return cost. Same thing happened to me!

Hello everyone. I just purchased this card today put it in the C23 camera and on the controller it shows that it found it. Have not taken any pictures on it because the weather is bad. Will try tomorrow if weather is good. 67CADBF5-B711-4276-8176-753FCF28739C.jpeg

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Thank you very much @Reddragon454 :)

That makes it much more likely, that my Delkin V60 cards will work in the C23 :cool:.

Anyone gotten a UHS II (phase 2) to work? I had a SanDisk that doesn't that I notice that the compiled list here are all UHS I. And maybe that's ok, no advantage to phase 2?

The Delkin microSD I have is also a UHS-II... but since the C23/E90 is only a UHS-I device, that extra row of contacts will remain unused. I do not think that will make a difference of whether or not the card is compatible... if it is, the card will just operate at the slower bus speed of UHS-I.

Anyone gotten a UHS II (phase 2) to work? I had a SanDisk that doesn't that I notice that the compiled list here are all UHS I. And maybe that's ok, no advantage to phase 2?

UHS-II (which you're calling phase 2) has a second set of contacts that UHS-I cards and devices DON'T have. I'm not aware of any drone cameras that support UHS-II. I may have missed some though. I suspect that eventually they will as more and more people shoot 4K at higher fps and need the higher read/write speeds.

I have digital Fujifilm still cameras that do support UHS-II. I use UHS-II SD cards with them and it is a significant boon for sports/bird photography and 4K video.

Reactions: oliver
Ok then it's not the camera. What firmware are you on, I think in the early firmwares I read about issues with sd cards if available try to update the drone.

You could try formatting as exfat with this tool from SD Association see if that helps else I don't have any ideas on how to fix it.

SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC

I tried the formatter above, Disk Utility on a my Mac and the formatter in th C23 camera. None of them were able to get the camera to see the card even though I could read and write just fine on my computer. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for the Extreme Plus card and also glad I tried it before taking my next flight.

Ideally, once you get a card that is compatible, format it in the C23 itself. The Samsung cards are not failing, per se. It is the limitations of the C23 camera. Formatting will not affect the camera's compatibility, with said card.

Reactions: rdonson
Have the same issue with Samsung cards: even with proper formatting they are not recognized.:confused:

Have the same issue with Samsung cards: even with proper formatting they are not recognized.:confused:

See the post directly above yours... the issue with the Samsung cards is the fact that they are not compatible with the C23 Sony camera. You will need to use a different manufacturer... if attempting SanDisk cards, A2 style cards also, will not work.

try to format in exFat32
I just bought a Samsung 64GB Evo that is preformatted in exFAT32 (for PC and Mac). My H+ didn't recognize it even after I formatted it again in the C23 camera settings. Now I have a bunch of sd cards laying around that won't work.

See post #51 above. The C23 Sony camera on the Plus is the issue... the cards are fine. Do you have any friends or relatives that might have a microSD card that is a brand other than Samsung? They may be using their card in a device that could use your Samsung card without issue... in such a case you could swap with no downside and you both end up with a usable card.

I just bought a Samsung 64GB Evo that is preformatted in exFAT32 (for PC and Mac). My H+ didn't recognize it even after I formatted it again in the C23 camera settings. Now I have a bunch of sd cards laying around that won't work.
As the beginning of this topic shows, it is better to use Sandisk, and I do not know why we have difficulties with other brands

Hi guys, for few weeks I'm fighting with C23 from Yuneec . Forsee 16GB works great, but I bought 128GB Sandisc Extreme Plus, but it's A2 and doesnt work on my camera ( I know that cause of that page ), then I bought 32GB Sandisc Extreme A1 thinking I'll record something soon, but still disappointed . It doesnt work . I borrow Samsung EVO 64gb A1 and it works great..... Can you help me ? Sandisc was formatted on Fat32 in default, but I formatted this on exFAT. I use Windows and SD CARD FORMATTER, card isnt corrupted .

Attachments

• kartye.png
    kartye.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval