Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Purchased the Breeze 4k a week or so ago. Finally opened the box today. Followed the instructions to the letter, but couldn't get the controller to charge. When the supplied USB cable didn't work, I tried several other cables and chargers just in case. All with the same result. Seems like a bad controller port or controller battery. One flashing blue battery light every second and then they eventually stop. The button lights on top are flashing every 2 seconds and then eventually stop. One button light in the center, continues to flash indefinitely after the others stop.
Unfortunately, I also charged the drone battery at the same time. Now I have a fully charged drone battery and no way to discharge it. I hope it doesn't become damaged while I resolve this controller charging issue.

Again, the controller has never been charged, just attempts.
Any ideas how to get the controller to charge?
How long before my drone battery is damaged because it is fully charged?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mike

There is a tiny hole for reset on the bottom of the controller. It is probably for resetting bluetooth setting. I never used it but you may want to use the tip of a pen to push in to hold for 5, 6 seconds to see if it reset anything to help with the charging problem. Or holding down power button while pressing the reset. I think it does not hurt trying. Well, do it at your own risk. Or contact Yuneec for help.

I have same issue..center button between control paddles has been blinking for 5-6 hours now..charge up already! lol

The controller takes several hours to fully charge the first time. The small blue LED’s center below the sticks are the mode (iOS or Android) indicators. The Power between the sticks will be on solid when fully charged. Once charged you can get 18+ hours of on time from the controller.

My controller has been on charge since 7pm last night. It's almost 2pm the next day and it STILL hasn't charged up. How long should it take? I would assume not THIS long, right????

One more question: I have a really nice Bluetooth game controller already. Can I use that, or can I only use the Breeze controller? They have the same buttons and layout, so yes? No?

My controller has been on charge since 7pm last night. It's almost 2pm the next day and it STILL hasn't charged up. How long should it take? I would assume not THIS long, right????

What type of charger are you using?

You can only use the Yuneec controller. Some have had partial success with other controllers, but the mapping is different.

I purchased a Breeze couple of weeks ago and had the same problem would not charge. I let it blink for days no joy. updated the firmware to 138 and the blue light came on solid, battery was at full charge. I also noticed that the manufacture date on my drone was 9/5/2017 with firmware ver 122.

I thought I'd add to this thread. BUZZBUZZCRASH seems to have discovered the solution. I had my new controller plugged in for about 24 hours and the blue power button continued to flash. I took his suggestion and updated the firmwear (now it's 1.39). After plugging in for 10 minutes the power button went solid. But, now, intermittently and at random, the ABXY buttons momentarily flash. Is that something new in the firmwear as a "battery charged" warning? It's stupid something as simple as charging a battery should be so complicated. If anything this should be a simple plug and play. I just hope after the weather clears snd I get a chance to test the new drone with this thing that it doesn't just fly away snd crash. Now that eould REALLY tick me off.

My controller wouldnt charge either. its the version i controller. I opened it up and tested the battery but it was dead. I replaced the battery with one from a syma x5c and now it charges and works perfectly.
Regards
Brian____MM0BEF

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval