Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Curve Cable Cam Video

Ty Pilot

One Hexy Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
copperdawg.com
I know there are already videos on this subject, but we were photographing a property earlier this month and I was allowed to shoot video for my own purpose. I have been using this function (CCC) more and more, and once you get comfortable with it - it really begins to open up your possibilities. I spent the better part of a day and a half, planning, laying out and filming using CCC and thought I would make a video of it to share.

Last edited:
CCC is still underused on the H - if you want to focus on video control, or complex flight paths, it's a great tool.

Great video Ty. Well presented in every way, and I totally agree with what you, and Tuna have said about utilising the CCC feature. If you want to focus on the filming, then CCC is a fantastic resource to use.

I’ll be testing CCC capabilities over the next couple of weeks. It makes a great deal of sense for me when I don’t have a spotter with me on straight forward flights for documenting some of my personal projects (local parks, historic mills, etc.). I'm just a hobbyist with a photography background. Video production is new to me thanks to the H480.

Up until now I knew about CCC but haven't used it. Jeff Sebelius did a good job of showing how with his video but Patrick's video really caught my attention because of the more real world demo. This is my motivation to get out and give it a go.

Regards,
Ron

Reactions: pctyphoon
I
Great video Ty. Well presented in every way, and I totally agree with what you, and Tuna have said about utilising the CCC feature. If you want to focus on the filming, then CCC is a fantastic resource to use.

Thanks Arnhem, yeah it really does to allow you to be more of a camera operator, by lessening pilot load.

I’ll be testing CCC capabilities over the next couple of weeks. It makes a great deal of sense for me when I don’t have a spotter with me on straight forward flights for documenting some of my personal projects (local parks, historic mills, etc.). I'm just a hobbyist with a photography background. Video production is new to me thanks to the H480.

Up until now I knew about CCC but haven't used it. Jeff Sebelius did a good job of showing how with his video but Patrick's video really caught my attention because of the more real world demo. This is my motivation to get out and give it a go.

Regards,
Ron

Thanks Ron,

Couple things I did not mention in the video; after setting up that mission - I flew a test run, - eyes on the H with finger on exit button just to ensure the route cleared everything before filming. Also, you'll notice at the start, the initial motion; while towards the house is also descending slightly - this helps hide that "bump" to the camera when you first start moving. In fact, the camera was rotated about 110 degrees to the right of the nose when I started the video and the motion is almost seamless. CCC allows us to get multi dimensional shots since we don't have to fly where the camera is pointed, it really is like have a second crew member.

Can you give an example of how it is underused?:)

If you've ever tried flying the craft and directing the camera at the same time, you're underusing CCC.

Or if you've manually flown a long tracking shot that didn't fly quite straight.

Or all of your flights are simple straight line there-and-back.

Or if you've not considered mapping, or timelapse, or synchronising a flight to music.

Or you've not really planned a flight before you started filming.

It's a really useful creative and productive tool :)

Reactions: zandoli and rdonson
CCC is great! Trying to fly a mission smoothly while also controlling the camera is hard enough. CCC gives the added benefit of flying a perfect curved path and moving the camera smoothly from one position to the next. I have heard that the altitude of a CCC mission can be erratic but I have not had any major altitude fluctuations.

Reactions: zandoli

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop