Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Defective E90 and dealer can't help

Mountain View Enterprises
I spoke to Haydn the other week and he offered me some good advice and general support. He seems likes a good guy.
I'm certainly planning on sending future orders, spares, etc through him from now on. I'm based in New Zealand.
I suggest we all do business with him... Well, those of us who live in this region. The stronger he and his company is, the better he can represent and be a spokesperson for us with Yuneec.

Reactions: PatR and Haydn
What's the name of his business please and where in Aus is he based?

Hi Aaron24,
I'm in the Brisbane Area.
I can certainly try and help you with any questions you have.
You can contact me via PM or head to my webpage
www.mountainview.enterprises
For a link to my phone number.
I'm available 6 days (except Friday sunset to Saturday sunset.)
I look forward to hearing from you.
Haydn

hello all,
i also have problem with the e90 camera its does't show led turn ON when i power up the H520. i look the terminal at gimbal and the drone looks ok. also when i bind the H520 with st16s look okay but when i want to connect the drone does't show in select vehicle window. can anybody help me to solve this problem.

hello all,
i also have problem with the e90 camera its does't show led turn ON when i power up the H520. i look the terminal at gimbal and the drone looks ok. also when i bind the H520 with st16s look okay but when i want to connect the drone does't show in select vehicle window. can anybody help me to solve this problem.

Can you explain the problem again? I'm not very good in English but I try to understand what you say and it's impossible for me. You can tell us the steps you take to see if we can understand where the problem is so we can help you.

I was watching the 520 being flown last weekend.
Very nice !
We bought two H480s when they first came out.
One was perfect and one had a " toilet bowl " issue.
Yuneec replaced that after a few phone calls and re-checking calibration etc.
I have spoken to them a couple of times over the nearly two years we've had them.
Always excellent service.
We're on the south coast of the UK.
After reading this we'll wait a couple of months for the bugs to be sorted and then my wallet's coming out !
Lovely Hexacopter ! ! :)

Jim

Where are you mate in? With a name like Koala. I was wondering if you were down here like me.

I also thought that they have you a couple of extra dampners in the E90 box.
You can look at my first impressions post... See the photos on the dampners.
no I am in the states. I ended up changing the dampners - I found the ones packed with it. And Yuneec US sent me another set. So all good, thanks!

no I am in the states. I ended up changing the dampners - I found the ones packed with it. And Yuneec US sent me another set. So all good, thanks!

Solved the problem, it's good to hear it. Now fly that little guy and show us what he's capable of :D

Can you explain the problem again? I'm not very good in English but I try to understand what you say and it's impossible for me. You can tell us the steps you take to see if we can understand where the problem is so we can help you.

i new user in yuneec h520. I try to manual bind the st16s with h520 but it show 2 purple led blink. And the camera e90 doesn't turn on.

i new user in yuneec h520. I try to manual bind the st16s with h520 but it show 2 purple led blink. And the camera e90 doesn't turn on.

The manual bind is made when you do not have a camera connected. This is what makes it possible to use the H520 without a camera. You have to follow the normal procedure as explained in the manual and that way the camera works.

I have a problem with the e90 also. Yesterday I was able to connect the camera and I had the green light on the e90. Today, I didnt get the green light on the camera and couldnt connect to it with the controller. Any ideas?? The camera orients itself once on the H520 but the E90 wont connect to the controller.

Just joining this forum from Inspirepilots.com as just sold our Inspire 2, and cancelled by phantom pro 4 black order to look at the H520 - all im seeing is similar problems here as I did with DJI - is it because its been rushed out perhaps for Christmas ? This is an issue with this model or is it Yuneec in general, I have no prior experience with them?

I'm in the same boat as I just ordered my H520 with all 3 cameras, hard case and multiple batteries from Vertigo to the tune of $6,600. I decided to take the H520 over the DJI M210 for a number of reasons and now, after reading this I'm beginning to wonder if I had chosen a not so well thought out solution. Since this hasn't even shipped should I cancel the order and continue with DJI? Very nervous...

With the price of the M210... only the thermal camera 15000€. They're totally different leagues. If you want to take the same equivalent you could spend up to 45000€ on the M210.

I think you're not mistaken. What's the platform a little green? No doubt, but give it some time.

Most if not all of this will get sorted out. There’s several things in play, unfinished software, expansions in firmware, incomplete (but much better than usual) manuals, and users failing to follow directions as written in the current manual. There’s always a learning curve and this one is just starting. Look at it as the bottom floor of a high rise under construction.

I'm in the same boat as I just ordered my H520 with all 3 cameras, hard case and multiple batteries from Vertigo to the tune of $6,600. I decided to take the H520 over the DJI M210 for a number of reasons and now, after reading this I'm beginning to wonder if I had chosen a not so well thought out solution. Since this hasn't even shipped should I cancel the order and continue with DJI? Very nervous...
Hi:
Vertigo drones asked me to return a defective camera that I bought two days prior back to Yuneec!!. I told them basically that that was out of the question, since Yuneec told me it would be 3 weeks to get the camera back. So they agreed to send me a new one which I found to be good customer service, but it took some effort on my part which I didnt like. Not sure If I would go back to do business with them again.

Dealers are constrained by what manufacturers require. Vertigo gave you another camera out of their pocket with no assurance Yuneec will end up replacing it since they probably violated Yuneec’s policies in doing so. Only Yuneec can authorize an exchange. Vertigo did what they did to make a customer happy. Understand that Vertigo has priced the 520 lower than anyone so they make less per sale. Not too often will someone take a grand out of their pocket and give it away with no guarantee it will be returned. Unless Yuneec follows up they gave you their profit from the next 10 or so camera sales. Hopefully you feel much better for your rant against Vertigo but because of it the next guy that asks for similar may not get it.

Last edited:
Im not sure if you work for Vertigo drones or not, but I have to disagree with you. A defective item sold by Vertigo drones is not my problem. It should be sorted out between the dealer and the manufacturer..Especially when it was only a few days since I purchased it. How do I know that I wasnt purposely sold a defective item so the dealer could get it off their hands. That way I would have to deal with Yuneec and not the dealer...

Reactions: Haydn
DOA should be replaced by the dealer. Who then gets a retirement from the wholesaler.
Should not be an issue.
However after a week or so and it stops working then contacting Yuneec direct should be the way to go.
Here in Australia it is harder as there is no Yuneec Australia. It's just me.
However I have some resellers who I would expect to do the same and in your case it would have come back to me either way....
I would certainly be "our of pocket" for that camera, however I would fully expect Yuneec to swap out out for me.
Of course if no fault found then that's a different issue all together.

It all depends on the final consumer laws you have in your country. In mine (and others are similar), for example, you can proceed as follows:
  • In the first 14 days you can ask for a new one if the product has defects.
  • In the first 14 days you can cancel your purchase if it has been done remotely (for example online)
The warranty's a little different. It depends on the legally established and binding period and on the manufacturer's established period, which can never be less than the legal period.
  • Legal period of 2 years (in my country): The seller has to act as an intermediary between the buyer and the manufacturer. The customer sends the product with faults and the seller takes care of the whole process.
  • Extended period of more than 2 years (provided by the manufacturer): The customer has to manage it directly with the manufacturer.
Another issue is who pays for the shipment of the product. Normally the customer pays for the shipment to the distributor or manufacturer and the return shipment is paid for by the other party. As long as it is proven that the product is really damaged and that damage is covered by the warranty. If the product has a damage that is not covered by the warranty, the customer pays for shipping and labor cost or repair.

What's happening with Yuneec? or do I think so? First, they are sending the products very slowly. Second, that distributors in general, do not have the economic power to have 4 cameras or drones in the "air", it is a lot of money invested and dead while Yuneec determines whether to send a new one. It's not just having to wait 3 weeks, but then you get an extra product that you can't sell right away.

I just went through the same thing myself, a camera I thought was broken sent it to the dealer. He didn't have any new ones, he asked for them as he sold them. Luckily, he received an order for two new ones and he could prove to me that the same thing happened in all the cameras. I gave up sending the camera to Yuneec and wasted 3 weeks. I paid for the outward and return trip of the camera.

The important thing here is for everyone to look at the laws of their country. In principle, all salespeople do their best to make things easier for their customers so that they don't lose them. We also need to understand the situation they are in and come to an agreement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430