Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Factory Reconditioned Typhoon H Pro checkout?

Hi,
With both the ST-16 on and H Pro on and bound I hear a series of beeps from the drone if I move the right joystick in any direction prior to start up. Is this normal?
I'm suspecting that the system I received has non-defective parts from systems with problems and was never checked out as a system. I had several strange problems that I believe could have easily been corrected had I cleared the data as is done after a software update.
In case anyone has similar problems I'll list them, I tried everything that seemed logical to get the ST-16 to see the drone. Finally, after some fruitless discussion with Yuneek I pretty much gave up and was fooling around when I tried choosing an alternate controller arrangement and returned it to the default and discovered that the Model was now recognized . I tried to do a compass calibration and where every guide and YouTube video said to turn the drone 60 degrees Left after the initial lights go out I would have had to turn it to the Right. The only thing I could think of was that this drone was wired for the southern hemisphere. I gave up and was intending to call Yuneek Monday. I came across a software update video and on a hunch I cleared the data. Compass calibrated without a problem. As soon as I can find something out about the beeps I'm ready to start it up.
Prior to submitting this I just turned on the system and noticed that the camera failed to stabilize horizontally until I tilted and rotated the H around a bit. The drone was sitting on a shiny coffee table if that might have some effect. Does this sound like a problem?

The beeps are telling you a control is not centered, the drone can’t respond to the input because the props are not spinning, and is completely normal.

Don’t be moving the sticks when you arm the motors. You can end up with a face full of propellers. The system is warning you about a stick position with the beeps.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Cool! Thanks!

I have my charger, adapter cables, U3 rated SD card, and LiPo storage bag ordered and on their way. Yippee!!!

Took it up today and it flew fine. Discovered a locked gate at the area I wanted to fly. A $50 annual pass is required to drive in but you can walk uphill quite a ways without cost. I decided to strap on the pack and hoof it.
I wasn't looking forward to getting setup to fly but was surprised at how quick and easy it went. I wasn't sure what to expect when I first took off so I set the drone about 20 feet away before starting the engines. Started it up and was absolutely amazed at how quiet it was. Didn't do much other than fly about a bit. I tried to raise the landing gear but that didn't work at first. It worked later so I probably was too close to the ground or something. After yawing it kept moving very slowly in the same direction after I centered the stick but stopped after a tap in the other direction. Probably why they added those trim functions. The camera again had a tilted horizon but a quick right and left yaw fixed it. I started recording shortly after I took of and I may not have stopped recording after shutting down but the file wouldn't play. I did discover about 15 minutes of video when I was trying to calibrate the compass the day before. I went to Walmart and got a 64GB card. I did discover about 3 minutes of the flight in the controller. The new card was in the drone and formatted and the drone was turned off.
I turned on the obstacle avoidance and flew the drone directly at me and it started beeping when about 10 feet away. I didn't push it.
Now that I know that the drone isn't likely to go zooming away out of my control when I take off I can fly it in a much smaller area a lot closer to home.

Now that I know things basically work I've been checking further . Referring to page 19 of the modified user manual I see that on the right side of the ST16 that the OBS must be green to be enabled. Mine is always gray and says Disabled. I've checked with the drone inside and out (16 sats) but not while flying. In the System Setting / Other Settings I do have the "RealSense Module Installed checked. Guidance anyone?

By the way, I had the drone sitting outside by the street on a garbage can while checking. A car drove by and a woman glanced over and got on her phone. I'm wondering if she was calling someone about the Satanic Christmas decoration. Hmm...Red and green on the sides, white in the front, and red in the back. What does it all mean?

Last edited:
Now that I know things basically work I've been checking further . Referring to page 19 of the modified user manual I see that on the right side of the ST16 that the OBS must be green to be enabled. Mine is always gray and says Disabled. I've checked with the drone inside and out (16 sats) but not while flying. In the System Setting / Other Settings I do have the "RealSense Module Installed checked. Guidance anyone?

By the way, I had the drone sitting outside by the street on a garbage can while checking. A car drove by and a woman glanced over and got on her phone. I'm wondering if she was calling someone about the Satanic Christmas decoration. Hmm...Red and green on the sides, white in the front, and red in the back. What does it all mean?

Probably calling Homeland Security to report a garbage can toting drone being controlled by a domestic terrorist. :eek:

Now that I.m not afraid that the H is going to do something catastrophic when I take off I flew it from the street outside. I'm not sure what conditions had to be met but the OBS icon turned green when airborne and the RealSense seemed to work.
The landing gear seems to have a bit of a hitch in it's git along. When trying to raise it I could see it try to move but I had to toggle the switch a few times to get it up.
I'm going to check the video by removing the card from the camera and putting it in my PC. Is this the normal way of viewing it?

Now that I.m not afraid that the H is going to do something catastrophic when I take off I flew it from the street outside. I'm not sure what conditions had to be met but the OBS icon turned green when airborne and the RealSense seemed to work.
The landing gear seems to have a bit of a hitch in it's git along. When trying to raise it I could see it try to move but I had to toggle the switch a few times to get it up.
I'm going to check the video by removing the card from the camera and putting it in my PC. Is this the normal way of viewing it?

Yes, pull the SD card and use the PC to view (although you can use the CGO app on iOS devices and Android has a similar app with the card still in the camera).

To exercise the landing gear, remove the camera then power up the ST-16 then TH. Once they are connected flip the TH on its back and cycle the landing gear several times. It should work fine after that.

Yes, pull the SD card and use the PC to view (although you can use the CGO app on iOS devices and Android has a similar app with the card still in the camera).

To exercise the landing gear, remove the camera then power up the ST-16 then TH. Once they are connected flip the TH on its back and cycle the landing gear several times. It should work fine after that.
Gear worked flawlessly I'll check flying tomorrow. Thanks.
I installed the app, got on the network, saw the files but hung up downloading. I'll leave it installed and check it out after I get more of a handle on the H.

Gear worked flawlessly I'll check flying tomorrow. Thanks.
I installed the app, got on the network, saw the files but hung up downloading. I'll leave it installed and check it out after I get more of a handle on the H.

If you are doing 4K video, it may overwhelm your phone during download. I’m waiting on my U3 rated SD card before doing any 4K video. Unless we get some warmer weather without rain in Michigan, mine won’t be flown until I get to Florida. My 5 week old back surgery and winter weather don’t get along well.

If you are doing 4K video, it may overwhelm your phone during download. I’m waiting on my U3 rated SD card before doing any 4K video. Unless we get some warmer weather without rain in Michigan, mine won’t be flown until I get to Florida. My 5 week old back surgery and winter weather don’t get along well.

Hang in there, Doom. The legion awaits you!

Hang in there, Doom. The legion awaits you!

I seem to be healing well, yet muscles and nerves dislike being disturbed. Physical Therapy is going well, hoping to be back to about 90% by mid January.

My charger, LiPo bag and SD card should arrive today. Have to check on the adapter cables.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Hey Doom,
I've been wanting to wish you well but for the last few days our weather has been calm, cloudless, and in the mid 60s and I felt like a dick saying anything. At least it's overcast here today! I do hope that all goes well with you and you do have an opportunity to fly soon.
My Pro system locks up if I attempt a gimbal calibration. If I ignore the calibration and start up, the camera horizon is often tilted about 10 degrees and will even out if I move the H about in pitch and roll. While flying yesterday, if I yawed the tilt would return until I yawed a tad in the opposite direction. I have video of this and would like to save a few seconds of it so that I could demonstrate the problem to Yuneec. Do you know of a free and simple way I could do this?

You should be able to save the video to YouTube then send them the link, another option if you use gmail is to use Google Drive, upload it there then share using a shareable link. I use Google drive as it is more secure.

When you do a gimbal calibration be sure to do the accelerometer calibration first. Do both on a flat level surface and shutdown and reboot the TH and ST-16 after each calibration to see if that cures the problem. also make sure the pitch slider for the camera gimbal is centered (there will be a faint beep) before doing the gimbal calibration.

No offence would have been taken. My plight at this point is what it is. Although it took longer than expected due to delays beyond my control to get the surgery done. It will take a while to get back to normal, but it sure beats having my legs go to sleep after walking a hundred yards or standing in line at the checkout. The good thing is that I had it done before getting any permanent nerve damage.

Have fun flying!

Last edited:
Hi Doom,
For some reason I didn't get an email notifying me of your last reply. I was looking for a program to extract a few minutes of video from what I recorded yesterday. I have a Box account that I generally upload files to.
I located the freeware VSDC video editor that was absurdly simple to use once I realized that you set start and end points for the sections you want to remove, not what you want to save.

If you use Windows the photo/video viewer/editor will allow you to do simple edits like that also. I use it to grab frames from video for the Yuneec Pilot’s Picture Game in the Photos and Videos forum. It is a sticky thread there and is fun. Rules are in post #1 and latest challenge is near the last post of the thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech