Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fast drifting in ATI

Reaction score
In Gps mode, no problems, hoover ok . But in ATI ( no Gps), the H drift away like stupid. No wind at all but when I release my sticks, he out of control. What can I do?

Yes such like this but then I need NO wind at all.
Yep. To avoid drift when GPS is off you need absolutely no wind. The slightest of breeze will have an effect on any UAS. The bigger they are the more they will be affected since the bulk will act as a sail.

Actually it ain't that difficult to fly with GPS off. Yes you have to do a bit more work, but that's part of the fun...isn't it? I got to be quite good in atti mode flying a P2V+ which can be prone to loosing enough satellites and going into atti.

In Gps mode, no problems, hoover ok . But in ATI ( no Gps), the H drift away like stupid. No wind at all but when I release my sticks, he out of control. What can I do?
Do the accelerometer calibration on a level surface. Then set the H on level ground for your next flight. After you press the start button on the H, don't move it until you take off.
You should also check the sticks in Hardware Monitor to make sure they return to exactly zero at center stick.
If you still have a problem then update your post here.

Get the UAV Pilot simulator and use that in "GPS off" mode, to get used to the drift and necessary corrections... you can even set the wind speed as a parameter in the sim.

Reactions: renegade2
If you mean like this
it's normal.
thanks for that! appreciate you taking the time and possibly risking your bird! I will say that practicing with gps off is a great way to learn skills needed in case of a gps failure

I tried that but my problem was I was able to turn gps back on becuse of the pop up warnings ..

Clear the warnings by tapping the “Back” icon below the screen. It looks like a “U” laid on its side

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdvaikTasteofPurity