Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Test Flight

I just went up again and have lots of confusion. I had to repeatedly hit the Record button for it to show recording. I went way up 165ft. rotated again and then started to come down, I had to realign to my landing spot. As I hovered it was drifting in the little wind we have. as I landed I looked down and I think I saw "Compass Warning" but it vanished before I could confirm it. I also noticed the Record was stopped. So I brought everything in and put in the SD card in my computer and there is no video.
Here's a few ideas:
  • The Record button takes more than a quick tap. Press is deliberately and observe that the time starts counting-up at the top-center of the screen.
  • The SD card may have been inserted incorrectly. It's so small, I have difficulty inserting and removing it with my big fingers.
  • A couple of feet drift is expected with the GPS and compass system on the TH. More than that indicates a problem (see next item).
  • Have you done a righteous compass calibration away from anything that might cause compass deflections like reinforced concrete, metal buildings, cars, power lines, etc.?

I just went up again and have lots of confusion. I had to repeatedly hit the Record button for it to show recording. I went way up 165ft. rotated again and then started to come down, I had to realign to my landing spot. As I hovered it was drifting in the little wind we have. as I landed I looked down and I think I saw "Compass Warning" but it vanished before I could confirm it. I also noticed the Record was stopped. So I brought everything in and put in the SD card in my computer and there is no video.

You may have been starting and stopping the video recording without realizing it. After you press the button it takes a second or so for the indicator light to come on. Set it up on a table, boot up the radio and aircraft; when the camera connects, start recording by hitting the button once and see how long it take for the light to come on.

As for the compass flash, I see the orange light every now and again as I near the ground but it is brief and has caused no problems. I also; every now and again get a compass warning as I start the motors, but stopping them and restart usually leads to a event-less flight.

I am charging a battery. I did a test Record in my house and it is now recording. I do see the button is finicky. Yes I saw the Orange flash and thought that was a battery getting low. I also saw Orange when I powered the H up for the test Record. Is Orange meant for Low Battery and Compass Error?

I did a Compass Calibration 1 month ago that took a few tries, it was a bit sloppy, also Power lines are about 100 ft away, is that far enough?
Possibly not if they are high voltage lines. I sometimes use the smartphone compass to see if there is any uncertainty about north at that location.

Are you able to view anyone else's HD videos at 1080p or higher? If not, your internet connection is too slow and you'll have to move to the city!
What! Country folk in UK can't get high-speed internet?
Or the video card or monitor is incapable of playing anything higher than 720.

Reactions: Graham
What! Country folk in UK can't get high-speed internet?
Sadly, many can't. The big infrastructure provider, BT, washed their hands of large tracts of the countryside. Smaller fibre network providers are filling in a few gaps, slowly, but we remain embarrassingly a third world country in telecoms terms. Most HD TV content is delivered via satellite.

Looks good. Did you notice how rock steady it was hovering at altitude?

Yes, I wondered if it was still filming or had stalled. I still need to correct for my landing zone but it was a very good experience. I am not sure what happened on the 2nd flight but I can end the day with a positive feeling of advancing with the Typhoon H.

My HP Pavilion Desk Top is 6 years old now, I paid over a thousand for it, it was always fast. I did get a good Graphics card, mainly for flying on my Phoenix Simulator. I wonder if I can just upgrade the Video Card.

Sadly, many can't. The big infrastructure provider, BT, washed their hands of large tracts of the countryside. Smaller fibre network providers are filling in a few gaps, slowly, but we remain embarrassingly a third world country in telecoms terms. Most HD TV content is delivered via satellite.
Sorry to hear that my friend. I thought you were being funny about moving to the city... Fibreoptic networks are the way to go, though. If there is demand, the private providers will be there to fill it.

Computer looks good. Graphics may be from on-board chip. I would expect to see the graphics chip manufacturer listed such as nvidia or AMD. Have you tried to set the resolution higher? The monitor also has to support the higher resolution.
I will try to change some settings later.

Sorry to hear that my friend. I thought you were being funny about moving to the city... Fibreoptic networks are the way to go, though. If there is demand, the private providers will be there to fill it.
It was a joke - based on the not-at-all-funny state of the UK comms industry. How does it work in the US? I would have though it was even less economic to roll fibre out to many of the seriously remote homesteads in the west and north.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneIndiaPestControl