Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight Mode App Hack by Dronie!

Reaction score
Hello guy's as per the request of a member I've now moved this thread to it's own section as not to step on ERICS toes.

Recently I've had a lot of down time and I'm in the process of reverse engineering the Flight Mode App (App used to fly our Typhoon H). Today I asked several members to post changes they would like made to the app and have enough interest to invest the time into this project and perhaps piss off Yunnec a bit lol :p. Please add functions you would love to see. I'm almost positive yes intact positive I'm not suppose to be doing this but hey to **** with em they all copy each anyway.

Dronie

Just do the same as Litchi for DJI and you will be a hero.I am mainly interested in being able to plan missions with the copter on the ground. This is imperative for S/R and mapping, just like Arducopter. This business of having to fly to each way point to build a route is useless, don't know why they all do it. With my Arducopter, on Mission planner, I don't even have to have the drone powered up in order to plan a route. Also have the ability to do survey routes. Hope you can pull the off. Keep us posted.

Has anyone asked Yuneec directly about an api?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Just do the same as Litchi for DJI and you will be a hero.I am mainly interested in being able to plan missions with the copter on the ground. This is imperative for S/R and mapping, just like Arducopter. This business of having to fly to each way point to build a route is useless, don't know why they all do it. With my Arducopter, on Mission planner, I don't even have to have the drone powered up in order to plan a route. Also have the ability to do survey routes. Hope you can pull the off. Keep us posted.
Typhoon Charlie,
There is a thread in the forums that has link to an online CCC editor that will let you plan route and set camera angle at each waypoint. This is then uploaded to st16 and can be flown when on site.

Maybe a little off topic .... but sort of related .... Team mode via an app on your tablet/phone/etc to control the camera.

I actually submitted this to Yuneec a while back .... It would only take an upgrade of one of the current CGO3 apps that are already available to add the camera controls and you would have the perfect dedicated Camera Controller! That way you would have great options as to how to control the H and the camera .... depending on your requirements .... ST16/Wizard/App.

The response I got back from Yuneec was: "Great idea .... we will pass it on to our development engineers."

Haven't heard back from them since .... so I thought I would post here to see if anyone had any ideas.

Cheers :cool:

Alright guy's I've torn the entire Flight Mode app apart and looks like I'm really going need to roll my sleeves up! This is going to require a ton of work...it maybe easier to create an app similar to Litchi that works with our Typhoon H's. I'm a single coder, but with support from a few friends in different parts of the world this may work!

If I create this app however, because of the time and complexity of such a venture it will not be free....I now have a better understanding of how the Flight Mode app works in conjunction with the hardware and from the looks of it just about anything mentioned in the wants department is possible.

What I need from the members of this forum is a solid commitment that if an app like Litchi is created for the Typhoon H people will pay for it...further more I'd like to get a consensus on what my fellow flyer's would realistically pay for such an app.

Litchi is currently listed at $24.99 US and has 10,000 downloads. I don't need to make this app as expensive.

I'd pay, I'm not interested in a subscription though. Will this require some kind of "root" t implement?

Also, do you see a way to overlay a Google map since the network connection is tied up with controlling the telemetry?

Thanks

id pay providing the app was developed and didnt stay still

Mwfoshee,

Root access should not be required I do not want my fellow members to jacked around by Yuneec in the event something happen to a drone and it needs service. It will just depend on how the app is implemented.

The map overlay is possible, but is going to require a **** ton of tweaking! I'll keep you posted on what can be done. The ultimate goal is to insure the safety of our aircraft and have as many useful tools as possible.

I would like to see a dropdown menu is setup so we could select a different flight mode for the mode switch. AKA get rid of smart mode and have Manuel mode in its place. Currently to get to manual mode you have to turn off gps and at that point you loos all the safety function of RTH and position hold if you wanted it. This is how its done on most if not all other smart uav,s.

Jack

Hello,
great idea, I will encourage it and eventually be prone to pay it if the price range is what you are suggesting.
Well about the app itself it seems there is a bit of confusion about a flight planner and a full control app. Those are two very different things, the first being an almost easy task, while the second is a very complex, high end program. Do you have any experience on that last?
As a longtime drone (multirotors and fixed wings) firmware tester I'm prone to test something but my TH is not disposable.
I did hope that someone *really experienced* in flight controller firmware would eventually propose something more flexible than the original firmware.

I mean:
- max bank angle selectable (= max speed)
- a better yaw control, which actually is almost unuseful in what I meas to be a yaw control. First of all proportional, to be able to refine the flying path
- camera multiple shots, e.g. each 1, 2 ,5 seconds etc. Useful for mapping.
- camera will remember last settings after reboot and especially after wifi loss
- dark screen in case of wifi loss. Sometimes having the last good shot could lead to a delay, before the loss is perceived: very dangerous.
- panic condition. The copter will fly only stabilized without compass and everything that could lead to issues, in case of compass issues etc.
- obstacle avoidance with selectable trigger distance and even switchable, so only distance and warnigs are working. That could be useful while recording videos close to rocks, to know the exact distance, but could be dangerous if the avoidance is triggered and the copter flies backwards, if there are trees close at back (yes high risk task, but anyway ...)
- RTH selectable between absolute (copter return to takeoff point), or relative to controller, like now
- a clock! switchable

About flight planner would be nice to have:
- real WP navigation, with stops, trigger actions (take pictures, start/stop video, loiter, watch at ..., RTH, land etc.)
- what happens in case of control link loss: selectable between RTH and continue the mission (this could be a feature of the control firmware too)
- selectable speed
- simulator!

About camera, but that is probaly off topics here I would like a multiple exposure feature (bracketing) and eventually a HDR feature.

Will come with more as soon as I recall them.
Best regards,
Ric

If you could figure out how to have time lapse photos that would be great for mapping. And yes I would pay. Like they say, you build it they will come :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval