Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Freewell ND Filters for H Plus

Otherwise, you buy a quality ND filter and you stick it on the adapter ring supplied with the PLUS (here a ND4 which weighs 8 grs with the ring)
1536419362150.jpeg

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Otherwise, you buy a quality ND filter and you stick it on the adapter ring supplied with the PLUS (here a ND4 which weighs 8 grs with the ring)
View attachment 11269

Sorry,

Did not intend to hijack THIS thread. I’m talking about the E50. May have to start a new one just for that as I have yet to see much concrete info for the E50 that includes tidbits like size and suppliers.

The “search” will continue, including more searches here [forum].

Jeff

Sorry,

Did not intend to hijack THIS thread. I’m talking about the E50. May have to start a new one just for that as I have yet to see much concrete info for the E50 that includes tidbits like size and suppliers.

The “search” will continue, including more searches here [forum].

Jeff

Jeff, if you're searching for 30.5 filters I found these ND filters on B and H

Solid Neutral Density Filters | B&H Photo Video

One more here who is walking away from the current cluster F that Freewell CS is creating for themselves. :rolleyes:

Jeff, also use the chat feature on B&H... no website is going to have the complete catalog of a manufacturer online. I am in the midst of a ongoing chat with them while they confirm availability with the manufacturer I inquired about, (Gobe). When confirmed from them next week, I'll order a set of 4 ND filters... from 0.6 thru 1.5 Only 1 is currently listed onsite, the other 3 will be special ordered. If not available, I'll have to go with the higher priced Formatt Hitech series.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Finding filters for the 920 was much easier as the camera lens is marked with the diameter. Selection was a bit more difficult because of a higher number of possible candidates, and almost nobody publishes filter weights.

One more here who is walking away from the current cluster F that Freewell CS is creating for themselves. :rolleyes:

Jeff, also use the chat feature on B&H... no website is going to have the complete catalog of a manufacturer online. I am in the midst of a ongoing chat with them while they confirm availability with the manufacturer I inquired about, (Gobe). When confirmed from them next week, I'll order a set of 4 ND filters... from 0.6 thru 1.5 Only 1 is currently listed onsite, the other 3 will be special ordered. If not available, I'll have to go with the higher priced Formatt Hitech series.

Something to consider when ordering camera lens filters is, they, unlike the C23, have internal threads vs external, think male vs female. A camera lens filter has the female threads on it, whereas the threads on the C23 are the male threads and need a female threaded filter. I went through this process a couple of times when trying to find a replacement filter for the Freewell’s. This is why the Yuneec adapter ring works, because it’s a double female ring. This is of course a mute point if the opposite end (female side or front) of these filters are the same size.

Last edited:
From the photo sites that I've perused, despite it's fractional size, there are more choices in the 40.5mm filter size... I'm sure that factored heavily in the decision process of that adapter ring.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdonson
From the photo sites that I've perused, despite it's fractional size, there are more choices in the 40.5mm filter size... I'm sure that factored heavily in the decision process of that adapter ring.

Yes that’s correct, there are more choices with the 40.5mm. A downside to using the adapter ring is balance. The adapter ring with a 40.5mm filter tends to make th C23 nose heavy needing something to balance it out. Now I’m not sure how much stress is put on the gimbal with this out of balance effect but I would hope that Yuneec took that into consideration when they decided to include this adapter ring. Balancing the C23 should not be difficult by adding a small counterweight to the rear of the camera.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
For information, the filter which I stuck directly on the ring of adaptation weighs 8 grs and the original ring with its filter uv weighs 4 grs. This imbalance is not a priori annoying, and camera stabilization is not altered at all. We can easily balance, but I did not consider it necessary

The Freewell E90-compatible filters I ordered arrived today and they don't fit.

I remeasured the C23 mount diameter across the threads and the inner diameter of the UV filter Yuneec sent with the Typhoon. They are consistent with my previous measurements:

C23 outer thread diameter 39.25 mm
Filter inner thread diameter 38.92 mm

I measured the inner diameter of a couple of the Freewell filters: 38.64 mm

Interestingly, I found that I cannot fit the filter adapter that came with the Typhoon. I measured the smaller diameter of the adapter (the threads that should mate with the C23) and the measurements varied. I could chalk that up to poor technique, but I didn't have this kind of variability when I measured the filters. Some measurements were: 38.86, 39.24, 38.9, 38.7. Those adapter diameters were not arranged in a way that was consistent with a deformed adapter (oval/squashed). Granted, it's harder to make sure you're measuring across the inner diameter, and not slightly off to the side, but I didn't have that variability with the filters themselves so I don't think that variability is all measurement error. In any case, I tried carefully to thread the adapter onto the C23 mount, but every time the adapter seemed to be threading right, I would feel it start to bind and it was clearly about to go cross threaded, so I backed off.

Has anyone with a C23 measured their threads, or their Freewell filters that fit? For that matter, I'm interested in measurements of an E90 mount, since these filters are supposed to be compatible.

I'm going to copy/paste the above into support emails to Yuneec and Freewell, to see what their comments are.

Reactions: ECKEROTH
Hi guys,
Here is the update on my dealings with Freewell and my filters. I ordered Hybrid Freewell filters off of Amazon to see if they would fit. They fit perfectly. Also Freewell has agreed to make full refund on the filters that dont fit including paying for all shipping cost back to them . They are also stopping all sales on their website until they find out the issue.

Hi guys,
Here is the update on my dealings with Freewell and my filters. I ordered Hybrid Freewell filters off of Amazon to see if they would fit. They fit perfectly. Also Freewell has agreed to make full refund on the filters that dont fit including paying for all shipping cost back to them . They are also stopping all sales on their website until they find out the issue.

For those of you wondering , I Aiso reached out to Yuneec and they were kind enough to send me a new camera body so I could compare the threads with the threads on the Typhoon H-Plus body I have. They are exactly the same threads on both camera bodies ! ! ! My new filters fit both perfectly.

Freewell has now credited my Paypal account for a full refund. Thanks

For those of you wondering , I Aiso reached out to Yuneec and they were kind enough to send me a new camera body so I could compare the threads with the threads on the Typhoon H-Plus body I have. They are exactly the same threads on both camera bodies ! ! ! My new filters fit both perfectly.

Freewell has now credited my Paypal account for a full refund. Thanks

Part of the response I got from Freewell yesterday:

I did contact Yuneec China as well as Hong Kong team they responded to me they do not have this information probably they responded to you saying both are same becasue they are considering the adaptor as their filter ring not the way Freewell filters are mounted directly we infact offer them if we can send them our filters so they can help us check but they said they cannot , I have a dealer email who confirms with me that all filter is sitting nicely on E90 but they cannot fit on C23 which they received in 2nd lot in 1st lot it did fit perfectly that's the reason that dealer order large qty.

Apparently a dealer was able to fit the filters on the first batch but not in the second batch. Like EastsideDronehead, they told me they aren't selling those filters until the mess can get straightened out.

No response from Yuneec as yet.

Only slightly off topic, I wanted to mention I've had nothing but good experience with Freewell's customer service. In my experience they have always responded within 24 hours, and sometimes within just a few hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers