Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Freewell ND Filters for H Plus

Ty Pilot mentioned the Plus could become a popular product but I don’t see that happening unless Yuneec decides to start communicating with their customers and after market vendors. Yuneec has repeatedly demonstrated they are not capable of predicting and providing for customer needs and desires so after market vendors are crucial for delivering the accessories Yuneec fails to create and market. Yuneec cannot be an island and expect to survive.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I'm waiting for a response from Yuneec about the filter adapter that came with my H Plus. That adapter doesn't fit the mount.

Assuming they send a replacement adapter, and it fits, AND they don't ask me to send back the adapter I have, I will gladly mail it to someone who has a Freewell filter that fits their C23. I'm curious if the adapter would fit that C23 mount.

I'm waiting for a response from Yuneec about the filter adapter that came with my H Plus. That adapter doesn't fit the mount.

Assuming they send a replacement adapter, and it fits, AND they don't ask me to send back the adapter I have, I will gladly mail it to someone who has a Freewell filter that fits their C23. I'm curious if the adapter would fit that C23 mount.

@Dave21740 if you will send it me I will measure and check and send back to you in order to get to the bottom of this

Reactions: YuKay
@Dave21740 if you will send it me I will measure and check and send back to you in order to get to the bottom of this

That would be great. If you want to PM me your contact info, I will get it shipped to you this weekend. I have a spare filter case I can put it in for protection in transit.

Received the Adapter from @Dave21740 this afternoon and was able to compare it with mine. Upon visually inspecting his adapter next to mine it looked identical in every way. Upon measuring I did not see any significant difference. However I could not get his filter to thread onto my C23. I locked my micrometer on the inside face of Dave's adapter and when I turned it found that the adapter seemed out of round, just slightly. These are very fine threads and I suspect his Adapter is defective, bent or has some minor manufacturing defect that is just enough not to allow the threads to seat properly onto the camera.

So while this does not mean his camera lens base is different (ie Yuneec has put out different versions), it does make it less likely in my opinion.

Adap1.jpg

Adap2.jpg

Received the Adapter from @Dave21740 this afternoon and was able to compare it with mine. Upon visually inspecting his adapter next to mine it looked identical in every way. Upon measuring I did not see any significant difference. However I could not get his filter to thread onto my C23. I locked my micrometer on the inside face of Dave's adapter and when I turned it found that the adapter seemed out of round, just slightly. These are very fine threads and I suspect his Adapter is defective, bent or has some minor manufacturing defect that is just enough not to allow the threads to seat properly onto the camera.

So while this does not mean his camera lens base is different (ie Yuneec has put out different versions), it does make it less likely in my opinion.

Good work, Pat! I've kept in touch with Freewell, and they were aware of my non-fitting adapter. I think they will be interested in this result, so I'll point them to your post.

Reactions: ECKEROTH
Interesting to note that the E90/C23 filters are no longer listed on the Freewell site. They are still available on Amazon, and now an additional item I have not seen before, available both on Amazon and Terrestrial Imaging... a Hybrid 3 pack of ND4, ND8 and ND16:

E90/C23 Hybrid ND Pack

I can confirm that Freewell has ceased ALL Yuneec filters.
"My opinion"
I brought to Freewill early on that the adapters did not work on one of the H520 cameras, tis was right back at the beginning. I found that they worked on some but not all of the first batch that I was imported. After the report others started to get theirs all around the world and some complained and others didn't.
Freewell replaced ones that customers complained about and there was still issues.
While they didn't recall them as such they certainly replaced a lot. It seems that Yuneec had a different batch of E90 front surrounds that were a fraction smaller than the now in production level of build. Basically Yuneec stuffed up and Freewell paid for it. It looks like they have not been compensated for or worked with by Yuneec and they have simply decided to end affiliation with them. Very sad news for us.
I contacted them this past week to order in another 50 sets and they told me they no longer have them and won't be selling them.
If you can get them from Amazon and other places I would suggest to hurry up. Once they are gone thats it.
the other bad point is if you break one .... you are stuffed. they work well if they fit your C23 or E90 and are supper light.
Again this is my conspiracy theory only and not FACT...... however the proof is in the lack of filters :(

Reactions: thoneter
If all that set contains is a UV filter, a circular polarizer (that is useless for video, the vast majority of the time) and the only ND filter being ND4... I can certainly state that the set above is NOT what we need... not even close.

If all that set contains is a UV filter, a circular polarizer (that is useless for video, the vast majority of the time) and the only ND filter being ND4... I can certainly state that the set above is NOT what we need... not even close.

ND 4 on on the C23 is about as useful as the aux button on the controller.

Thanks for the thought.
As above not enough stops in the ND filter.
Also
If you use the step ring it causes the camera to me out of balance and the gimbal motors to work harder.

Well at the price it works great and fits perfect. The camera motor doesn't even stress with it on.

Does anyone know of any other brands that do a full range of 39mm ND.
I've just had my Pelican Cases built up with slots for 8 filters..... :(. I need something to fill the slots ;)

Hey Everyone,

This is a follow up on my last message , So one of the member from here @Dave21740 was kind enough to ship back the filter kit which he has purchased as he couldn't install on his C23 camera.

Here is the video of same based on the frame we did received from German dealer which speak for itself drone manufacture has change the thread & now we understand more clearly why they actually provide an adapter & not direct filter onto your camera., As making filter each time to match different thread will require them moq whereas adapter ring can be made even in small number.

Thanks everyone for support if you got any question please feel free to send us an email on [email protected]
Harry

Reactions: rdonson
So
Hey Everyone,

This is a follow up on my last message , So one of the member from here @Dave21740 was kind enough to ship back the filter kit which he has purchased as he couldn't install on his C23 camera.

Here is the video of same based on the frame we did received from German dealer which speak for itself drone manufacture has change the thread & now we understand more clearly why they actually provide an adapter & not direct filter onto your camera., As making filter each time to match different thread will require them moq whereas adapter ring can be made even in small number.

Thanks everyone for support if you got any question please feel free to send us an email on [email protected]
Harry
the big question is are you going to make filters again?
Using the 40.5mm thread instead?

We really need all the ND filters for the E90 and C23 as I have many customers asking for them.
Thanks
Haydn
Importer of Yuneec into Australia

Reactions: Pschitt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval