Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal Not Tilting or Panning

Reaction score
Recently went through calibration **** with the ST-16. Used the "secret" calibration menu and did a factory reset and finally have it and the Typhoon H working great again.

Unfortunately, now the gimbal won't tilt or pan when I input on K1 and K2. According to the Hardware Monitor they are fully functional. I know the gimbal motors are working because it stabilizes when the Typhoon H pitches and rolls. I am getting video signal to the ST-16 and able to record video/stills.

Any ideas? Maybe another factory reset?

Reactions: Freebird1
When you say got it working again, did you have an incident with the H?

When you say got it working again, did you have an incident with the H?

No, not really. The ST-16 had become uncalibrated so I had some drifting issues which I fixed via calibrating/factory reseting. I also recently had a quick landing that caused one of the gimbal dampers to come undone, but no apparent damage.

check if wire came loose on circuit board? most likely not but you never know.

Attachments

• DSC_0029.JPG
    10.8 MB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0034.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 19
check if wire came loose on circuit board? most likely not but you never know.

I really hope not, I can't solder! :oops: but if fiddling with the contacts doesn't produce anything that'll be the next thing I check.

Last edited:
Are all knobs and dials centered before calibration? I calibrated the camera but dial is full up and the knob is not centered. After calibration the camera settled on a 45 degree angle, and it won't tilt up and centered when flicked to follow mode.

Realized I may have made a mistake during calibration since hardware profile shows the dial is centered but it actually is all the way up. Calibrated the RC using the hidden menu, restarted the H, and made sure to center all dials and knob, calibrated the camera again. Camera righted itself up, and also corrected the consistent slow pan even if the knob is centered. Calibrated the RC again using the hidden menu.

Test it on the ground, camera should function perfectly to all control inputs. Remove camera, check all flight inputs are normal. For test flight, don't attach the camera yet. Keep her low at 5m max, perform basic maneuvers. If you're satisfied with how the H responds, then you can now fly with the camera on board. Good luck!

If all the gimbal controls are not centered at the start and end of the calibration processes the gimbal will be offset and align with the offset control function the next time it’s powered up and remain that way until calibrated correctly.

The slider and pan knob must be centered before starting calibration. Failing that the control position is recording the offset position as center. Since the function only has a limited range in degrees from both sides of center any offset will limit travel to one side of true center.

@Jon Mitchell
Did you get this resolved?
I just had the exact same issue. Found that the White wire at the top of the slip ring was broken. I lucked out and had enough slack in it to solder back together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis