Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Good News -> MAJOR Update for Typhoon H expected on January 1st

Yes, you are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And that coming from one that thinks the Typhoon H is the best hexa for the money. What else out there is there that has a 360 degree camera, controller with monitor and stability in high winds in the H's price range? But it does have some issues that need to be addressed IMO that shouldn't be difficult to fix.

We shouldn't have to jump from a reasonably priced H480 to a 520 priced in the stratosphere. I'm not griping about Yuneec, but I am concerned the H480 may be in the near future left out to die on the vine.

Reactions: dochalidy
I share your concerns. What makes the H so attractive is the price point for all the provided features. For the price of a 520 I've just discovered, in only one quick photo, that a 920+ with CGO-4 is a better camera platform than the 520 with the cameras it currently has available. Unfortunately three things make it unattractive for most, the price, which is pretty much the same as a full boat 520 package, it's not fast, and that Yuneec will be or has already discontinued it.

I find it difficult to believe some of the comments here; e.g. Firmware works fine??, I have no problems with the firmware???
If these are actual customers comments and not yuneec trolls I guess they have no need for the correct time being recorded on the ST16 recordings or the COG SSD and don't use the video recordings of the ST16 since both of the aspects are clearly broken.

A firmware update is not about adding new features, it's about fixing things which should never have been broken - ST16 can't retain the correct time even when manually input ??? GEEEEZ what morons.

Seriously?

My H has a lot of hours on it out in the dust and wind of the Southwest Desert. In the last year I have knocked off 2 cameras on bushes when flying 30+ mph 4 feet above the ground up trails with steep elevations.

Not many drones can get footage like this for the dollar. I could give a rat about the time on the controller, I don't use date stamps. And I don't care if a new update comes out because what is broke doesn't bother me.

Last edited:
Anyone trying to use stored ST-16 video just doesn't understand. There's little point in presenting down graded video for much of anything. You can fill an SD card with 4k video or limit yourself to 10 videos filled with 720p stuff. I have a saying I like to use; Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

Reactions: BeeRAD56
Anyone trying to use stored ST-16 video just doesn't understand. There's little point in presenting down graded video for much of anything. You can fill an SD card with 4k video or limit yourself to 10 videos filled with 720p stuff. I have a saying I like to use; Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

Only time I used the feed off my ST16 was when I knocked the camera off and the SD card did not record the footage. At 720P is was not usable even in my videos.

How do you guys determine the distance at which the transmitted video starts breaking up?
Guessing at it in real time?
You sure can't tell from what's recorded it's pixelated at 5'.
I guess nobody here wants to correlate their video with the T/M data, sure can't do it using the time marks.

I guess if your just into zipping around 5' off the ground wiping out cameras, these kind of details are beyond you.

Seriously?

My H has a lot of hours on it out in the dust and wind of the Southwest Desert. In the last year I have knocked off 2 cameras on bushes when flying 30+ mph 4 feet above the ground up trails with steep elevations.

Not many drones can get footage like this for the dollar. I could give a rat about the time on the controller, I don't use date stamps. And I don't care if a new update comes out because what is broke doesn't bother me.

Thank you for sharing!

I took my Typhoon H up for the first time the other day. I've had it since Amazon "Prime Day". New to the hobby, I took to this forum. I've learned a lot. It also had me questioning if I should even try flying it. I finally got the nerve up and went out. All I can say is, you will never forget your first time!

I want your Jeep! I miss my CJ7!!!

Thank you for sharing!

I took my Typhoon H up for the first time the other day. I've had it since Amazon "Prime Day". New to the hobby, I took to this forum. I've learned a lot. It also had me questioning if I should even try flying it. I finally got the nerve up and went out. All I can say is, you will never forget your first time!

I want your Jeep! I miss my CJ7!!!

Cool flying thingie ehh....?

Seriously?

Almost rippped it off at 1:06. Cool video

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt