Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GoPro Camera Vibration Noise on Typhoon G

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to this drone flying business and was lucky enough to win the TYPHOON G at a work function. However, I find there is a lot of vibration noise on the raw footage (See Video) taken with my GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition. Is this normal?

Plus I'm wondering if Yuneec have stopped providing the neck lanyard and MicroSD card in the box as I didn't get one?

You seem to have forgotten to post the video so with out seeing the actual footage its hard to tell what might be going on. Here are some suggestions, if the hero3+ has a Gyro stabilizer try turning it off. Double your shutter speed twice as fast as you FPS.
For example, when shooting at 25fps, your shutter speed should be 1/50 of a second. If your camera can shoot at 50 or 60 fps, your shutter speed should be 1/100 or 1/125 of a second. The reason for this 180-degree rule is because it helps us to record video that contains natural movement. If the shutter speed is too slow, you’ll get blurred movement, if you shoot at a shutter speed that’s too high, everyone in your scene will look like robots or as if they were recorded in stop motion.

Try using ND filters, they help cut down on jello.

Check the vibration balls on the gimbal. Make sure they are seated properly and one has not popped out.

Well that worked but most people upload to youtube and just copy and paste the video link into their message.

Well other then the prop noise it was hard to tell but the GoPro gimbal does not like light weighing cameras. If you fire up the Typhoon G without the camera in the gimbal it will vibrate like crazy. Perhaps your gimbal is out of balance. Try adding a coin or two and see if it goes away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval