Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Guide to Analyzing Breeze Cam FlightLogs - Your Data is Needed

So decided for the first time to look at flightlogs on my iPhone via iTunes.. some are truncated some are not is this something I need to call Yuneec about? Or just let be and continue flying happy?

Continue flying, but also let them know you are getting missing and truncated flight logs. I’m supposedly the only one to complain about it.

Continue flying, but also let them know you are getting missing and truncated flight logs. I’m supposedly the only one to complain about it.
K ill send a message to them... Also I read something about typically with a controller the problem arises. I'll test that with mine. Some files are a few bytes (usually truncated ones) and others Kilobytes usually a lot of data. keep yall posted

I have seen 3 cases in Breeze FlightLogs:
- whole flight in one file (as expected)
- a single flight distributed in two files. I can imagine that this happens if the connection was lost for a short period of time.
- truncated file, the second part of the FlightLog seems to be lost. No ides where is the other part.

Please let us know, what Yuneec service comments. Would be interesting.

br HE

I have seen 3 cases in Breeze FlightLogs:
- whole flight in one file (as expected)
- a single flight distributed in two files. I can imagine that this happens if the connection was lost for a short period of time.
- truncated file, the second part of the FlightLog seems to be lost. No ides where is the other part.

Please let us know, what Yuneec service comments. Would be interesting.

br HE

I have contacted US support several times on this matter and they claim I am the only one to ever report this.

I can verify that if WiFi is lost, you can have a flight that spans multiple FlightLog files. The truncated files that I get are most often from using the Bluetooth controller and never show the Breeze leaving the ground.

Using only the phone for control is no guarantee of having a FlightLog file created either. I have many flights with photos/videos to prove the Breeze was airborne without so much as a hint of a matching FlightLog file.

So please everyone, start checking your FlightLog files and report to Yuneec when there is a discrepancy. It is the only way they will ever possibly fix Breeze Cam.

Reactions: airborne
Hello All,
My flight log in the Breeze app lists 80 flights.
When i search for the BreezeCamLog folder by connecting my phone to the laptop and searching with Windows explorer, I find only 30 log files within it.
I have installed 'MyPhoneExplorer Client' in my phone and laptop (as suggested elsewhere), but that also only reveals 30 log files.
As for decoding the log file names, well that's a problem for another time!
The Breeze, however flies a treat. Flew to the top of a lighthouse a couple of days ago. about 35m up I think, but the flight log was sadly not available to confirm that!

Southernjessie,

If you using an Android device to run Breeze Cam, I believe you will find that the FlightLog files are named according to UTC date, time , and microseconds. You should be able to match them to video files using the same convention.

Thanks,
It is an android phone, but even allowing for UTC being different to British Summer Time, there still seems to be anomalies! and we are having a summer for once here in UK!

I am trying to catch up on this but I have (or SHOULD have) tons of data and flights as I flew mine for hundreds of flights before my job changed. I'll see what I can find.

Still delighted with my Breeze, it flies reliably and smoothly. Only one little crash (
).

The flight logs are another matter. According to the Breezecam app the flight log now lists 87 flights. However I have noticed that if you switch on your drone at home and bind it to the phone (mine is Android) just to check the flight settings and don't even power up the props, it will count this as a flight!

The flight logs are I think stored on my phone in a file called BreezeCamLog. But they don't seem to stay there. After perhaps one week they disappear and you are only left with more recent log records.

Does this happen to everyone or is this me doing something wrong? Are they moved elsewhere on the phone, or is it up to me to copy and save them elsewhere before they vanish. All comments gratefully received, thanks.

You are correct in that the Breeze Cam app should generate a FlightLog file each time it connects to the Breeze via WiFi. I have not seen the FlightLog folder purged of older files on my iPhones, but the Android version of the app may be different.

It may also be a setting in your phone that clears older data to make room.

Thanks for your thoughts, the phone isn't short of space and I can't see a setting that would delete week old files, but I'll carry on looking. Thanks again.

Thanks for your thoughts, the phone isn't short of space and I can't see a setting that would delete week old files, but I'll carry on looking. Thanks again.

I have a Fire 7 tablet that I have connected to the Breeze, and I have files from April through August on it. The video lags excessively, so I have never attempted flight with it. The log files do have a weird naming convention on the Android, but date and time are in the file header when opened in text reader.

Hi,
I fly two breezes with sony Xperia (Z1 and Z3) both smartphones operate on android. It happened to me that
  1. Logfiles were truncated (logged until lift off mostly)
  2. Logfiles were never generated
  3. Logfiles had missing lines/entries
But it never ever happened that a logfile just vanished. I use European firmware of different versions and the latest Breeze App on my phones. I also noticed that retrieving the logs with "My Phone Explorer" gives more consistent logs than compared with just downloading with pure Win10 means. Logs tend to be truncated when I just use Win10 copy/download

HTH

Thanks for your reply airborne. I have noticed in my life that computer related problems can often turn out to be my fault, but I don't think so in this case. I am watching what I do carefully. Thanks for your reply.

Southernjessie,

If you using an Android device to run Breeze Cam, I believe you will find that the FlightLog files are named according to UTC date, time , and microseconds. You should be able to match them to video files using the same convention.
My Android tablet pro

My Android tablet produced the missing log file after a crash once I pieced together the breeze enough to get communications going to the app. Too bad Yuneec could not develop a simulation mode just to write out the last log file so they can get the details on why their drones crash. Maybe there is still missing data but at least it looks like something happened to the satellite feed just before it's stage right - find the hardest thing to hit in this field mode. At least I got the log that shows the previous flight where it would not get more then fifteen feet of the ground even though it was set for maximum limits. I will definitely phone Yuneec before sending these in - once I get back from vacation. My pattern of flight was exactly as previously posted. Wish I could find why I was only limited in the previous flight to 15 feet as this did not show in the application. Wonder if uploading geolimits could be a problem.

If you were limited to 15 feet, you were most likely in GPS off mode or within 1 mile of a towered airport.

If you were limited to 15 feet, you were most likely in GPS off mode or within 1 mile of a towered airport.
That is what I will have to see from the logs as I had at least 10 satellites and a couple hundred miles from an airport. I have a feeling that the GPS module has issues.

In the Breeze log files, a GPS-Fix is indicated by a number with more than two digits in the colum "nsat". If there are only two digits, the GPS was not used no matter how many sats received.

br HE

That explains the previous (successful) flights lack of altitude. The next (crashed) flight had satellite readings of minus 112 etc. but many more records then the previous flight even though the previous flight lasted much longer. The previous flight had about ten seconds worth of records even thought it flew at least five minutes. Judging by voltage levels of the crashed flight, they are much lower then the previous flight and also lower then the subsequent test flight. This leaves me to believe that there may have been a problem with one of the propellers unfolding and the other motors trying to compensate. From the sound of the motor load I am leaning to this conclusion. I have been flying drones for several years but never a folding prop job.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval