Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H 480 Won't descend.

Of course, it's your choice!

Good luck!

Thanks to all of you for listening.
I have completed every test at this time. Complete factory reset of st16 controller. Completed all the calibrations for my typhoon H 480. Hot humid and windy today, wind gusts to 22 miles per hour. Launch the Drone up everything is perfect.
Except for one pilot error. I got in a hurry and did not secure one prop on.
Thank God for 6 Motors. I flew with five. I brought it down put the prop on
And it is a dream machine.
KK
No kidding I thought you might get a kick out of that. We all screw up occasionally.

Do
Thanks to all of you for listening.
I have completed every test at this time. Complete factory reset of st16 controller. Completed all the calibrations for my typhoon H 480. Hot humid and windy today, wind gusts to 22 miles per hour. Launch the Drone up everything is perfect.
Except for one pilot error. I got in a hurry and did not secure one prop on.
Thank God for 6 Motors. I flew with five. I brought it down put the prop on
And it is a dream machine.
KK
No kidding I thought you might get a kick out of that. We all screw up occasionally.
Done that before , forgot to put one prop on .

Waiting for cooler weather to get back flying ,99 here today with heat index 107 . Just to dang hot

Waiting for cooler weather to get back flying ,99 here today with heat index 107 . Just to dang hot

Wow that is hot too hot for me.
I might take mine in the backyard this evening for just a quick spin.
I am not sure if it was you or one of the other guys who mentioned the left stick. Possibly corroding up a bit, I do have some contact cleaner I will give it a shot if it starts acting up again.

Wow that is hot too hot for me.
I might take mine in the backyard this evening for just a quick spin.
I am not sure if it was you or one of the other guys who mentioned the left stick. Possibly corroding up a bit, I do have some contact cleaner I will give it a shot if it starts acting up again.

Check the hardware monitor first before cleaning (I believe you said you did look at the throttle values.)

I’m just saying “check right before cleaning” in case there is something to compare - before & after. Just a suggestion.

By the way, I had to chuckle at your misstep with one of your props. This, after you said you have all time time you need, yet you rushed it. The chuckle was all in good fun, of course!

Glad to read you were successful with your reloads and re-calls.

Jeff

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Check the hardware monitor first before cleaning (I believe you said you did look at the throttle values.)

I’m just saying “check right before cleaning” in case there is something to compare - before & after. Just a suggestion.

By the way, I had to chuckle at your misstep with one of your props. This, after you said you have all time time you need, yet you rushed it. The chuckle was all in good fun, of course!

Jeff

I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it because I did too. Yea crap Happens.
I will check the hardware monitor
This evening

Jeff

Hey Jeff
Go to YouTube and type in
KK Motion Pictures
Thanks yuneec

Don’t be lazy, provide a link, Keith

Sorry bout that.
Update on not Trustworthy.
Long story short, when I mess with the slider rabbit drone slider.
that's when I noticed the Drone wants to hang at a certain point and not come down. No problem, just leave it in rabbit mode. All comments are welcome. KK

From times when I've had this happen, it would occur if I initiated descent in turtle.
If you get your descent going in rabbit, you can then slow the rate by adjusting the wheel. I don't think it will bring the aircraft to a hover and not proceed, if descent is in progress.

That way you can still "flare" your landing... full on rabbit is going to be rough landing on a hard surface.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Didn’t I sort of mention using Rabbit for T/O and landing awhile back?;)

Yes you did mention Rabbit Mode.
it just seems funny why it would have that sort of glitch from rabbit to Turtle mode but whatever.

Yes you did mention Rabbit Mode.
it just seems funny why it would have that sort of glitch from rabbit to Turtle mode but whatever.

Keith, you either accept the fact that it exists when people tell you so or you go on your merry way and don't complain when you ignore their advice.

From times when I've had this happen, it would occur if I initiated descent in turtle.
If you get your descent going in rabbit, you can then slow the rate by adjusting the wheel. I don't think it will bring the aircraft to a hover and not proceed, if descent is in progress.

That way you can still "flare" your landing... full on rabbit is going to be rough landing on a hard surface.

I'm going to try this method just to see how it works. Too hot today but maybe this evening I will give it a shot.
Thanks. Keith

To be candid, the only times I’ll ever use speeds below full on Rabbit is during in flight film work. At any other time I’ve found lower speeds to be more of a hindrance than an assist. For landing, simply stopping the descent a foot or two above the ground to hover and stabilize for a moment permits anyone with a decent level of thumb dexterity to touch down for landing as soft or hard as they want to. Of course that presumes they are performing a manual landing and not dependent on RTH to land the aircraft. The process is applicable to both the H and 920, with both having the capability to touch down very gently with Rabbit speed selected via the slider.

One person in this thread has a wealth of problem posts encompassing a litany of subjects where he proceeded to do exactly what he was advised not to do before his problems occurred. Topping that he has a desire to fly long range, something he has demonstrated he is not qualified to try due to physical and system comprehension limitations. Perhaps it’s just stubbornness but the fact remains that situations that are easily avoidable are things he seeks out to challenge. It has become, at least for me, a waste of time trying to assist him because regardless of what he’s told by anyone he insists on acting to the contrary, and shortly thereafter starts another unreliable product thread induced by his failure to follow simple directions.

To be candid, the only times I’ll ever use speeds below full on Rabbit is during in flight film work. At any other time I’ve found lower speeds to be more of a hindrance than an assist. For landing, simply stopping the descent a foot or two above the ground to hover and stabilize for a moment permits anyone with a decent level of thumb dexterity to touch down for landing as soft or hard as they want to. Of course that presumes they are performing a manual landing and not dependent on RTH to land the aircraft. The process is applicable to both the H and 920, with both having the capability to touch down very gently with Rabbit speed selected via the slider.

One person in this thread has a wealth of problem posts encompassing a litany of subjects where he proceeded to do exactly what he was advised not to do before his problems occurred. Topping that he has a desire to fly long range, something he has demonstrated he is not qualified to try due to physical and system comprehension limitations. Perhaps it’s just stubbornness but the fact remains that situations that are easily avoidable are things he seeks out to challenge. It has become, at least for me, a waste of time trying to assist him because regardless of what he’s told by anyone he insists on acting to the contrary, and shortly thereafter starts another unreliable product thread induced by his failure to follow simple directions.

Hi. Eagles. Eye
You are correct in the soft Landing.
Lots of times if I am decending nicely I will hover at about 2 or 3 ft
Then use the red button to get a nice soft Landing. Have you flown much lately ?
Keith

My H's have been sold... I am waiting out initial growing pains on the Plus, before purchase.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex