Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H plus C23 filter thread, and other questions

To the question of using variable ND filters...the real problem I have with them, is that in fact they are not a true ND filter... it is 2 polarizers that are used together to produce a variable range of densities. As such, there is always going be a slight color shift as that density is changed. This is no better than buying different ND density filters from several manufacturers, in an effort to create a "set".

I understand that the differences are small and correctable in post, but I would rather have a set of ND filters from a single manufacturer, and only be dealing with the single intended variable... exposure.

Reactions: rdonson
Yeah, VND’s tend to be heavy and don’t have the true neutral optical quality as a dedicated....they can introduce moire into an image as well. For the reasons @Eagle's Eye Video states above.

I bought the Freewell Nd 32 polarized variable filter. Not impressed, It was blurry to a good 20% of the lens. Popped on my trusty polarpro ND16 and clear again. I just wish PolarPro made ND32 or 64 for H480. I will never buy Freewell again.

Learned that lesson almost 3 years ago after buying a set of Freewell filters. Only used them once before going with Polar Pro.

It is a shame that PolarPro has never come out with a set for the C23/E90, but if the numbers aren't there it's not worth the custom machining costs... of course if a single DJI model used 40.5mm filters this discussion would not exist.

Agreed, maybe if enough of us contact Gobe they will perhaps make the filters we need.

That would be a hard sell indeed... I had spent nearly a month in an intermittant chat with B&H Photo trying to see if they could be special ordered. Frankly, if a filter manufacturer already invested in the UAV sector like PolarPro, is not willing to come out with a set; it is extremely unlikely you could generate enough interest from a mainstream manufacturer like Gobe.

I found this set on aliexpress but it's hard to tell if they are made from glass.

Caenboo Filter Set
They are resin filters.

####

Feature

Neutral Density Filter(ND2 ND4 ND8)

Great for portraiture and outdoor scenes in strong sunlight.

Reduces the amount of light reaching the film without affecting the color.

Applies slow shutter speed under strong sunlight exposure.

Allows wider apertures, effectively decreasing depth of field.

ND2 reduces the intensity by one degree; ND4 reduces two, and ND8 three.

Made of high-quality Resin

Hi,

I got reply from Yuneec that I could fit any 40.5mm filter on the Typhoon H Plus as long as it weighs no more than 15 grams:

Unfortunately YUNEEC did not offer such filters.
I asked the colleagues from the technical service and they confirmed that by the inner thread at the C23 every filter with 40,5mm diameter should work on that camera as well.
The maximum weight of the filter is up to 15 grams.

Is this true? Has anyone tried 40.5mm filters or do you still need an adapter ring?

I found some links on AllieExpress, but I'm not sure if they fit on the Typhoon H Plus and what the weight of these are:

Is this true? Has anyone tried 40.5mm filters or do you still need an adapter ring?

I found some links on AllieExpress, but I'm not sure if they fit on the Typhoon H Plus and what the weight of these are:
You must use the adapter ring. The K & F variable ND filter is too heavy for the camera. I tried it.
I also tried these and they fit.

You must use the adapter ring. The K & F variable ND filter is too heavy for the camera. I tried it.
I also tried these and they fit.
Thanks for the info. Where did you get the adapter ring? Did you also trye ND16 or ND32 filters, or will they be to heavy?

Thanks for the info. Where did you get the adapter ring? Did you also trye ND16 or ND32 filters, or will they be to heavy?
The adapter is included in the misc parts box with the Plus and the 520. I have only seen the K&F filters with ND2, 8 and 16 in the 40.5mm size.

In doing recent research, I have discovered that the Formatt Hitech brand is no longer available in the 40.5 mm size. You have these alternatives:

When I initially looked into C23 filters, Gobe had only one choice in the 40.5mm size at that time... the ND 0.9. Now they have two different sets... one set with 3 filters of ND 0.9, 1.8 and 3.0 (3, 6 or 10 f-stops). The second set now available has 5 filters of ND 0.3, 0.6, 0.9, 1.8 and 3.0 (1, 2, 3, 6 or 10 f-stops)... barely more usable.

The other brand option is Heliopan... they have individual filter choices in 0.3, 0.6, 0.9, 1.2, 1.5, 1.8, 2.0 and 3.0 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6.6 and 10 f-stops).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace