Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Inspection Use

Having used my H 480 for inspecting Ham radio towers, Yuneec needs to come up with a camera that has about a 5X zoom on it.

One of several reasons I just bought a 920 instead of a 520. The CGO-4 has a 16mpxl camera using a 1" sensor and a 3X zoom. As for Yuneec and more cameras, if they don't step up in their product development pretty quick they might as well bag it. The Great Pumpkin will not by itself keep the doors of the multirotor division open.

Great information. The E50 has the longer focal length lens and looks to do as you describe. Not sure what the equivalent zoom factor is over the E90 or original CG03+ 2X...3X...?? Anyone know? An earlier video post comparing the E90/50 cameras was good, but I have not seen one with the E90 and E50 at the same distance from a tower or other inspection type object, may have just missed it if available.

The answer is ~4x. Essentially the same as a Peau 8mm lens on a CGO-3.

I requested a side by side shoot of the two cameras, both here and with Yuneec, about 3 weeks or a month ago. Although the word here was they would be done by the following weekend they never materialized. Yuneec never replied.

Reactions: ArltTech
The answer is ~4x. Essentially the same as a Peau 8mm lens on a CGO-3.

I requested a side by side shoot of the two cameras, both here and with Yuneec, about 3 weeks or a month ago. Although the word here was they would be done by the following weekend they never materialized. Yuneec never replied.
What do you want to see in the comparison that terrestrial imaging hasn't done?

Here is what a side by side should be, you don't even have to fly.
Set the 480H and 520H together each facing east then west then north, and then south. Snap pictures at the same time and do at least 30 seconds of video of each direction. Do not fly the drone. This gives us exactly the same moment of space, time and sun capture for the cameras. Can you set it up on a table looking out at what ever scenic views?
Much obliged:)

Reactions: Haydn
What do you want to see in the comparison that terrestrial imaging hasn't done?

Had Terrestrial been able to do their comparisons a bit earlier it might have made a difference in my decision. The problem was that Terrestrial was not whom I requested the comparisons from, and several people mentioned the comparisons would be performed the weekend following my request. That didn't happen and comparative images languished until Terrestrial grabbed the reigns. I have to say, here in the U.S. I think Terrestrial Imaging holds the high ground in actively flying the systems they handle in order to expand customer knowledge. It's because of their system knowledge, willingness to spend time with the customer, and quick customer response, that I made the 920 purchase through them and not elsewhere.

I hope Yuneec is paying attention. Everything I just mentioned references customer service. Great customer service.

Hello @ all,

I also did some sightseeing flights with the H520.
At first only with the E90 but in good wind.
I noticed that the E90 is also great for inspecting.
If you can fly close to the object, you can work off a lot of stuff with the E90 in my opinion.
If you can not fly as close as I can in the video, then the E50 recommends itself with your focal length.

greeting
FanThoMass

------------------------------------------------------------
German translation:

Hallo @all,

ich habe ebenfalls bereits Inspectionsflüge mit dem H520 durchgeführt.
Zunächst nur mit der E90 aber dafür bei gutem Wind.
Ich habe dabei festgestellt, dass sich auch die E90 super zum inspizieren eignet.
Wenn man nah an das Objekt fliegen kann, kann man meiner Meinung nach sehr viele Aufgaben mit der E90 abarbeiten.
Wenn man nicht so nah heranfliegen kann, wie ich im Video, dann empfiehlt sich die E50 mit Ihrer Brennweite.

Gruß
FanThoMass

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio