Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help! J1 not responding fully

The last quote for time was an hour off. I was looking at a clock that was still on daylight savings time. It should have stated 9:50AM.

Thanks
I will use all your relevant input with the technician. Guess we have a major time difference as I’m in north Europe:)
Thanks again and I will for certain let you know the progress in this.
I really appreciate your engagement. Amazing.
The last quote for time was an hour off. I was looking at a clock that was still on daylight savings time. It should have stated 9:50AM.

Hi again
Yes. It seems to be 6hour difference. I’m ahead of your time. (In a Nordic darkness for the time being)
Well.
Status: We have reached the conclusion to order a new “stick set “ (see picture)
This will take some time but hopefully solves the issue. At least this is the conclusion of the technician.
I will keep you in the loop to let you know if I’m up flying again :).
Again. Really grateful for all your support. There is hope among the people.

Attachments

• 2442221F-3273-4292-8899-8C20EB8E0F78.jpeg
    2442221F-3273-4292-8899-8C20EB8E0F78.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 4
This may help your technician in diagnosing the control gimbal.

Attachments

• Control Stick Gimbal Maintenance.pdf
    230.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Love
Reactions: WTFDproject
I would have at least tried some contact cleaner and stirred the stick around to see if it would fix it.
But yes, changing out the gimbal assembly and calibrating the new pots to the controller will also fix the problem. It just takes more time, money and effort.

I would have at least tried some contact cleaner and stirred the stick around to see if it would fix it.
But yes, changing out the gimbal assembly and calibrating the new pots to the controller will also fix the problem. It just takes more time, money and effort.
Thank you for responding. The technician put some effort into trying contact cleaner. Unfortunately didn’t help.
Im happy to wait if you believe this will be a positive outcome.
Thanks again.
Most of all I’m happy to have found this excellent forum and your helpfulness

Reactions: WTFDproject
This may help your technician in diagnosing the control gimbal.
With permission from @DoomMeister, these instructions have been added as new Attachment 40 (Control Stick Gimbal Maintenance) to the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project. This contribution is greatly appreciated. It will serve well for explaining this process in the future.

Reactions: Gurrago
This vid from YouTube explains it all. If your sticks are sluggish or not showing 100% you have to clean them with contact cleaner. You can open it up or try from the outside but it is pretty easy to do. Any hardware or hobby shop will have the cleaner. I opened up my St16 to do it and solved my it 100% problem.
Cheers.

This vid from YouTube explains it all. If your sticks are sluggish or not showing 100% you have to clean them with contact cleaner. You can open it up or try from the outside but it is pretty easy to do. Any hardware or hobby shop will have the cleaner. I opened up my St16 to do it and solved my it 100% problem.
Cheers.
Hi Mikieh
Thank you for taking time to reply. Appreciated.
my technician opened the ST16 up, cleaned and used the correct cleaner for electrical etc.
however this didn’t solve the problem. He thinks that there was something with the stick. Therefore order a new stick assembly. (About 25USD)
I will post if this solved my problems.
Again, thanks for your tips. I believe that’s an accurate way to to anyway like a maintenance on regular basis.
mall good feom a snowy Sweden.

Hi Mikieh
Thank you for taking time to reply. Appreciated.
my technician opened the ST16 up, cleaned and used the correct cleaner for electrical etc.
however this didn’t solve the problem. He thinks that there was something with the stick. Therefore order a new stick assembly. (About 25USD)
I will post if this solved my problems.
Again, thanks for your tips. I believe that’s an accurate way to to anyway like a maintenance on regular basis.
mall good feom a snowy Sweden.
All good from a snowy Sweden (?)

Hi guys. Just wanted to send an update. The ST16 is now up and running again now with a renovated, Gimble stick assembly kit. All data seems perfect. Can’t wait to get out flying again. Charged for an hour technician job and about 40USD for the kit.
Thanks again to all of you for all relevant help.

Yes, try rebinding the camera first.

If you are not seeing the camera when you refresh in the bind menu then it is time to isolate if it is the ST16 or the camera.

For the camera attach it to the TH and power on the aircraft. Watch the LED on the top front of the camera. It should be white at power on, then turn red, then after several seconds it should start flashing green. At this point it is broadcasting its SSID and you should be able to connect to it with your smart phone or computer via 5.8 GHz WiFi. Once connected the LED will turn solid green.

For the ST16 go into Pad then pull down from the top right of the screen and select the WiFi icon. In the list that shows up of the WiFi Access Points select one that is a known 5.8 GHz WiFi (the CGO3+ will suffice) and connect to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss