Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hey guys, Dji phantom 3 standard owner just bought the H Pro.

Reaction score
Just picked up the Typhoon h pro with intel real sense from Adorama. Should be here friday. I know some of you are in both camps, I love my phantom 3 standard but for what I was looking for in my next bird, the Typhoon just had everything I wanted. Anyone have any advice for me? Is the flying characteristics of the two that different? I am not a range ***** but I will want to mod it for more reliable range. I have the DBS mod for my phantom 3 and it absolutely made a difference. Anyhow, kinda excited to be here and will be flying it Friday weather permitting.

Honestly, I have no desire to go that far. I just liked the solid feel the DBS mod brought to my 3s (which does not have much range stock).

Honestly, I have no desire to go that far. I just liked the solid feel the DBS mod brought to my 3s (which does not have much range stock).

Going that far was not fun. As long as your pointed at it you should be fine stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My advice is to read thru the manual and look at all captain drone videos on YouTube.

It's a great bird but it's ground station is very advanced and leave little to no room for error.

Also first flight stick to angle mode. It will be more like the phantom for flying

My advice is burn through the first or second battery just practicing maneuvers in angle mode in an area that is relatively close and without obstacles. Also, get used to pointing/rotating the camera using the different switches and controls. After you feel comfortable with using the ST16, the controls, and the way the H responds, then you can take it out a bit and capture some good Video. I recommend that you record during all of this so you can go back and review how you did.

Thanks guys. It will be here Friday and I will try and get some flying in this weekend if it gets above 45. Looking forward to it.

Thanks guys. It will be here Friday and I will try and get some flying in this weekend if it gets above 45. Looking forward to it.

It's 4 here sooooo

Just picked up the Typhoon h pro with intel real sense from Adorama. Should be here friday. I know some of you are in both camps, I love my phantom 3 standard but for what I was looking for in my next bird, the Typhoon just had everything I wanted. Anyone have any advice for me? Is the flying characteristics of the two that different? I am not a range ***** but I will want to mod it for more reliable range. I have the DBS mod for my phantom 3 and it absolutely made a difference. Anyhow, kinda excited to be here and will be flying it Friday weather permitting.
ok sounds cool
i was drifting back and forth between DJI Phantom 3 Pro and Yuneec Typhoon H and eventually voted for Yuneec. And I am happy with it, and would love to buy a DJI drone next.

I had a P3S and a P3A prior to and when I got my Typhoon H. Flight control-wise, no difference. The biggest adjustment for me was familiarizing myself with the GUIs and the functions of the remotes/controller; how to perform the calibrations, and the different warnings. Since you've already had a drone, you probably have a good start in understanding and are probably familiar with the basics.

A few differences of note;

Where the DJI GO app tells you your home point has been set, the ST-16 does not. As a matter of fact the ST-16 does not talk to you. It vibrates and/or flashes messages on the screen. Can be a bit of a pain sometimes as it will vibrate or beep and you are searching the screen to see exactly what its trying to tell you.

Also the "green arrow" on the ST-16... unlike the DJI Go app which shows you on the mini-map the orientation of the drone and its position in relation to your location, the green arrow simply points in your direction (where the ST-16 is). So simply pushing the right stick in the direction the arrow is pointing will bring the TH back to you.

DJI's default setting for "home point" is the location where it took off. For the Typhoon H its the location of the remote. So where ever the remote is, is the home point or where it will return to if RTH is initiated. I "believe" it can be set to a location. I've not done this so I can't recall. I'm sure someone will chime in...

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It has alot of really great features for AP...

Just go slow and learn what you have well before changing anything. If you develop a wild hare to go and make changes within the system settings, make a model copy first and make your changes to that and not the original.

Reactions: yerrickl
I had all the extra range stuff lined up to purchase prior to receiving my H, but the truth is, I seldom take it very far from me at all. I use it in video productions. For my needs, the stock antenna has been just fine. Only once in 50 flights did I lose video telemetry. I hit return to home and poof there it was.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49