Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hi guys.

Reaction score
You all know how the H 480 stops about 3 ft off the ground when decending without landing gear in the down position to avoid crushing.
Today I found the H+ does not stop, is this normal?
Or did i miss something???

I will try on the week end to verify. I initially liked the 480 stopping the descent when the gear was up; however, it became buggy and at points would not descend with the gear up from 50', 100' and more. I believe the code across the flight controller and ST16+ is new so that 'feature' may not have yet been implemented.

I will try on the week end to verify. I initially liked the 480 stopping the descent when the gear was up; however, it became buggy and at points would not descend with the gear up from 50', 100' and more. I believe the code across the flight controller and ST16+ is new so that 'feature' may not have yet been implemented.
That's a potential flaw right there.
Question is, can we file a claim in case of an accident??

Why would you knowingly land the H with the gears up? If you know it's a problem, then hand catch it.

Last edited:
You all know how the H 480 stops about 3 ft off the ground when decending without landing gear in the down position to avoid crushing.

My 480 will descend below 3 feet with gear up and so does my Plus. Not sure I would want it any other way as I tend to like to have control over such things.

I’ve only seen that behavior on H with Real Sense and RealSense activated in the ST16.

Why would you knowingly land the H with the gears up? If you know it's a problem, then hand catch it.
I didn't land it.
It was a testing I did as part of getting to know it and its behavior.
Imagine if this would have happened when not in line of site

You land a plane with the gear up and your license will likely get suspended and have to go for re-training. As fas as I know only a RealSense version with prevent a gear up landing, a standard H can be driven into the ground any time a dumb operator wants to do it.

If someone lands an aircraft with the gear up because they forgot to lower it, is that an accident or something to be blamed on the pilot? My vote goes to a pilot issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: biltno
You land a plane with the gear up and your license will likely get suspended and have to go for re-training. As fas as I know only a RealSense version with prevent a gear up landing, a standard H can be driven into the ground any time a dumb operator wants to do it.

If someone lands an aircraft with the gear up because they forgot to lower it, is that an accident or something to be blamed on the pilot? My vote goes to a pilot issue.
In the real world accidents due happen that's why we have training programs mr perfect.

And for the sake of this blog.
It's the H+ with the real sense that I'm talking about.

That's a potential flaw right there.
Question is, can we file a claim in case of an accident??
The reason I wrote my response the way I did, is the question you posted.
The potential flaw is the Pilot. No excuse!

And for the sake of this blog.
It's the H+ with the real sense that I'm talking about.
I agree that blasting you with a response makes it hard for newbies to make posts here but at the same time you're doing non-newbie testing and not giving us the details needed to give you an appropriate response with accurate replies.

I agree that blasting you with a response makes it hard for newbies to make posts here but at the same time you're doing non-newbie testing and not giving us the details needed to give you an appropriate response with accurate replies.
I think what you missed in the question is the question itself.
I never said I wanted to land it, I said I was gonna bring it down with in 3 feet off the ground.
I dont know about you, but I'm not in the habit of playing this kind a game with this kind of machines.
The question still remain.
I haven't had the time to check it yet, but I did come up with an idea on how to prevent it from getting lower without the landing gear in the down position.
I'll post the results as soon as I tested it.

I think what you missed in the question is the question itself.
I never said I wanted to land it, I said I was gonna bring it down with in 3 feet off the ground.
I dont know about you, but I'm not in the habit of playing this kind a game with this kind of machines.
The question still remain.
I haven't had the time to check it yet, but I did come up with an idea on how to prevent it from getting lower without the landing gear in the down position.
I'll post the results as soon as I tested it.
You inferred that a claim may need to be filed because 1 drone stops at 3 feet and the other does not. This isn't a question for me to understand or not as it was posed rhetorically.

Is it you that thinks I'm assuming!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polenutrition