Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Horror typhoon h

Drewster, I had a similar experience with YTH #2. It had a compass calibration before even being flown and was not in Smart mode, just did not want to come down and finally just kept holding throttle down and it slowly came down and I had to kill power as quick as I could when touching down because it did not want to stay there. I have a thread about it (something like the lines "I almost just crashed!"). I did another compass calibration after that ("just in case") and have never had that happen again in the subsequent 20 or so flights. Tim from Yuneec reached out to me after seeing my post to find out if I was still having issues as he wanted an engineer to look into it but it never happened again. There can be lots of guesses as to why happened but they are just that, guesses. I think sometimes these things are possessed, but that's just me! ;)
Add to your to do list ! Sprinkle you H with Holy Water ! Schedule a Priest to come over before first flight and Bless it!;)

Hey all - looking into this further there is no reason to believe Roger Kenny is a troll. It is possible that a new member has a legitimate issue with the H. Instead of calling someone out publically please report the post and we'll look into it.

Continuing to call out trolls without any evidence will get you warned and possibly banned from the site for not following the community rules. We are not interested in running off users who might have legitimate concerns with the H.

Last edited:
Drewster, I had a similar experience with YTH #2. It had a compass calibration before even being flown and was not in Smart mode, just did not want to come down and finally just kept holding throttle down and it slowly came down and I had to kill power as quick as I could when touching down because it did not want to stay there. I have a thread about it (something like the lines "I almost just crashed!"). I did another compass calibration after that ("just in case") and have never had that happen again in the subsequent 20 or so flights. Tim from Yuneec reached out to me after seeing my post to find out if I was still having issues as he wanted an engineer to look into it but it never happened again. There can be lots of guesses as to why happened but they are just that, guesses. I think sometimes these things are possessed, but that's just me! ;)
My short lived Typhoon acted in a similar fashion. I chalked it up to a defective battery, but it could be any number of things all happening at once (the perfect storm).

I also seem to be the only guy who received a defective camera with my H (all video had blue and white dancing dots running through it). Here I am, a photographer/videographer and I get the unit with the bum camera. What are the odds! :)

My short lived Typhoon acted in a similar fashion. I chalked it up to a defective battery, but it could be any number of things all happening at once (the perfect storm).

I also seem to be the only guy who received a defective camera with my H (all video had blue and white dancing dots running through it). Here I am, a photographer/videographer and I get the unit with the bum camera. What are the odds! :)
One in a Million, But being a versed photographer, you are probably the only one who may have noticed this so far!

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
I just can't believe so many rush out and buy NEW unproven toys. You should all know anything new will be full of BUGS. I am wateing to see witch one. (X star or H) will come out ahead. Plus the price will go down in 6 mounts too.But in 6 months they will be outdated anyway.

I

I think all such a claims which result in loss of UAV MUST be posted only after contacting to manufacturer or dealer or providing some kind of footage otherwise should be considered as trolling.
This is mine 2c and that's how I feel about.
If I had such incident, I wouldn't be jumping on the forum and start winging ( I would be angry, **** yes) but all my anger I would divert to the dealer in my case and only after I may share this on the forum.
Some people work and can't be on here 24/7 the guy lost he H give him a break with Kenny Rodger get a life

Reactions: DroneClone
Never stated what he did was right or wrong, but I hold a different view, 'Innocent, till Proven Guilty" Yes he should have shown a video/flight log. But Sometimes with a fly away and he being new to drones, I am sure he had no clue how to extract that information. And sometimes us Ole Farts, act before we think!
If he can not find the H how can he get the card out of it and post the video. you guys need to get a clue and quit ragging on him

I just can't believe so many rush out and buy NEW unproven toys. You should all know anything new will be full of BUGS. I am wateing to see witch one. (X star or H) will come out ahead. Plus the price will go down in 6 mounts too.But in 6 months they will be outdated anyway.
Yeah and in 6 months there'll be another all singing and dancin newcomer drone - I can see you waiting for many years to come. good luck with that!!

If he can not find the H how can he get the card out of it and post the video. you guys need to get a clue and quit ragging on him
The poor guys has long been gone, and rightly so. I would have left too! Hope Yuneec compensated him for his loss! One thing though, is you can extract your flight logs from the ST16, but no one gave him the time of day to let him do it!

Reactions: BFD400
The poor guys has long been gone, and rightly so. I would have left too! Hope Yuneec compensated him for his loss! One thing though, is you can extract your flight logs from the ST16, but no one gave him the time of day to let him do it!
This site is for helping people and not for running them off. S*** happens, hope this doesn't happen to these guy that are giving him S*** Then the shoe will be on the other foot

Last edited:

No he price will go up.
I have been informed by Yuneec Europe that the price of the Pro version will go up before it is going to be available.
The pro version is the one with the realsense module, 2 batts and de backpack.

/\/\ax2206

Did you reseated the camera, a lot of problems are corrected this way

/\/\ax2206

No he price will go up.
I have been informed by Yuneec Europe that the price of the Pro version will go up before it is going to be available.
The pro version is the one with the realsense module, 2 batts and de backpack.

/\/\ax2206
It will have even BIGGER BUGS.

One in a Million, But being a versed photographer, you are probably the only one who may have noticed this so far!
Thanks DC. My 'dancing dots' on the video were really apparent. The camera had a nice focus though, but it also suffered from the exposure changes from light to dark (reminded me of how the Phantom 2 vision+ handled different lighting changes).

i saw your post that it was repaired....thats good...hope it gets back to you with all problems resolved...i believe that you only had it a day or two when it crashed? i would have expected yuneec to have given you a new one at a much faster timeframe....

Did you reseated the camera, a lot of problems are corrected this way

/\/\ax2206

I removed, reinstalled the camera. I did the camera reset. I tried different resolutions and white balance and exposure. I tried different micro SD cards. The dancing dots were there to stay.

Strange thing was that the first night I had it, after noticing the dots, I did all the camera resets, removed/reinstalled the camera, then turned the Typhoon on and walked around the house in different lighting conditions at night while filming with the 'H', from bright to dark rooms. When I watched the video, I didn't notice any dancing dots. The next day when I filmed outside, they were there. They appear whenever there is a bright sun lite area and a darker area in the same shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430