Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To: Access Telemetry Data on ST16

The ST-16 runs Android 4.4, so you need apps that can run reliably on older versions of Android.

The Android install doesn't currently support Google Play which means that if you try to run apps that rely on Google services (such as Adverts, cloud storage, maps) they may crash or behave badly. I get the impression Yuneec are working on this, but getting custom hardware certified for Google is complicated and expensive.

Cleanly written apps should run fine, but a lot of app developers assume you're running on the latest and greatest hardware.

• Sad
Reactions: AussieCate
The ST-16 runs Android 4.4, so you need apps that can run reliably on older versions of Android.

The Android install doesn't currently support Google Play which means that if you try to run apps that rely on Google services (such as Adverts, cloud storage, maps) they may crash or behave badly. I get the impression Yuneec are working on this, but getting custom hardware certified for Google is complicated and expensive.

Cleanly written apps should run fine, but a lot of app developers assume you're running on the latest and greatest hardware.

Thanks for the info Tuna ... not sure if I'll even use Google Play Store. Hey Tuna, I was using your Flight Center the other day and was wondering if there is anyway to animate a CCC route in maybe 3D to be able to see altitude ??

Hi

Can any tell me what the top row is reading on the csv. I can understand most but the likes of tas, imu status, f-mode etc what do these mean?

fsk_rssi; voltage; current; altitude; latitude; longitude; tas; gps_used; fix_type; satellites_num; roll; yaw;; pitch; motor_status; imu_status; press_compass_status; f_mode; gps_status; vehicle_type; error_flags1, gps_accH

I just loaded the latest firmware, went through everything, recalibrated everything, but had a major malfunction and a warning stating that I'd lost the compass and that I need to bring it home immediately via angle mode. For the first few minutes it was fine, but then it was out of control and not wanting to respond to commands. After some fighting, I was finally able to dance it back to the landing point but it was tricky, and right before it landed, I believe it said I had lost GPS as well. Any ideas? I tried to upload the telemetry file, but my computer opened it with excel and this forum won't let me upload it, stating that the csv format doesn't have an allowed extension so I can't post it, and I have zero idea what it means or what I'd be looking for.

If you install Flight Centre on your ST16 (First App for the ST-16: Flight Center - Updated 15th November: v1.9), you can view charts showing useful telemetry including compass errors.
Sorry, I don't know what's causing your issue, but I'd try doing the compass calibration again and if the problem persists, then phone Yuneec.

Ya, that was the plan today after the batteries charged, but the wind kicked up good and I want to be sure that nothing can cause any negative outside influence. It was hard enough to bring in without the wind's help. I barely got it up enough to clear the roof of my house as it took off for it's little dance of doom for a few moments.

ST16 has an internal memory of 5gb. Inserting micro SD card on bottom of ST16 will allow you to copy telemetry data to external memory if needed.

Press pad icon

View attachment 700

Click ok

View attachment 701

Pad icon to continue

View attachment 702

File manager

View attachment 703

Flight log

View attachment 704

Telemetry Files

View attachment 705

By pressing down arrow icon you may copy, cut, delete etc.

View attachment 706

Copy and tap on SD card icon on upper left hand corner to access external card.

View attachment 709

Paste file to external SD card. Telemetry file now appears on external memory and may be viewed on your PC.

View attachment 714
Good stuff, thanks for posting...easy to follow. I would just add one final step, "The file is now copied to your microSD, you can now remove and plug in to your computer". But that's just me-;)

Question, why do 3rd party apps crash when attempting to launch them in PAD mode? Would be nice to load Hover as well as some decent video editing software other than the one pre-installed.

YUNEEC has the st16 locked so that you cannot add any other apps on it without unlocking the tablet. Not sure if the tablet has a strong enough processor in it to run other apps while needing the processors power for flight mode. I would not get into trying to add other apps that are not already preloaded or tested and approved by YUNEEC.
I know the UAV TOOLBOX APP has been tested and approved by YUNEEC to install it on the st16.
But in the end it's completely up to you.

I was thinking the same thing, I was looking in the box to see if I missed something. :)

Hmmmm... I bought the most expensive box possible and I searched box, the small boxes inside, backpack etcetera for hours to find the neck-strap.... in vain...
So, if I will ever get a pen.... :-(

Cheers!

I can't even get Google Play Store to open, I've signed in, checked and double checked all my account settings, I can open Google Play Store on my Zen phone and my tablet but not the ST16 ... got any thoughts ?? Have I missed something or is the ST16 running an older version and the Google Play Store won't run on it, why have the Icon if you can't use it ???
2019 and I just am getting to know the guts before I fly and GP Store won't open. I went for ES file manager, copied to SD card but also just usb to my computer and cllickand drag. Now to se if I can open the files from the previous owner.

To see and analyze the FlightLog files on your PC you can use this:

or here: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml.zip

It was made to make a in-depth inspection --> read the manual.
View attachment 19310View attachment 19309View attachment 19311

br HE
Great program and you don’t need an internet connection every time you use it. I have been using it for almost two years now and it has functionality for all the Yuneec UAV’s.
It is self contained and does not require any drivers being loaded on your PC.

Reactions: AussieCate
To see and analyze the FlightLog files on your PC you can use this:

or here: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml.zip

It was made to make a in-depth inspection --> read the manual.
View attachment 19310View attachment 19309View attachment 19311

br HE
It's all in German and unfortunately I don't read German that well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430