Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to change HDMI setting on ST16?

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to send the HDMI signal out. It works fine on 1080p monitors. But all the goggles are 720p. I saw this video that shows a setting, but I can't find it on my ST16. Probably this was an earlier firmware (I'm recently updated). I don't speak German...

Any ideas on how to switch the HDMI setting? I've delved into both the Yuneec application, and the Android itself (Although I'm from the apple world, don't hate me).

THANKS in advance!

Hi,

I want to send the HDMI signal out. It works fine on 1080p monitors. But all the goggles are 720p. I saw this video that shows a setting, but I can't find it on my ST16. Probably this was an earlier firmware (I'm recently updated). I don't speak German...

Any ideas on how to switch the HDMI setting? I've delved into both the Yuneec application, and the Android itself (Although I'm from the apple world, don't hate me).

THANKS in advance!

You can change the video to auto translate which will give you some idea what he's saying, but bear in mind its only a rough translation, my H is away at CS at the moment but from what I can make out he appears to be going into the HDMI settings via clicking on the about controller then HDMI setting, then select modes and if you look on the list of display modes 720p in that list to select.

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I can't find the page he is on with that list. It seems like he is on the upgrade page and clicks the info button again, but this doesn't work... so I'm trying to find that page.

It looks like he keeps clicking the about controller icon until that page appears, I cant try on my TH because its with customer service at the moment.

It looks like he keeps clicking the about controller icon until that page appears, I cant try on my TH because its with customer service at the moment.

Here are the steps I did to get to that menu.
1. Tap "System Settings"
2. Select "OK" to leave telemetry screen
3. Tap "About Controller"
4. Tap "About Controller" again very rapidly. About 5 times.
5. The service menu shows up.

Last edited:
That worked - tapping 5 times fast. Gee, now why didn't I think of that. It's so obvious.... THANK YOU. Now I have some working goggles (FatShark V3). Although I'm not sure if I want to keep them or look for something with a wider field of view. Hmmm...

Reactions: Steve Carr
The hdmi signal is not recognised by the Black Pearl. I've tried 2 ST16s without luck. I'm on the road this week but will try settings at weekend.

It does take a minute or so to do the handshake before I get the picture on the Black Pearl , it does not show the picture immediately
on inserting the cable , my Headplay goggles are the same , I have heard some monitors dont seem to work at all with the st16 , you
would think all the B pearls would be made the same , but maybe not lol

It does take a minute or so to do the handshake before I get the picture on the Black Pearl , it does not show the picture immediately
on inserting the cable , my Headplay goggles are the same , I have heard some monitors dont seem to work at all with the st16 , you
would think all the B pearls would be made the same , but maybe not lol

We will see. Thanks for your input.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech