Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To Disable Smart Mode

I also tried several percentages under AO1 S4 For POS0 thinking perhaps it would change the copters safety zone but that did not work. I'm betting that its in the firmware and as it stands probably cannot be changed just yet. Someone will figure it out.
Excellently Done !

Reactions: Forrestt
OK...
I can Confirm that changing the switch settings of A01 "DOES" disable Smart mode.
You now have:
Up most position Angle mode.
Middle position Angle mode
Lowest position RTH.
I Was able to reset the zero value for Smart mode back to -100% and Smart mode was given back.
What I am NOT able to duplicate is the jump of death on Smart Mode take off.
I tried facing the rear, sides, and diagonal to the H. I even marked off a 26' circle. A few times I was only 2 feet away. It just lifted off like I was in angle mode.

So I confirm Forrest's switch settings work and are reversible.
But you will loose follow me and other modes without smart mode.
I even noticed a 1 to 2 second delay before the H would try to move away while in a 10 foot hover and in Smart mode.
Yuneec owes us some answers.

OK...
I can Confirm that changing the switch settings of A01 "DOES" disable Smart mode.
You now have:
Lowest position RTH.
I Was able to reset the zero value for Smart mode back to -100% and Smart mode was given back.
I tried facing the rear, sides, and diagonal to the H. I even marked off a 26' circle. A few times I was only 2 feet away. It just lifted off like I was in angle mode.

I even noticed a 1 to 2 second delay before the H would try to move away while in a 10 foot hover and in Smart mode.
You can simply disable (INH) POS0 and save. Nothing more so I found out. :)

Reactions: Bobjazz
OK...
You now have:
Lowest position RTH.

As Forrestt tested, you do not need to change number values either, just switch POS 0 to inactive from active, quicker Thanks Bob too for testing to confirm Forrestt's findings !;)

Reactions: Forrestt
OK, so I didn't want to disable Smart mode altogether, so I've swapped the positions of Smart/Angle modes. My settings are now:
A01 - all active
Pos 0 (Angle mode) = 0%
Pos 1 (Smart mode) = 100%
Pos 2 (RTH) - 100%
This does work, just got back from a test flight in the backyard. Purple/White in Pos 0 (Up/away), Green/White in Pos 1(Middle), Red in Pos 2 (Down/RTH). At least this way, if I accidentally hit the Mode switch while I'm trying to get to the Landing gear switch, it should switch to Angle mode (if not already there).

Also, thanks to Forrestt and BobW55 for your info/testing. Great work!

How to kill 2 batteries LOL
This is first time I have had my H in an open area. On second battery I took the camera off. She is pretty zippy when you remove the drag of the camera.
Sorry I could not duplicate the jump of death take off in Smart mode. Tried everything short of using my body for a takeoff pad.
Be careful playing with the switch settings for other things, it can and DOES have strange results (not telling which ones I mucked with)
If you will not be needing Smart Mode the switch settings found by Forrest work and are SAFE.
**** I need more batteries, **** with filming let's fly.

How to kill 2 batteries LOL
This is first time I have had my H in an open area. On second battery I took the camera off. She is pretty zippy when you remove the drag of the camera.
Sorry I could not duplicate the jump of death take off in Smart mode. Tried everything short of using my body for a takeoff pad.
Be careful playing with the switch settings for other things, it can and DOES have strange results (not telling which ones I mucked with)
If you will not be needing Smart Mode the switch settings found by Forrest work and are SAFE.
**** I need more batteries, **** with filming let's fly.
We need to fiquire out how to transfer shutter speed/brightness to one of the slider controls , so we can adjust rapidly in Auto mode ! Then I will be a happy camper !:D

OK, so I didn't want to disable Smart mode altogether, so I've swapped the positions of Smart/Angle modes. My settings are now:
A01 - all active
Pos 0 (Angle mode) = 0%
Pos 1 (Smart mode) = 100%
Pos 2 (RTH) - 100%
This does work, just got back from a test flight in the backyard. Purple/White in Pos 0 (Up/away), Green/White in Pos 1(Middle), Red in Pos 2 (Down/RTH). At least this way, if I accidentally hit the Mode switch while I'm trying to get to the Landing gear switch, it should switch to Angle mode (if not already there).

Also, thanks to Forrestt and BobW55 for your info/testing. Great work!
Well done sir. :)

Not sure it would affect the distance from a tracked subject, or just the take off/landing perimeter in Smart Mode?, but would defanitely shut off the use off CCC,POI etc and thus you wouldn't be in those modes because Smart Mode is disabled!
I may be wrong, but I believe that Smart Mode only controls Watch Me and Follow Me. Turning Smart Mode off should not disable Curved Cable Cam, POI, Orbit, Or Journey. They are in Advanced Modes.

Reactions: Bobjazz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatharthhospital