Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To Disable Smart Mode

Reaction score
For those of you who do not want "smart mode" here is what I figured out this morning. I have already flown three batteries and it works like a champ. Be certain to write down your factory settings/percentages before modifying anything!!! Now, go have fun. ;)

UPDATED STEPS (Much Simpler)
Seems all you need to do contrary to a few of the steps shown in my video are as follows and it will disable the "Smart Mode" until you decide other wise. It is working every time for me and flawless.
1.Tap Channel settings
2.Tap OK
3.Tap AO1
4.Tap S4
5.Tap edit
6. Change Pos.0: from Act to INH ( Reverse this step to gain smart mode feature )
7. Tap Save
8. Tap Return twice and your done.

To confirm you have successfully disabled the SMART MODE simply boot up you ST16 and H then switch between modes
RTH should be Red on your H's LED
Angle should be purple with white
Smart mode if disabled will be purple and white rather than green

Last edited:
For those of you who do not want "smart mode" here is what I figured out this morning. I have already flown three batteries and it works like a champ. Be certain to write down your factory settings/percentages before modifying anything!!! Now, go have fun. ;)

Well found.

Reactions: Forrestt

Good job my friend ! just hope it doesn't alter anything else down the road you may try, but excellent to thought that in settings !:)

Last edited:
Great find!
However you need smart mode for 'watch me' and 'follow me' mode.

I wonder if there is an option in there somewhere to disable the circle of death that we need to get rid of?

Great find!

I wonder if there is an option in there somewhere to disable the circle of death that we need to get rid of?
Yes well put in those occasions you would very much need the H distancing itself from the subject in follow me an watch me modes.

Forresst, then theoretically, can we just move the settings from factory -75 to say -25 and thus reduce the size of the Circle of Death to say 5 ' from the 26' then we will still have smart mode to fly CC and other options, since most all will not take off from less than 5' from them? Seems possible?;)

Forresst, then theoretically, can we just move the settings from factory -75 to say -25 and thus reduce the size of the Circle of Death to say 5 ' from the 26' then we will still have smart mode to fly CC and other options, since most all will not take off from less than 5' from them? Seems possible?;)
Yes , in theory but I have not experimented with that just yet. It has become very windy here in the mountains of NC so any further testing today is out of the question.

Reactions: DroneClone
Yes well put in those occasions you would very much need the H distancing itself from the subject in follow me an watch me modes.
Not sure it would affect the distance from a tracked subject, or just the take off/landing perimeter in Smart Mode?, but would definitely shut off the use off CCC,POI etc and thus you wouldn't be in those modes because Smart Mode is disabled!

Quick note.
If you change any of your channel settings, Write them down on a piece of paper and store them in the battery compartment of the ST-16.
If you change them like Forrest suggested, you can easily change them back for the times you want SMART MODE.
Make note of the FACTORY setting, and what you currently have them set to and WHY.

Quick note.
If you change any of your channel settings, Write them down on a piece of paper and store them in the battery compartment of the ST-16.
If you change them like Forrest suggested, you can easily change them back for the times you want SMART MODE.
Make note of the FACTORY setting, and what you currently have them set to and WHY.

Would not the reset button take it back to factory setting?

Reactions: Steve Carr
Great find!

Would not the reset button take it back to factory setting?
Would not trust that personally. Might only reset everything to ZERO.

Just had a nice conversation with DroneClone and found something that is a bit of concern actually. I asked him to look at his factory settings so as to compare with what my fac settings were and they did not match. Poor QC or??????

Can others state what there POS 0.1.and 2 settings are in factory set, Mine were/are POS0-0- disabled ,POS1-0-disabled POS 2 - Active- +150, Thanks all !

Last edited:
Can others state what there POS 1,2 and 3 settings are in factory set, Mine were/are POS1-0- disabled,POS2-0-disabled POS3 - Active- +150, Thanks all !
That would be a great idea DC! For those of you that are comfortable with doing so. please post your settings as this could be useful indeed!

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval