Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to fly straight (cam in line with direction)

I believe the GPS on/off is on the lower right hand corner of the screen. It's not a button, it's a selection on the screen. It can be turned on/off during flight. I haven't done the updates yet. I'm just way behind on everything.

OK ... hmm. I had the prior FW where it's in the menu ... hard enough to manage, but I sure wish it was a button! Seem to be plenty of buttons to assign to!

Doing calibrations now.

I believe the GPS on/off is on the lower right hand corner of the screen. It's not a button, it's a selection on the screen. It can be turned on/off during flight. I haven't done the updates yet. I'm just way behind on everything.

Nothing like doing compass cal at night. Good thing I don't have neighbors to worry about aliens ...

Little guy is out there in the drive as suggested ... "acclimating" to GPS situation for 13 minutes ...

Will I try a first flight with new fw at night? Yeah .. .why not?

The LED turning off option will be nice when flying over ice/water looking down!

All good. Flight success. Did not even crash into house when messing around. Cannot tell if the bobbling is any better. Doesn't' seem like it is, but, well, at least it's not worse.

Turned GPS off, but I HATE the implementation. Problem is that I like to use no GPS when windy and am flying slow. But it's always windy here. And taking one's hand away from control to try to get GPS back on is a royal pain, as the touchscreen doesn't always respond quite right to cold fingers in the gusty wind, while the H is trying to drift off into the trees.

Anyone at Yuneec listening? How about assigning one of the directional buttons under the left control to GPS on/off? That would be really cool.

All good. Flight success. Did not even crash into house when messing around. Cannot tell if the bobbling is any better. Doesn't' seem like it is, but, well, at least it's not worse.

Turned GPS off, but I HATE the implementation. Problem is that I like to use no GPS when windy and am flying slow. But it's always windy here. And taking one's hand away from control to try to get GPS back on is a royal pain, as the touchscreen doesn't always respond quite right to cold fingers in the gusty wind, while the H is trying to drift off into the trees.

Anyone at Yuneec listening? How about assigning one of the directional buttons under the left control to GPS on/off? That would be really cool.
Many people have asked Yuneec to put the GPS on the Aux switch. Maybe it will happen.

The only way around what seems a left to right movement which will be more noticeable when your flying close to the subject is to fly manually without GPS. It's not that noticeable when your higher as you have to make large movements to see it. The GPS is trying to correct the H as your flying in a straight line so at very low altitude you will see this effect. It's like walking in a straight line but then taking a random side step whilst your walking :) the smoothest footage you can get is when you fly manually. Though I don't know if your altitude is maintained when gps is off.

You will definitely have to rebind the H and then the camera. Power everything down after the updates and then do the binding.

The above is a fact.

GPS is not on a button with the new firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you recalibrate the accelerometer and camera gimbal on a level surface. Check surface with a bubble level first. Then do the compass calibration. It must be done in an open area away from buildings, metal objects, power wires, cell towers. Make sure you are at least 11 ft away from the st16 and you do not have your cell phone on you. The H has to be pointing north when you do the calibration. Do not calibrate your compass in your back yard if you have a concrete in ground pool because of all the metal rebar that is in the pool and decking will effect it.

I don't think it's me ... well, not all me, as I'm sure I could do better.

Say there's a shot you want, to fly straight forward (or backward). I push the stick straight forward, and the bird flies straight, but the cam always seems canted to one side or the other.

So this makes the effect like driving down the road with your head turned several degrees to one side.

Is there a calibration that will make this easier?

I'll upload a short clip from today as elucidation.

Thanks!

I fly mostly FPV and have noticed that mine has the same issue. I thought maybe it was just an illusion, but it does feel as though my camera is slightly turned to the right.
However, when I boot up the bird the camera looks like it is facing straight forward.

I don't remember where or the URL, however, on You tube there is a video that shows how to program the different buttons on the H within the ST16. This was back in July. The video showed the AUX button being programmed. Can't remember what he used it for but it worked. If you can find that video, I believe you could program it to turn the GPS either on or off. I don't know if you can use it as a toggle or not. If not, then I would program it to turn it on in an emergency while flying without. A lot safer than looking at your screen and finding the GPS ON selection when your about to crash or have a fly-a-way.

Found the YouTube Video. It is in German, so if any of you can get it translated, we have a plan, The author programmed the AUX button to control camera functions. You would use the same process to program the AUX button for GPS.

If you get it translated or successfully program the AUX for GPS, please post the instructions and results here.
TY

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval